Originally Posted by lostdog
[quote=383man]I have hit 10.70's in my 63 Sport Fury driving it to the track and racing it as its driven through the full exh on 92 pump. Its a 440/493 with 10.6 comp using Indy EZ heads and the Indy dual plane intake. I run a Holley 850 DP carb and a Mallory dist and MP ECU. I have not lightened it any as I wanted to get it in the 10's with everything on it. It still has the heater box and steel bumpers. I did get a glass hood as I did not want to cut my original hood when I put the scoop on it. The cam is a solid flat tappet from Dwayne Porter as its 264 & 270 @ .050 with .585 & .592 lift and a 110 LSA. Its in the eng on a 106 ICL. I use Hughes 1.6 roller tip rockers. Has TTI 2" headers and TTI 3" exh with Dyno-Max Ultra-Flow mufflers. Its a 727 with a Turbo Action reverse manual valve body and a Dynamic 9.5 converter. Has an 8-3/4 with 4.30 gears and I run a 30 x 9 rear tire. It weighs right around 3700 lbs without me and I added a rollbar and frame connectors. Best et is 10.76 and 125.31 mph. I really like the fact that I can drive the 45 miles to my local track and just bleed the rear tires a little and go run 10.70's and 10.80's. Its a real fun street car and I don't change a thing at the track as I race it just how I drive it. Ron

[quote=383man]

pretty cool and where i ant to be with mine

Thank you and thanks to all of you for the kind words. I had made a mistake on my weight before as I had said 3725 with me but I meant without me and that's after I had added the rollbar and frame connectors. Its right around 3700 with a 1/2 tank of gas without me and I go about 180. The rollbar and frame connectors did add about 150 lbs because it weighed right about 3540 without me and about 1/4 tank of gas before the rollbar and frame connectors. Course it is the Sport Fury model which has the most options of the 63 model and should be the heaviest of the 63 Plymouths. Most racers used the Savoy since they are a bit lighter with less options. I also now realize my car don't fit the OP request as I just saw the headline saying …...10 second strokers and did not realize he wanted mid to low 10 second combo's. Sorry about that as that's my mistake. Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. wave Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/05/19 03:52 PM.