03/18/19 12:40 PM
03/18/19 12:40 PM
Fairfield, CA
O
Odin Offline OP
Odin  Offline OP
O

Fairfield, CA
I had a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Grand Coupe in the mid to late 80s with VIN BP23N0B155499. I am searching for the car in hopes it is still alive.

I was in high school when I bought it in 1985 from a private seller named Phillip Bridges in Seelyville, IN (near Terre Haute). It then had a tricked 340 in it, but it was not running. I parked the car outside next to my mom's garage with plans of bringing it back to life with the help of my friends. I picked up a junk 72 Barracuda for parts and parked it next to mine. Mom was not happy that two non-running cars were parked in her yard.

I joined the Army shortly thereafter and went to AL then Korea. The car was gone when I returned from Korea. My mom didn't care about the car so she had no idea where it was. Rumors from friends were that it was towed because it had no registration but I was never able to confirm it. I continued traveling around the states in the service and was not knowledgeable enough to conduct a proper or thorough search for the car.

In 1988, I brought the signed title to DMV in CA where I was able to register the car in my name. That was the last time I saw papers about the car. I still have the CA DMV registration from 1988 and a copy of the 1985 Indiana title signed by the guy who sold it to me. I still live in CA and I recently got back into cars. I would like to find this car and get it back.

I had "Title Gods" do a nationwide search, but they found no record of the car being registered in any state over the last ten years.
The VIN is not registered with Barry Washington on the Hamtramck Historical site <www.hamtramck-historical.com/>.

I am hoping someone has seen it, or the current owner does a VIN search on the internet and stumbles across this post. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

2019-03-14 019.JPG2019-03-14 018.JPG
Re: Looking for my old Barracuda [Re: Odin] #2634073
03/18/19 02:22 PM
03/18/19 02:22 PM
Hamtramck, PA
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer

Hamtramck, PA
The VIN is not registered with Barry Washington

I noted it in the database when you emailed about it so I know to contact you if it surfaces. wink