Danville, NH
M
Mopar_Mike Offline OP
master
Mopar_Mike  Offline OP
master
M

Danville, NH
I have a nice dual inline remote oil filter system. Since my battery is in the trunk this system will fit nicely where the battery once was. I have a street strip 67 RT with 446 and 727. Car is set up more for the track, headers, eddys, no PS no PB, caltracs, spool etc. (if any of that matters?) I have an aftermarket stock appearing oil pump. Questions:
1) What if any performance benefit will I achieve?
2) What if any protection/advantage will I achieve?
3) I already have a 7 quart pan, how much more oil will I need to add?
4) Would I need an oil pump that pushed more volume to use this?

Thanks!

RS23L7 4-Speed

Re: Adding a Dual Inline Remote Oil Filter System.. Why? [Re: Mopar_Mike] #214601
02/05/09 10:33 AM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
Quote:

I have a nice dual inline remote oil filter system. Since my battery is in the trunk this system will fit nicely where the battery once was. I have a street strip 67 RT with 446 and 727. Car is set up more for the track, headers, eddys, no PS no PB, caltracs, spool etc. (if any of that matters?) I have an aftermarket stock appearing oil pump. Questions:

Thanks!

In the marine industry duel filters are common , anytime you increse oil volume without adding windage is good, duel filters have twice the filter aera to collect trash , the boat engine people started using duels when they went from 1 to 5 year warr , to help cover thier butts, the duel filters may help with oil temp ,the oil level will depend on what size filter you use , the best part of duel remotes is you can mount the filters upright you you dont spill on changes , we allways fill the filters before installing , it takes a lot of dry cranking to fill them on the starter, the marine engines are all hv pumps but once the filters are full a stock pump should work fine , choose the best oil line & fittings , seen a lota lunched engines from failed oil lines,

Re: Adding a Dual Inline Remote Oil Filter System.. Why? [Re: Mopar_Mike] #214602
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Thanks!

I run a dual port filter also but only run a single
line in and out... I would guess that if you wanted
to run smaller lines then the dual would come into
play. If you increase volume all you do is increase
the pressure(pressure is a by product of flow and
restriction) so if your getting good pressure now
I wouldnt worry but if you want more pressure put
in the pump.... but most likely it will just by-pass
anyways