Milwaukee WI
T
TRENDZ Offline
master
TRENDZ  Offline
master
T

Milwaukee WI
The best way I can describe it is this. Most guys that are drag racing assume that the car is only going straight. That's great if that's what happens, but eventually the car will get out of shape.
Anyway, guys take the average street car and turn into a drag car. The first thing they do is take off the front sway bar. Now lets assume the guy follows the same old recipe of 90/10s, lower spring rate, etc... The front is now loose, and the front wheels can move independently from each other. The car will act like an old 3 wheel ATV in a hard turn if it has a stiff rear bar in it... They outlawed 3 wheel ATVs.
I am not suggesting that the above is the proper way to set up a car, but it is way to common. If you have a stock(ish) front suspension (this car) and are considering a rear bar, MY advice is to have a front bar.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"
Re: Should I add a ARB to the mix [Re: turbo toad] #2139245
08/23/16 12:03 PM
08/23/16 12:03 PM
michigan
turbo toad Offline OP
enthusiast
turbo toad  Offline OP
enthusiast

michigan
Trendz the car will see some street time mostly to and from work which is a 15 min drive down country roads and to the local car show,but Im truely hoping to make 2017 DW, but only time will tell. The front suspension is stock style but ive added the capability of making it fully adjustable with nothing but good parts,I also added shock tower supports,for the added load on the front end and added a tublar core support acouple years ago to help stuffin the front end of the car.
The car always ran true with the turbo slant but honestly I was only making about 400hp and the car was pretty consistent, so im hoping with the suspension upgrades i made it will beable to handle the added power,but as stated many times only time will tell.......

Gregsdart ive been trying to source parts out to make my own but havent had much luck,but ill continue to look. I was looking at this one online and bang for your buck It looks like a nice piece and they'll make custom length bars, https://trickchassis.com/index.php?id_product=43&controller=product the team z one is nice and reasonably priced as well, but I haven't decided just yet what which direction ill go.

Funds have been abit tight the last couple months as work has slowed down some but things are looking better for the future,and its made me work on the small things that needed to be handled over the last 2 months but things are definitely moving forward.
Thanks again all

Last edited by turbo toad; 08/23/16 02:11 PM.

Check out my build on Facebook Ttoad Hurley its updated regularly
Page 2 of 2 1 2