05/26/06 11:32 PM
05/26/06 11:32 PM
Johnston County, N.C.
S
Shawns_Cuda Offline
Shawns_Cuda  Offline
S

Johnston County, N.C.
My biggest gripe would have to be where the racers were pitted. You couldn't hear the loudspeakers and in some spots there was no reception at all on the radio to listen to the track announcements and we had two radios going. Other than that it would be cool to try to block some of the wind at half track. Saturday afternoon was pretty tough. Atleast for me in the left lane. The wind took me near the wall post haste. Those are my only gripes. The Hemi Shootout alone was well worth the trip for me. Warfish was very impressive.

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: WalterF] #24443
05/27/06 09:33 AM
05/27/06 09:33 AM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

Want my honest opinion?
I've worked in the entertainment industry for most of my life. I once heard a saying that: you don't have to have a 10 Million dollar budget to get a good film produced, you just have to have good spirits and GOOD HOME MADE FOOD. Food is the greatest spirit lifter in any case.
The speakers in the tower need some up-lifting in their monolog and a little more decibels added in. I could hardly hear them commenting even when there was'nt any cars running.

Bring a good STICK VS AUTOMATIC race to the plate, and don't forget we all have to open to the other makes too. IE: Bring on some Bowties and Blue ovals to the mix for some trash racing and raving. And don't forget a good payout if possible. The Mopar Nationals in Ohio used to do the same and now that they have laxed over inviting the other competition, they too have lost attendance aside from some other serious issues they need to address.
I hate E-bay because it among other Hi-tech stuff has conditioned most in the world not to attend even their own funerals. Leave it to beaver on the screen.
People are under this spell of having everything come to them on a electronic plate and not have to work their legs, arms and negotiating tools to get that rare part while looking the vendor in the eye. I remember having the greatest joke/snap fest with my buddies about every day people and every day parts at these swap meets. We'd come outta there bending over and wanting to come back the next year.

Lets get outta the comfort zone of our couches and "American Idol" and walk the talk and maybe even vote for good politicians in the intern.
Bring a little element of the ever so popular Real Street Races to the program, not the Friday night Mopar vs the World stuff where people race strangers that they'll never see again nor care about, but some real simmering local grudge matches that can take place on Saturday or Sunday for the world to watch. I care some what for my competition on the street.
Last but not least, I think America is right now in a drastic Moral down swing that is just under the skin, We all know what that is about, but we'll keep that tucked under the rug just like every thing important. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
FMJ

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: abodyjoe] #24444
05/27/06 12:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. #24445
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Walt ,Thanks for the tickets and I'll be there next year for sure.

heck . let me in for free and i won't have any complaints either...

Joe, All you have to is invest a small fortune for a big name car and then the world beats a path to your door

lol....

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: abodyjoe] #24446
05/27/06 01:15 PM
05/27/06 01:15 PM
Atco NJ
DJVCuda Offline
I Live Here
DJVCuda  Offline
I Live Here

Atco NJ
at least not EVERYONE is kissing butt here, and hopefully good ole walt will listen to our suggestions, at least ya better start, since e-towns fat lady is starting to humm.....

seriously, I bet alot of guys bit thier lip on this one - I get 3 PM's saying that they agreed on what I had to say about E-town.... but i guess since it was sponsored by Mopats, some feel a little shy about speaking thier mind - ???

PLEASE give your honest opinions here, it might just get thru this year!!!!

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: DJVCuda] #24447
05/27/06 01:36 PM
05/27/06 01:36 PM
central New Jersey
D
dbdartman Offline
master
dbdartman  Offline
master
D

central New Jersey
Dave, they're looking for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM, not the same old women crying about how it's a dieing show (as I'm quite sure they've heard time & again).

Let's try to help, not OK?

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: dbdartman] #24448
05/27/06 03:12 PM
05/27/06 03:12 PM
NEW JERSEY
AARCONV Offline
master
AARCONV  Offline
master

NEW JERSEY
maybe all the people sold their mopars and have nothing to bring or get..or the family issues come in....heck..i missed out on showing my car for 5 years in row...1990-1994...but i did visit on sunday or saturday...no matter what....still paid for the show incase something cancelled in life..

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: AARCONV] #24449
05/27/06 03:48 PM
05/27/06 03:48 PM
Glenolden, PA
E
enigma Offline
mopar addict
enigma  Offline
mopar addict
E

Glenolden, PA
I'd like to see a turbo mopar-car shootout early in the day on saturday, that'd be real neat. Get in touch with the omni guys or SRT-4 guys for that. Almost all of the cars are muffled, and alot of them are scary-quick.

2001 Quad Cab Worked 4.7, 13.87 @97mph. BOO-Yah http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/4BLHIRM51TZS.html 1970 Plymouth duster, Mini-tub in works, 428 R3 build started 1991 Eagle Talon AWD TSI, daily driver 13 sec beater with brok tranny
Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: fullmetaljacket] #24450
05/27/06 05:41 PM
05/27/06 05:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you do DO NOT allow brand-xer's in on Sat. and Sun. you'll lose even more people!!!

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. #24451
05/27/06 11:35 PM
05/27/06 11:35 PM
East Setauket, Long Island
S
superbeeadam Offline
master
superbeeadam  Offline
master
S

East Setauket, Long Island
Quote:

Whatever you do DO NOT allow brand-xer's in on Sat. and Sun. you'll lose even more people!!!

Yes we come to see the Mopars keep it with just Mopars. I have been there every year some with a car many without. Yes it is a hike to get there traveling in NY state traffic is no fun but I agree with most people we would like to see more names shall we say little red wagon, Shirley make another run like in years past. Somebody has to be able to still do that as everytime one of the exhibionists made a pass those grandstands were packed solid waiting for them. It is always nice to see the racing but something special to make the racing even better. Why not talk to some of the bigger vendors and give them free spaces to come, a year one (I know I will hear it about that one) or others like that who serve the Mopar community and tie that in with the midway you proposed of services as well.Even the car show you could expect to see at least 6-8 wing cars and I saw two on Sat, not much more than some of the local shows.

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. #24452
05/28/06 12:23 AM
05/28/06 12:23 AM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

Hey guy's.
I'm all for Mopar, but lets face it, the stands erupt when a Mopar beats up on the General or Henry.
I remember hearing people wail when ever the Mope's had the win light.
Fast class should get a good payout, maybe sponsored by their mother makes, ie: Mopar sponsoring Tom's Chally or Daves GTX, and GM sponsoring that fast Stingray every ones talking about.
Super Stock nostalgic should get a nod.
I'll even race Mr. Jay Leno and his rides for a charity to kids. the winner gives the pot to the charity of his/her choice. Bring it on.
Maybe a local fast street racer can get it on with the al-mighty "Silver Bullet" or its clone for bragging rights, should be a loud crowd both from the Jersey side and Michigan.
FMJ

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: fullmetaljacket] #24453
05/28/06 05:33 AM
05/28/06 05:33 AM
Fitchburg,Massachusetts
MPerry Offline
Mopahts memba'
MPerry  Offline
Mopahts memba'

Fitchburg,Massachusetts
Mopar vs the world is on Friday night! I don't want to see other makes on Sat or Sun during the Mopar show. ~Mike~

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: MPerry] #24454
05/28/06 06:28 AM
05/28/06 06:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Mopar vs the world is on Friday night! I don't want to see other makes on Sat or Sun during the Mopar show. ~Mike~

Exactely....its called The MOPAR Atlantic Nats!!!!! for a reason.......ie:nothing but MOPAR keep it that way!!!!!

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: WalterF] #24455
05/28/06 06:59 PM
05/28/06 06:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Walter the Mopar Atlantic Nationals were a lot of fun and thank you for the chance to help out with the Hemi cars.I will alway surport this event being somewhat close to home.The changes i would like to see are mostly with the bracket program starting with street.I was dissapointed that there was no payout,for 18 of the 20years they had a payout now for the last 2 years they deside to give a trophy and no money,WHY? I canot see the reason raceway park can't have some kind of payout.I talk to a lot of guys that said that if there is no payout in street next year that they will not come.I think raceway park should rethink this and offer a payout for street again.I also think that the entry fee should be $30.00 for street and pay $300.00 to the winner and $150.00 to the runner up,$75.00 to each semi finalist and that a minimun of 64 cars must be met for a full payout.I think that is fair.Also allowing race cars in the class will keep some people away.By that,I am saying to set some kind of rules and inforce them,like making sure ALL Street cars have DOT tires,Closed Exhaust,Current Regeristion and so on.I dont have all the answers but i do have have some solutions and idears that i hope can help make the Mopar Atlantic Nationals a little bit better next year.

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: WalterF] #24456
05/30/06 12:54 AM
05/30/06 12:54 AM
New Jersey
A
Alan Offline
Alan  Offline
A

New Jersey
Hmmmmmm...

The interesting reading on this matter continues...!

A few impressions as I filter through all of this:

"We need more vendors? Yeah, I'm sure. Do you know how many vendors tell me that they are "done" with shows? Ebay has changed things forever. Sorry, but it is true. Why load up a pickup with stuff when you can sell the same items from your living room?"

While I'll agree eBay has changed things forever, a few things haven't changed... like the weight of a third member, or the crating costs for hoods & sheet metal... Oh wait, I DID forget one thing that's changed... Shipping costs & postage have gone up, due to the price of gas.

C'mon, that's gotta be the most sweeping lame excuse I've heard for why more vendors don't attend - go to Chryslers at Carlisle and wade through the vendor field... know why they are there...?

TRAFFIC! VOLUME! People who are there with wads of cash in their pockets, and who fought traffic, waited in endless lines, and PAID just to get in for the priviledge of wading through those vendors (and, on top of it, have to go elsewhere to see the racing)!

I sort of think whatever/whoever vendors told E-town that they're "done" with shows are 1.) not in the "heavy iron" business, or 2.) not in a "must-see-and-touch-it-before-I-buy-it" product line. Or, are we taking about 'Year One' or 'Just Suspensions' here...? Yeah, I agree - they can afford to be done with shows - they have very established reputations, and sell what are essentially commodity and exclusive items within our hobby... but if eBay has crushed the attractiveness of the swap meet, why do some - who could easily be Internet/mail-order-only business (Gunslinger, AAR Fiberglass, etc. and, oh yeah... all those guys selling JL's and Hot Wheels and whatever...?) still come out to these shows...? Ummmmm... would it be... TRAFFIC? EXPOSURE? i.e., the same personal selling that got some of those bigger guys I've mentioned where they are today...?!? I think, perhaps...!

Convince the vendor that there will be lots of spectator traffic, and he will come. As it is now with the MANats, I think if I were a vendor, I'd just hold out for Carlisle a month later... but E-town has the "early" advantage - Promote throughout the year, tell everyone how great it will be, backing it up with what attractions will be there, and get people (and their winter savings) out to E-town BEFORE they can haul out to PA and blow it on funnel cakes at Carlisle...

"How do we revive this thing? It will take a lot of thought and a lot of work, but as I said earlier, we have not thrown in the towel!"

Well, that's a nice bit of cheerleading, but while E-town may have a twenty-year tradition with the Mopar Show in question, it unfortunately has a now five-year tradition of being a bit worse each year - and that's going to take more than thought, work, and the towel to come back from, and I seriously doubt it can happen in a single year... But the Mopar community is a relatively small and loyal one, and you can be assured word travels fast (another thing the Internet hath wrought...) Put in a good effort in 2007, and I think folks will be VERY GLAD to hear that the show is on the upswing again - and if it's memorable enough, I should think 2008 could be the year E-town is "back on the Map" for must-attend east coast Mopar events.

Oh, and a word about the food concessions... personally, I never thought this was a pivotal issue to a given event, but... since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, here's my two-cents:

Want to see how a race track burger ought to be served...?

Visit ATCO... enough said.

All comments written in the best of tough-love for E-town,

- Alan

Re: An Thank You from E-Town and some observations. [Re: Alan] #24457
05/30/06 09:12 AM
05/30/06 09:12 AM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

Alan. THANK YOU.
Ebay sucks.
And I'd rather see the part than have back and forth mailings, shipping about a part that doesn't fit the part.
What ever happen to exersize in the morning, Fresh air, the sun, maybe a little rain that brings down the prices to bring up the spirits.
A friend of mine scoulded me for not bringin' my street thug to the races, said I was'nt supporting the cause. Well, aside from my thug being down with problems, I think that my 65.00 at the gate to buy a vendor spot, filling up at the local gas station and at the track race gas depot, making some heads laugh about some races was a good enough contribution on its own. I still go and spectate, sell, buy or grudge race when I can. Either way I'm there every year in some form or outta shape at the line.
And further more, put me in those food stands and I'll show 'em how to serve a good meal or two.
Your's truly.
Chef-Boy-R-Lee.

Page 2 of 2 1 2