B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Its very simple, Goodyear use our tires or else, And the big wigs of NHRA go along with it, Kind of like the kid in the playground who takes his ball home when he can`t play. What kind of decisions do you expect from the head of an association making over $700gs a year? Its all about the $$$ for him and his cronies.

Remember that this is just the professional classes. All the sportsman classes are exempt and can run any tire they like. My guess is that the professional racers are on board with this as it cuts their costs.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199308
01/22/09 10:39 AM
01/22/09 10:39 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Probably don't have the same equipment as the Safety Safari has right on hand. I would rather crash at an NHRA race than anywhere else.

I have never seen a safety safari at any race I've
raced at. They follow the big events. But the places
I race has a medical team, I can deal with that

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #199309
01/22/09 11:27 AM
01/22/09 11:27 AM
Baltimore,MD
Bill_LBSR Offline
super stock
Bill_LBSR  Offline
super stock

Baltimore,MD
NHRA sanctioning or no NHRA sanctioning the tracks I race at will have the same safety crew......

LBSR
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199310
01/22/09 02:17 PM
01/22/09 02:17 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

Probably don't have the same equipment as the Safety Safari has right on hand. I would rather crash at an NHRA race than anywhere else.

no they probably dont, but i can tell you that its only a phone call away, just like as if you were in an accident on the street.
Just because youre going down an NHRA track does not mean its safety safari at top end.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: plasticfantastic] #199311
01/22/09 02:58 PM
01/22/09 02:58 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
I think you are only going to see the 'NHRA SAFETY SAFARI' at a national event; any other show would be the normal track safety personnel, whomever they may be or with whatever level of safety equipment or training. I have seen that vary from one guy and and an old ambulance on test and tune days, to a full boogie safety deal with the Jaws of Life and other goodies at a divisional points meet.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: Sixpak] #199312
01/22/09 06:27 PM
01/22/09 06:27 PM
New Jersey
G
G&S Perf.Engs. Offline
G&S Perf.Engs.  Offline
G

New Jersey
I generally don't post but I have run national events in the past at NHRA tracks .After the pro classes are done racing did you ever notice the safety safari personal disappear

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199313
01/22/09 09:42 PM
01/22/09 09:42 PM
The Grand State of Confusion-O...
SKR8PN Offline
master
SKR8PN  Offline
master

The Grand State of Confusion-O...
Quote:

Quote:

Its very simple, Goodyear use our tires or else, And the big wigs of NHRA go along with it, Kind of like the kid in the playground who takes his ball home when he can`t play. What kind of decisions do you expect from the head of an association making over $700gs a year? Its all about the $$$ for him and his cronies.

Remember that this is just the professional classes. All the sportsman classes are exempt and can run any tire they like. My guess is that the professional racers are on board with this as it cuts their costs.

Please explain to me how this move could cut theirs costs. GoodYear is now the ONLY game in town for PS tires...which means NO COMPETITION.. which means THEY control the prices. This also means the teams can't cut their own tire deals anymore. How can this ever be a good thing?

You must work for either NHRA or GoodYear or both.

Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: SKR8PN] #199314
01/22/09 10:10 PM
01/22/09 10:10 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please explain to me how this move could cut theirs costs. GoodYear is now the ONLY game in town for PS tires...which means NO COMPETITION.. which means THEY control the prices. This also means the teams can't cut their own tire deals anymore. How can this ever be a good thing?

You must work for either NHRA or GoodYear or both.

Do you know what the price of a Goodyear P/S tire is? Do you know that you cannot switch one type/style for another without a lot of testing and potential chassis/clutch changes? Do you know how much it costs to test these cars? My semi knowledgeable guess is that competition in the P/S tire market would result in MINIMAL price difference. The tire cost for pro stock cars is a minute portion of their budget. My guess is that you don't have any idea what I'm talking about. If this rule results in a hardship it would be the tire company's and not the racer's.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BobR] #199315
01/22/09 10:59 PM
01/22/09 10:59 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Wasn't it Goodyears track side politics that led Max Naylor to Hoosier tires? Seems he felt he was treated as a "second class" citizen by the now official tire of Pro Stock.

BTW Max Naylor qualified #1 at the US Nationals, and the Mid South Nationals on Hoosiers .

Personally I think they need to leave the tire market OPEN to the racers.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: J_BODY] #199316
01/22/09 11:08 PM
01/22/09 11:08 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Old blurb from the Competition Plus web site:

Quote:

Naylor was saying at Indy that the Goodyears were probably still slightly better than the Hoosiers but it didn't matter if you couldn't get the good ones. He didn't talk about a specific contract or agreement but kept stressing how grateful he was to Hoosier for working with him and helping him out.

He mentioned going to the Goodyear trailer to buy tires and seeing all the names written on the stock - none of those names being his. He described the tires available to him as being mis-matched pairs and odd sizes.

"This is my living and I have to use the best tools possible. I can't race with table scrap tires. I hold no malice towards Goodyear but have to do what is necessary to get my program to the highest level I can."

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: J_BODY] #199317
01/23/09 12:19 AM
01/23/09 12:19 AM
IN
Irun5snd8th Offline
master
Irun5snd8th  Offline
master

IN
Quote:

Wasn't it Goodyears track side politics that led Max Naylor to Hoosier tires? Seems he felt he was treated as a "second class" citizen by the now official tire of Pro Stock.

BTW Max Naylor qualified #1 at the US Nationals, and the Mid South Nationals on Hoosiers .

Personally I think they need to leave the tire market OPEN to the racers.

All markets need to be open.

AFCO, Rons Fuel Injection sponsored Dodge Challenger Mention Street Lethal Motorsports
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: Irun5snd8th] #199318
01/23/09 03:45 PM
01/23/09 03:45 PM
THUNDER VALLEY, TENNESSEE
B
BERTS DART Offline
BERTS DART  Offline
B

THUNDER VALLEY, TENNESSEE
Now NHRA says the fuel cars can't run in an IHRA race without a loss of points!! They already tell them where to but the fuel, now where to run! What next?

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: BERTS DART] #199319
01/23/09 06:27 PM
01/23/09 06:27 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Now NHRA says the fuel cars can't run in an IHRA race without a loss of points!! They already tell them where to but the fuel, now where to run! What next?

There really aren't any top NHRA cars that run IHRA except maybe Millican. Bruce Litton may come out a couple times a year, but he is not a viable points earner anyway. That part is just a tempest in a teacup.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: slantzilla] #199320
01/23/09 06:38 PM
01/23/09 06:38 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
There really aren't any top NHRA cars that run IHRA except maybe Millican. Bruce Litton may come out a couple times a year, but he is not a viable points earner anyway. That part is just a tempest in a teacup.

Even if they did or didnt run IHRA, do you think its
right for them to say they cant?

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #199321
01/23/09 07:57 PM
01/23/09 07:57 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

or even earn money match racing.

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: plasticfantastic] #199322
01/23/09 10:06 PM
01/23/09 10:06 PM
Central Ohio, USA
Bigbeep Offline
super stock
Bigbeep  Offline
super stock

Central Ohio, USA
I am begining to think NHRA may be getting a little too big for their britches. Thats unamerican!

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: plasticfantastic] #199323
01/23/09 10:09 PM
01/23/09 10:09 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I am a man and partakeing in danger feels great! This is why we drag race, wrestle aligators, rock climb, sky-dive, bungee jump, hunt, ride motorcycles, drive vipers pedal to the metal on a lonely road, water skiing, blow things up, snow boarding, sleding, ride in barrels over water falls, play Ice hockey, look over the edge of a volcano, become cops, fly stunt planes, smash mail boxes, wrestle other dudes, box, fight fires, start fires, throw spray paint cans in the fires, break land speed records, join the army and go to war, break the speed limit, snow sking, ride roller coasters, play foot-ball, build sky-scrapers, walk tight ropes from one sky scraper to another, chase women, dive in a swimming hole in a unknown river...

I am a man and enjoy danger don't make safety rules about every thing under the sun, it takes all the fun out of it! If raceing was %100 safe who would want to do it? That is why I get tired of the NHRA and why outlaw tracks are more fun. If I want to put a blown nitrous injected 500 inch hemi in a lebaron convertible why not? Give me a waiver to sighn I will have a huge on my face when I am done

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Anyone else following the NHRA / M/T debacle? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #199324
01/24/09 01:58 AM
01/24/09 01:58 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Raf, I have already stated that I don't think it's good, and is pretty much unenforceable to the big money teams. The not being able to race IHRA is relatively meaningless.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4