09/30/17 02:00 PM
09/30/17 02:00 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
Yes Brad, the gasket you have pictured is for the B-1 heads and valve covers.

I can tell you this. OhioGTX, a close friend of mine has been using our #3186 with the Victor heads AND cast Mopar Performance valve covers for years with zero leak issues. If he had an issue I would most certainly be aware of it.

When I gave him the gaskets he asked, "what should i do for installation?" I said, "nothing, just put them on and tighten the fasteners."
To this day I believe those same gaskets are on the engine without issue.

Re: superperformance valve cover gaskets [Re: mikeysmopars] #2379324
09/30/17 02:14 PM
09/30/17 02:14 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
Originally Posted By mikeysmopars

This is the same thing I have going on with the same gaskets, I brought this up to Greg which he took a lot of time to try to help including offering new gaskets but which gaskets work best on Indy big block heads and valve covers? Indy's leaked out of the gate. Superformance lasted the longest but still leak when I ran the valves a couple times.

Mike you have the #3186 gasket which was designed with the intention of it being "The Gasket To Use" with the Indy heads and valve covers.

As I stated in our conversations there is something going on with the components you are using. Either flatness, valve cover hold downs or something. Heck, it could be something else leaking making it look like the valve covers.
You never let me know if you wanted to try a set of the Carbon-X gaskets..... the offer still stands.

Re: superperformance valve cover gaskets [Re: eds dart] #2379326
09/30/17 02:17 PM
09/30/17 02:17 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
Originally Posted By eds dart
the pink gaskets didn,t work on my victors either. plus they tore after I took the covers off the first time after first passes to redo lash. went back to mr gasket black cork type, rtv.d to cylinder head side. worked for years on stock heads and cast valve covers. will see longevity on this set up. don't think pink gaskets are the problem, the identified mismatch at the cylinder head is the source off the problems. why eldebrock built the victors this way????

Should have contacted me....... "When someone purchases from Superformance Products they get real, honest and cohesive tech support direct from the manufacturer. Take advantage of that benefit."

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5