06/28/16 02:21 PM
Mountain View, CA
68rrunner Offline OP
enthusiast
68rrunner  Offline OP
enthusiast

Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
The two wear together...... Or live together.

You can put a new/different rod in it, but you'll be on borrowed time.

You didn't say what type of cam you have, but I'm assuming its a cast cam core.

If it's a billet core(roller cam), they don't often live when used with a std pushrod(although I did get away with it on my own motor).

Got impatient this morning and slammed it all together with the good rod. Cold fuel pressure was really good, drove it around on a few errands, no issues. As things warmed up pressure backed down to a steady 3 psi. I'll keep checking it as I drive it over the next couple of days.
It's a Comp Cam.
And the car used to be setup for an electric pump and full return system, so I have everything to convert it back, just don't like the limited life cycle of the electrics.

Re: Carter HV Fuel Pump Pressure Loss [Re: 68rrunner] #2100010
06/28/16 03:33 PM
06/28/16 03:33 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Originally Posted By 68rrunner
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
The two wear together...... Or live together.

You can put a new/different rod in it, but you'll be on borrowed time.

You didn't say what type of cam you have, but I'm assuming its a cast cam core.

If it's a billet core(roller cam), they don't often live when used with a std pushrod(although I did get away with it on my own motor).

Got impatient this morning and slammed it all together with the good rod. Cold fuel pressure was really good, drove it around on a few errands, no issues. As things warmed up pressure backed down to a steady 3 psi. I'll keep checking it as I drive it over the next couple of days.
It's a Comp Cam.
And the car used to be setup for an electric pump and full return system, so I have everything to convert it back, just don't like the limited life cycle of the electrics.

Are all the fuel lines tight and leak proof? Happened on an MG years ago, idled ok but under load it was suckin air or leaking either way new rubber line and clamps and problem solved........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2