top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Hmmm...

I must rate with the big dogs then.
Something I didnt realize.

My point is if one wanted them one has to keep informed as to the availability of the supply and speak when they are available.

That is a true statement.

That I do know.

There were 5 available last I knew and that was months ago.

You be careful.

Last edited by theclutcher; 02/03/09 02:43 PM.
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: Laurent] #208669
02/03/09 02:41 PM
02/03/09 02:41 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

Hello Jesse
If Xr1/2 blocks aren't yet available for everyone.... You could probably sent me the parts you're supposed to supply me since over one year... It seemed you fixed stainless W9 flanges story but you forgot me(ARP w9 stand bolts....)...

Let me know...

Laurent.

Sorry your right I did forget. You just need the stand fastening hardware correct? I should be able to get it out by the end of the week. Please PM me your shipping info, I dont think I have it anywhere.

SDG Motorsports
Hellcat Demon and Redeye Supercharger CNC Porting
https://www.sdgmotorsports.com/
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: theclutcher] #208670
02/03/09 02:50 PM
02/03/09 02:50 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

Hmmm...

I must rate with the big dogs then.
Something I didnt realize.

My point is if one wanted them one has to keep informed as to the availability of the supply and speak when they are available.

That is a true statement.

That I do know.

There were 5 available last knew and that was months ago.

You be careful.

Really?!

Hmmm my money must not be as good as yours. I was paid in FULL last March at the Indy show. Due to some mfg probs they had, people didnt't get their blocks. So I've been waiting a year now. But I'm glad that they found the prob and it is now fixed. So we will get a superior product and IMO it's worth the wait.

So are you saying someone is lying to me??? Cause your so much better?

SDG Motorsports
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: DemonDust] #208671
02/03/09 03:07 PM
02/03/09 03:07 PM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Not saying that at all.
At the time, most of the available blocks were spoken for already but there were still some to be had.
Just had to be machined yet.
Maybe i just got lucky on the timing.
Again, the point being, if I, as casually as I have inquired as to the availabily can get one, than someone of greater interest and need than I should surely have been able to.

If you new me, you would know I dont think myself better than anybody. Sorry for not saying I was being sarcastic.
Just dont care for someone telling me something that in my exprerience is not correct.
Also, agree that it is worth the wait, these parts look great.

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: theclutcher] #208672
02/03/09 03:24 PM
02/03/09 03:24 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Awesome! Do you have pics? I know some did make it through QC and checked out good in the first run I have not seen one machined yet. I just saw the raw casting at Indy last year. Someone said they seen pics of a machined XR block on here.

Was it you?

I put a post up a couple months ago and no one had any pics.

SDG Motorsports
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: RyanJ] #208673
02/03/09 03:32 PM
02/03/09 03:32 PM
Carbondale PA
Domino1609 Offline
enthusiast
Domino1609  Offline
enthusiast

Carbondale PA
Quote:

Anyone who is seriously interested in building one should contact Rick, he is the one in charge of the XR2 P7 development. I specialize in wedge motors.

I know most of the answers on the XR2 questions, but not everyone is going to be thrilled when they hear them. It did end up swaying more toward a modified R5 deal than was I think originally intended. The 3 biggest things it will allow is the use of an off shelf 340 main crankshaft (try that in your R5 or $6000 EEI block) Which opens up the stroke avenues greatly without having to do a custom billet. No stupid R5 trans adapters..... & the cost is about 1/2 of an EEI block. Those are basically it's 3 biggest benefits.... If those 3 things don't help, just go do an R5 or an EEI block.

I'll start working on them when blocks are more available. I'd rather have people ask Rick specific questions because he has actually worked on them.... In reality Rick is the ONLY one qualified to answer specific tech questions about the XR2/P7. Kent can answer questions as well, but Rick actually has more hands on experience with them than Kent so.... anything else you hear about them is pretty much hearsay or second hand info, which is what I'm giving here & I don't like giving second hand info. Only specific things I know about them I have gotten from talking with Rick about them, & some of the production problems from Kent. So that's why these 2-3+ posts a week about the XR stuff are hard to deal with because only a few people have the answers & they are too busy to be answering Q's everytime some pop up. Just gonna have to wait until some are finally running to get good grasp on what can & can't be done.

Covered well by Ryan in the above post!!!!!!

570-561-1746
I am in here all day, I am working my way through more than one XR-2 Combination,keep in mind that is not all we do here though, I can only one off something as time permits,and as the customer can fit their budget, as promissed I will post the good along with the bad, when it is all worked out, the blocks are very nice.

If anyone has something they need to know, feel free to call, for Chr---- sake, I jumped on to get the shipping info for the guys who are getting a plug indexer this week, and I have to see this, sh--

I have 1 extra XR-2 here,although it is spoken for, the customer is nice enough to let me use it and replace it later, I will sell it as a complete engine only because all the work is done.
First call/deposit gets it.

Rick Liuzzo

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: Domino1609] #208674
02/03/09 03:56 PM
02/03/09 03:56 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

I have 1 extra XR-2 here,although it is spoken for, the customer is nice enough to let me use it and replace it later, I will sell it as a complete engine only because all the work is done.
First call/deposit gets it.

Rick Liuzzo

Do you have any pics? I would just like to see one. Or are pics not allowed yet?

Just curious, thanks Rick

SDG Motorsports
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: DemonDust] #208675
02/03/09 04:33 PM
02/03/09 04:33 PM
Carbondale PA
Domino1609 Offline
enthusiast
Domino1609  Offline
enthusiast

Carbondale PA
They are allowed but I am getting ready to go out of town for a few days, so time is at a premium.

Give me a call if you can do it within a few hrs.

570-561-1746

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: Domino1609] #208676
02/03/09 04:39 PM
02/03/09 04:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is there any timeline as to when more blocks will be available?

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? #208677
02/03/09 06:47 PM
02/03/09 06:47 PM
Carbondale PA
Domino1609 Offline
enthusiast
Domino1609  Offline
enthusiast

Carbondale PA
I honestly wont say a day or date, everytime I repeat what I am told, It gets me in the back. All I can say is we are very close, there have been some very very and I repeat very small issues, nothing more than change the depth of a hole for instance, I recomended the change, the next blocks came and guess what? Not done!
Little frustrating things like that, something that is nothing more than changing one line of code in the program are the things that are burning time and tons of money.

I still think in the end it will be a good platform to build on, there is no doubt that it will certainly be, when looked at as a dollar per HP basis, an excelant value. The XR-2 is not made to replace the R5, it is a variable.
As far as I am concerned the R5 is one of the purest race blocks I have ever been involved with, and the R6 would have been a step forward if the powers that be would have left the bore centers alone, they did add to the ammount of cam bearings as compared to the R5 but with the way the world is today that may just be for nothing, who knows if they will really go to production.
I will have a good look at the Toy--- stuff this week, I really am looking forward to it, I also have a brand new R4 wedge block here if anyone wants a few pictures, but that will be when I get back on Friday...I have an airplane to catch, see you guys later.............and fight nice,,,,,,LOL

Rick

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: Domino1609] #208678
02/03/09 11:26 PM
02/03/09 11:26 PM
Melbourne , Australia
LA360 Offline
master
LA360  Offline
master

Melbourne , Australia
I speak with Rick a fair bit and will be helping him out with organising any orders that are placed with him being sent to Australia.

A project like this is a huge undertaking, both in time and $$$. I don't think that many people realize what problems can occur behind the scenes and quite frankly, I don't think it's suitable for a public forum. There have been delays yes, but Kent and Rick are trying to produce a great product. Once the minor bug are sorted out you'll hear something from Rick and everyone will be happy.

I know the delays have been frustrating, but we're not the ones constantly forking out the $$$ to get these things done.

Hang tight, it will be worth it!

I have pics of the first XR2 block, I will contact Rick to see if it is OK to post them.

I am pretty sure Rick had some R5 Camshafts modified to go into an XR2 and it wasn't an overly costly exercise.
AL...

Alan Jones
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: LA360] #208679
02/04/09 03:15 AM
02/04/09 03:15 AM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

I have pics of the first XR2 block, I will contact Rick to see if it is OK to post them.

I am pretty sure Rick had some R5 Camshafts modified to go into an XR2 and it wasn't an overly costly exercise.
AL...

Awesome! I've been waiting so long. I'd love to see some pics. I can't wait til indy when I can pick mine up..

So I can get my R5 cam modified to work with LA style timing chain? I hope Rick chimes in..

SDG Motorsports
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: DemonDust] #208680
02/04/09 08:03 PM
02/04/09 08:03 PM
Melbourne , Australia
LA360 Offline
master
LA360  Offline
master

Melbourne , Australia

Timing Cover fitted

Front of block

Link to Album with other pics
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/W8_LA360/Liuzzo%20Bros/

I hope that helps
AL...

Quote:

Quote:

AL...

Awesome! I've been waiting so long. I'd love to see some pics. I can't wait til indy when I can pick mine up..

So I can get my R5 cam modified to work with LA style timing chain? I hope Rick chimes in..

Alan Jones
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: DemonDust] #208681
02/05/09 12:56 AM
02/05/09 12:56 AM
Carbondale PA
Domino1609 Offline
enthusiast
Domino1609  Offline
enthusiast

Carbondale PA
Quote:

Quote:

AL...

I really doubt you will be able to do it but yes it certainly can be done,the rockwell number is out of sight on the tool steel cams that are out there, thus they must be ground, we did it and have a few in stock. We will be able to keep up with demand until the new core part number is available, there are a few other options but they would put you in a tool steel core, and they are not cheap but it is an option.

Rick

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: Domino1609] #208682
02/05/09 02:28 PM
02/05/09 02:28 PM
Charleston, SC
S
SCDaytona Offline
mopar
SCDaytona  Offline
mopar
S

Charleston, SC
On Rick's site, there are pictures of an XR-2 build up they are working on. It has not been updated lately as Rick has stated they are working on many things all the time. Once they get this all worked out, you can count on them letting everyone know. There is a large investment of time and money and we all win with this one. Once some drag P7 engines get built and some testing gets done, we will be seeing some real powerhouse engines competitive with the bowtie crowd. Having worked with Rick several times, I can tell you for those that don't know him, he is a standup honest guy. A former comp racer and innovator.

Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: SCDaytona] #208683
02/05/09 05:44 PM
02/05/09 05:44 PM
Melbourne , Australia
LA360 Offline
master
LA360  Offline
master

Melbourne , Australia
Quote:

On Rick's site, there are pictures of an XR-2 build up they are working on. It has not been updated lately as Rick has stated they are working on many things all the time. Once they get this all worked out, you can count on them letting everyone know. There is a large investment of time and money and we all win with this one. Once some drag P7 engines get built and some testing gets done, we will be seeing some real powerhouse engines competitive with the bowtie crowd. Having worked with Rick several times, I can tell you for those that don't know him, he is a standup honest guy. A former comp racer and innovator.

What he said

AL...

Alan Jones
Re: XR-2 Meeting Original Goals/Purpose????? [Re: LA360] #208684
02/06/09 09:00 AM
02/06/09 09:00 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Him and Kent.

Last edited by theclutcher; 02/06/09 09:00 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2