09/27/16 11:51 PM
09/27/16 11:51 PM
Kansas
B
Burnincircles Offline OP
Burnincircles  Offline OP
B

Kansas
I recently bought some Comp Ultra Pro Magnum shaft rockers for our 360. I was very impressed. However, these have two bushings in each rocker, with a void in the center. After we installed them, the bushings walked and butted up against each other, blocking the oil hole. Fortunately, we caught it before there was a major problem. Comp is currently working with us on the issue. My question is, has anyone experienced a problem such as this?...... Bob P.

Re: Comp Ultra Pro Magnum Rocker Arms [Re: Burnincircles] #2163341
09/28/16 01:10 AM
09/28/16 01:10 AM
So. Burlington, Vt.
F
fast68plymouth Offline
I Live Here
fast68plymouth  Offline
I Live Here
F

So. Burlington, Vt.
I used to build some sb mopar oval track stuff about 20 years ago.
We ran Norris stainless rockers on those motors.
They had one solid bushing the full width of the rocker with a couple holes drilled for oiling.

The press fit on the bushings wasnt as tight as it needed to be, and occasionally one would turn inside the rocker and block off the oil holes...... And then you waste the adjuster screw and pushrod, and you're done for the day. This usually seemed to happen when the car was either in the lead or near the front.

After this happened a few times we decided to "fix" it.
We pulled all the bushongs out and had a shop in town machine the ID of the rocker bodies slightly larger, from each end, but left a space in the middle, in line with the oil holes, untouched.
Made new bronze bushings to fit the new bore size, pressed one in from each side.....never had another failure. The bushings couldn't move side to side(rib in the center of the rocker, spacers on the outsides of the body)and if they turned in the body, it had no affect on the oiling.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads