Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN
I just replaced my damaged grill with this new one. I had to drill out the small rivets and replace with the correct larger ones. You also have to enlarge towards the rear of the car the holes for the turn signal mount. Otherwise they will not seat. Other than that they are great!

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #2694991
09/06/19 02:43 PM
09/06/19 02:43 PM
NEW JERSEY
AARCONV Offline OP
master
AARCONV  Offline OP
master

NEW JERSEY
Who sells the bigger rivets?

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: AARCONV] #2695041
09/06/19 05:38 PM
09/06/19 05:38 PM
Woodbridge
T
Tommy The Chryco Offline
super stock
Tommy The Chryco  Offline
super stock
T

Woodbridge
I have them. Let me know.

Fight the Good Fight- Elastomeric Bumpers and The Better "Shaker kits"
Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: AARCONV] #2695120
09/07/19 07:06 AM
09/07/19 07:06 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Originally Posted by AARCONV
https://youtu.be/Kswwj56tCx0

Very close to Original as I can see...

That's a Goodmark grille. Not a bad piece, the plastic does have some minor issues and the trim is awful. The lateral bars are flat and do not have the step like an original. The mounting bolt holes for the parking lights will need modified so the lights go all the way in. The headlight bucket mounting feet do not have the brass sleeve in them, don't over tighten the screws, you might smash the feet. If you have good original trim, us it, install the repro stuff and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: HEMICUDA] #2695399
09/08/19 10:16 AM
09/08/19 10:16 AM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
Originally Posted by HEMICUDA

That's a Goodmark grille. Not a bad piece, the plastic does have some minor issues and the trim is awful. The lateral bars are flat and do not have the step like an original. The mounting bolt holes for the parking lights will need modified so the lights go all the way in. The headlight bucket mounting feet do not have the brass sleeve in them, don't over tighten the screws, you might smash the feet. If you have good original trim, us it, install the repro stuff and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Listen to HEMICUDA. He knows what he’s talking about. He is the main reason we have really GOOD 70 cuda grills out there in the first place. He did produce them but got out of the repop business. He spends half of his time now in a one man restoration shop and the other half chasing little white balls around in a cow pasture trying to hit them into gopher holes.😁😁. That’s the rumors anyway. Lol. If you can find one of his repops you’d be better off buying his. They came painted to perfection, both the black AAR and the argent Cuda grille. I bought some of the first ones out and some of the last ones he had just for stock. They all have the part number on them. PG classic sells a grille but it may be the same one as the Goodmark grille. It may be painted but I don’t think so. I see they advertise they have an AAR grill advertised cast in black plastic but it may not painted. I’m not sure if anyone has the parking light assembly out there yet. His came with them. Last time I spoke to PG, they were working on getting them out. I’m glad I got my stock of them when they were available. I’ve bought a car recently and I’ve already have a new grille to go in it. I just bought a car that had one of his new grilles that came with it. That was a big bonus. 👍

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: fastmark] #2695650
09/09/19 05:15 AM
09/09/19 05:15 AM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Originally Posted by fastmark

Listen to HEMICUDA. He knows what he’s talking about. He is the main reason we have really GOOD 70 cuda grills out there in the first place. He did produce them but got out of the repop business. He spends half of his time now in a one man restoration shop and the other half chasing little white balls around in a cow pasture trying to hit them into gopher holes.😁😁. That’s the rumors anyway. Lol. If you can find one of his repops you’d be better off buying his. They came painted to perfection, both the black AAR and the argent Cuda grille. I bought some of the first ones out and some of the last ones he had just for stock. They all have the part number on them. PG classic sells a grille but it may be the same one as the Goodmark grille. It may be painted but I don’t think so. I see they advertise they have an AAR grill advertised cast in black plastic but it may not painted. I’m not sure if anyone has the parking light assembly out there yet. His came with them. Last time I spoke to PG, they were working on getting them out. I’m glad I got my stock of them when they were available. I’ve bought a car recently and I’ve already have a new grille to go in it. I just bought a car that had one of his new grilles that came with it. That was a big bonus. 👍

Come on Mark, there's three of us here now.

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: HEMICUDA] #2695665
09/09/19 08:06 AM
09/09/19 08:06 AM
Abilene, Texas
F
fastmark Offline
master
fastmark  Offline
master
F

Abilene, Texas
Originally Posted by fastmark

Come on Mark, there's three of us here now.

You’re expanding! Lol. 😁

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: AARCONV] #2697929
09/15/19 11:52 PM
09/15/19 11:52 PM
Sandy, OR
OE Argent Offline
OE Argent  Offline

Sandy, OR
Like these...

IMG_0924.JPGIMG_0919.JPG
Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: OE Argent] #2697994
09/16/19 10:08 AM
09/16/19 10:08 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
with a MAN sized rivet gun ! boogie
beer

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: moparx] #2698198
09/16/19 07:48 PM
09/16/19 07:48 PM
Sandy, OR
OE Argent Offline
OE Argent  Offline

Sandy, OR
Yah, I Found the regular pop rivet type hand tool wouldn't squeeze the steel rivets...

Re: 70 Barracuda Grill OER Brand to Original Comparison [Re: OE Argent] #2698372
09/17/19 10:12 AM
09/17/19 10:12 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
my grip is so bad anymore, i can't hardly squeeze a regular rivet gun, let alone try one with those rivets.
beer