12/26/08 10:19 AM
12/26/08 10:19 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am sure that I have forgotten a few things. But since I am the "keyboard cowboy" of the group. I will do my best to maintain this thread, and get everything in order, to present at a mtg TBA. at a later date.

Everyone has great ideas, and opinions so lets keep it clean & fun, as this thread may, & will probably be presented to track owners at some point in time in early 2009.

Fire AWAY Boys.
If you plan on RACING or just ATTENDING PLEASE vote. Spectators fill the stands.

ps..A free T-Shirt & Raffle ticket(hemi) to whomever figures out the CARLAN-SORGE name.

(The name is obviously subject & open to change).

I just thought it was kinda Catchy

CARLAN-SORGE NSS/NPS RACE or SERIES

Should we have 1 BIG event or more
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 12/26/08 09:17 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Classes / Cars allowed
single choice
Allow Brand X
single choice
Rules
single choice
Months best for you
multiple choice
Tree or SEXY Flag girl.
single choice
Last edited by Kev_73_Missile; 12/26/08 07:11 PM.
Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175240
12/26/08 10:44 AM
12/26/08 10:44 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
This is a good poll, and will give us an idea.

But, remember, everything must be run through Beaver Bob.....he will want a good gate, and he KNOWS what works and what does not.

Let's all get together in January sometime. I am sure we can work this out and make it happen.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: Steve1118] #175241
12/26/08 10:55 AM
12/26/08 10:55 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

But, remember, everything must be run through Beaver Bob.....he will want a good gate, and he KNOWS what works and what does not.

Let's all get together in January sometime. I am sure we can work this out and make it happen.

AGREED. That's why there is no mention of any specific track or locations.

WIDE OPEN for discussion

There is a HUGE Mopar event in Fla on Jan 24th.
Pappas & Stewart are going for sure, or there is the Greensboro N.C Mopar Show on Jan 28-29th.
(Do you see a pattern of warmer climates forming here.)

Couple swap meets in Columbus in Feb. (brrrrr)But I think waitng till Feb. is kinda pushing it.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175242
12/26/08 11:16 AM
12/26/08 11:16 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
BG and I will set it up with Beaver Bob. We may pick a spot in the middle, meet with him over dinner, and get this hammered out. I'll speak to him next week, find out when he's free, start working on setting up a date.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: Steve1118] #175243
12/26/08 11:52 AM
12/26/08 11:52 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

BG and I will set it up with Beaver Bob. We may pick a spot in the middle, meet with him over dinner, and get this hammered out. I'll speak to him next week, find out when he's free, start working on setting up a date.

The committee better get their act together for the meeting.I assume it's going to be Missle Kevin,"The Yankee Fish Peddler",Kevin&Joe Davis,and Steve Reasbeck maybe even BinLaudin

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: B G Racing] #175244
12/26/08 12:44 PM
12/26/08 12:44 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

BG and I will set it up

The committee better get their act together for the meeting.I assume it's going to be Missle Kevin,"The Yankee Fish Peddler",Kevin&Joe Davis,and Steve Reasbeck

I think we should make sure Fred is in on it.He is a silly man. But still has an awful lots of good input. Also I will contact Joe Pappas. He would be a GREAT asset to helping form the rules ect.

According to the votes so far,....We are making our own rules.

I personally would have VERY little input. But that being said I will volunteer to be the VP of PROMOTIONS on the committee.

<<<<<----- Phone in one hand, keyboard in the other.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175245
12/26/08 01:07 PM
12/26/08 01:07 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

This s going to be a great event(s)...I believe a gang of cars will show up..We need to be sure to advertise it well though...poppaj

4902516-coronet007.jpg (67 downloads)
Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175246
12/26/08 01:31 PM
12/26/08 01:31 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

This s going to be a great event(s)...I believe a gang of cars will show up..We need to be sure to advertise it well though...poppaj [/quote PoppaJ how about you take Osamba Bin Laudins place on the committee?As for Fred,there's no place for the mob in "OUR THING"

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: B G Racing] #175247
12/26/08 01:45 PM
12/26/08 01:45 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
I spoke to Beaver a short time ago....he is kind of hyped.

He said that anytime in January is good for him....with the exception of the last week (he's going to be out of town). Dinner and a rule "committee" meeting.

So, we ought to figure out where everyone is at....maybe look at a central location?

Let's start thinking about it. Do you guys want me to contact Dink Bishop at 422 and tell him what is going on? So they don't think we just showed up and ganged up on them poor Ford guys?

Last edited by Steve1118; 12/26/08 02:02 PM.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: Steve1118] #175248
12/26/08 02:59 PM
12/26/08 02:59 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I spoke to Beaver a short time ago....he is kind of hyped.

Let's start thinking about it. Do you guys want me to contact Dink Bishop at 422 and tell him what is going on? So they don't think we just showed up and ganged up on them poor Ford guys?

I think this idea was "born" here on Moparts. The majority of the ideas, & footwork will be done on here as well.

While I agree that I don't want any Brand X people to feel "ganged up on". I personally
think the first mtg should be just MOPARTS members. We can decide from there how to proceed.

I am sure that as long as we stick to a FAIR set of guidelines & rules. I will bet by the time we are done, that the NMCA rules will just be "tweaked" a bit to allow MORE cars, and MORE fun.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175249
12/26/08 03:09 PM
12/26/08 03:09 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I spoke to a different Beaver,Fred was the topic of coversation.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: B G Racing] #175250
12/26/08 03:12 PM
12/26/08 03:12 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

BG, Would be glad to come over and help...Let me know when and where...Poppaj

4902718-coronet007.jpg (99 downloads)
Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175251
12/26/08 03:22 PM
12/26/08 03:22 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Steve,sign up Poppa J,He looks like he would make a good "Sargent At Arms" for the committee. He can thump the "Yankee Fish Peddler"

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll #175252
12/26/08 04:23 PM
12/26/08 04:23 PM
NC
440Jim Offline
I Live Here
440Jim  Offline
I Live Here

NC
Quote:

I will bet by the time we are done, that the NMCA rules will just be "tweaked" a bit to allow MORE cars, and MORE fun.

Have one class with the more pure Nostalgia rules (as those racers see fit), and a second class with more open rules, but Nostalgia looking from the stands (year, model, hood scoop, etc). This second class should allow a lot of entries, i.e. car count.

I assume they will be index classes, maybe 0.50 seconds between classes. Run all the same class against each other until pairs are gone (heads up), then mix them on the bracket sportsman 0.500" tree in later rounds. Perhaps pre-announce all indexes mix after 3rd round or something.

Now, where did I put that hemi scoop for my car...

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: B G Racing] #175253
12/26/08 04:46 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: B G Racing] #175254

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Steve,sign up Poppa J,He looks like he would make a good "Sargent At Arms" for the committee. He can thump the "Yankee Fish Peddler"

I just spoke with Mr.Joe Pappas.

He is gonna call me back this evening, but said he would be VERY open to the idea, of "sitting in" on or being on our committee. or helping us form the rules to be as 70's like as possible. If not even for the NSS class, I feel his input would be awesome for the NPS class.

Nuthin better than one of the "cheaters" from the 70's .

This is making me wanna go put a dragstrip in the middle of a cornfield

If you build it.....THEY will come

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175255
12/26/08 04:54 PM
12/26/08 04:54 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I will do my best to maintain this thread, and get everything in order, to present at a mtg TBA.

Everyone has great ideas, and opinions.

As promised here is the first 8 hr update.

79% want to have some sort of NPS Class

81% want to allow Brand X to join

95% want 2 or more events in 2009

June & August are the most popular months so far.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175256
12/26/08 05:31 PM
12/26/08 05:31 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

These rules are for an all Mopar event unless discussions from the backers decide otherwise.( other events could include all makes)
70 74 ( 68 darts and Cudas are being strongly considered )
Hemi block 4500's tunnel cast intake prefered for correct look. I realize this means all Hemi cars for the Curt George event but we need to start somewhere
any trans trans brakes permitted
body, hood etc. wheels period correct
no tube chassis small block mini P/S
any motor weight cubic inch
8.50 no breakout ALLOWED

Your talking about the "MATCHRACE" rules.???

The NPS rules are gonna have to be discussed & voted on I would think.

But I agree 100%,.. Hemi Fred should be the master mind behind the matchrace rules.

I can't believe I just used HemiFred & the words "Master Mind" in the same sentence.

Who woulda thunk....it has happened

4902935-4849304-hell.jpg (56 downloads)
Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** #175257
12/26/08 06:31 PM
12/26/08 06:31 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

These rules are for an all Mopar event unless discussions from the backers decide otherwise.( other events could include all makes)
70 74 ( 68 darts and Cudas are being strongly considered )
Hemi block 4500's tunnel cast intake prefered for correct look. I realize this means all Hemi cars for the Curt George event but we need to start somewhere
any trans trans brakes permitted
body, hood etc. wheels period correct
no tube chassis small block mini P/S
any motor weight cubic inch
8.50 no breakout ALLOWED

Your talking about the "MATCHRACE" rules.???

The NPS rules are gonna have to be discussed & voted on I would think.

But I agree 100%,.. Hemi Fred should be the master mind behind the matchrace rules.

I can't believe I just used HemiFred & the words "Master Mind" in the same sentence.

Who woulda thunk....it has happened

What's wrong with that? I use HemiFred and Masterbate in the same sentence all the time.Well something similar,he plays well with himself.

Re: 2009 CARLAN-SORGE. ***NSS / NPS Discussion & Poll*** [Re: Steve1118] #175258
12/26/08 07:08 PM
12/26/08 07:08 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

422 Motorsports rules are directly from the NMCA. For those not familiar the NMCA is the sanctioning body that basically started Nostalgia Super Stock racing in the late '80s.

There currently are several organizations which write and endorse rules for the class of cars generally known as Nostalgia Super Stock.

Some of them are The Nostalgia Super Stock National Association, National Muscle Car Association, Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc, Texas Outsiders, the East Coast Nostalgia Super Stock Association, 422 Motorsports and so forth.

These groups have a variety of perspectives and purposes and therefore have differences among them.

As best we can research, the oldest of these is a private club named Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc., which can document its official origin to 1989 when it was then named the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

Prior to that, there were several individuals in Missouri running NSS-style cars informally, as early as 1985. These racers are the ones who organized the Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association.

In the mid 1990’s, several internal disagreements led to a split of the club with one group using the original Midwest Nostalgia Super Stock Association name and the other changing to Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.

The Midwest group has disbanded, leaving NSS Inc. the survivor.

NSS Inc. is still a private club which primarily does CLOSED events in the Midwest, mostly match-racing and exhibition programs. It also has jurisdiction in the Goodguys series. Accordingly, over the years it has evolved a set of subjective rules for its own purposes.

In contrast, NMCA created a season-long points series based on OPEN competition over a wide geographical area and accordingly has evolved a set of more objective rules for its purposes.

The Texas Outsiders is also a private club but has adopted NMCA rules for its events.

There might be some confusion from the history because from approximately 1989 to 1994, NSS Inc. (then Midwest) did exhibition programs at NMCA events.

Currently, some individual track owners and promoters also run NSS events based on their own subjective interpretations of what NSS racing is and should be.

Knowing the difference between closed exclusive and open inclusive formats is essential to understanding the current state of NSS racing and its rules.

Earlier this year, a committee of individual racers from NSS Inc., The Texas Outsiders and NMCA formed the Nostalgia Super Stock National Association in response to complaints about arbitrary rule-making and the need of the National Hot Rod Association for consistent management of NSS racing at its events.

Because of the nature of open competition at a national level, the NSSNA primarily adopted NMCA rules, with some revisions for clarification and for consistency with current practice in open events. These are the rules which are posted on the Evansville Chrysler and NSS-Monster websites.

As stated in the NSSNA charter, its rules are intended to be the standard for open competition, defined as an event at which anyone can pay an entry fee and become eligible for inspection. The NSSNA currently has jurisdiction at NHRA’s Hot Rod Reunion and the Dave Duell Classic NSS Nationals.

Individual racers and private clubs and others are free to make their own choices and that will always be a fundamental principle. However, the NSSNA believes that consistency in the rules is also a long-term benefit for the sport and encourages all participants to consider this aspect.

The traditional way to manage this difference in formats has been to change equipment and/or to have a vehicle for each format. While this solution requires additional financial and labor costs, perhaps that is still the best method in order to preserve both individual choice and integrity in the sport.

Rule-making is a difficult process that requires a balance between allowing for dynamic changes and also providing a stable format. Therefore, the NSSNA is constantly communicating with participants and reviewing the suitability of the rules consistent with actual and desired practice.

I hope this explanation helps clarify the current situation. We always welcome additional historical information.

Bob Wilkiewicz

Nostalgia Super Stocks Inc.
Nostalgia Super Stock National Association

Sounds like another governmental agency in the making.Ruled and regulated to death by DEP,EPA.OSHA,IMSHAW,NTB,PUC,NTC and IRS.and on and on.Let's just get a group together set some grund rules,see if we can get this thing started nand if it's successful build on it.Why try and pattern it after other closed organizations that may or may not be successful?

I "borrowed" this from the Beaver Springs thread.
I am getting dizzy bouncing back-n-forth on these 2 threads.

Steve mentioned once that he didn't want us to get "ahead" of ourselves, and I agree. We have NOT made definite plans with Beaver Bob, or with any track as of yet.

But I agree 100% with BG. This is a lets have some fun in 2009. Not an event, or series that we need rules to regulate us until the year 2019. We need enough guidelines to present to track owners / promoters.

The simplest plan... is our best friend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3