I replaced these things less than a year ago ...all of them.

The other morning, turned the wipers on, and ... no wipers.

So, today, did it again, and after the obligatory blood loss, got things working again. The center (motor) bushing had sort of disintegrated, still more or less there, but sort of dissolved.

Any way, there was a big lot of leaves,twigs, dirt piled in the center area of the cowl, so I got the hose to rinse it down.

That is when I found the drains to be clogged, not just a little, but way more than would rinse out, thru those little slots that serve as drains.

By the time I realized that it wasn't draining out, water was running into the interior thru the fresh air vents, and the carpet was soaked.

I took the biggest pry bar big screwdriver looking thing with a bent/flat end and pried those damn slots open to about 1 1/2" and poked and prodded with fingers, the pry bar, whatever and got the accumulated culch out of there.

There were even a couple small stones in there!

Now I know why there were always a bunch of leaves blowing into the cab thru the heater and the floor vents ...

AND, the big thing I learned, after cussing and prying on the wiper arms to get them free of the transmission, (the PO had already had the same fight, by the looks of the paint) is that Jeep Cherokee XJ arms have the same spline, are only 1" shorter, same length blades, and have the more modern pin style blade pivot, AND,

Have a tab to make the removal PAINLESS AND SCRATCH FREE! Just lift the blade up, move the tab out to hold the locking tab in place, wiggle a little, and VIOLA, they are off like last weeks underwear!

Next trip to my favorite parts emporium (budget u pull) and I won't have to steal the ones from my Wagoneer.

NO unwanted paint removal!

Gotta go, I need pain meds ...

003.jpg
Last edited by VL21; 04/12/15 09:31 PM.

It takes gasoline to interest me.