florida dade
C
cesar perez Offline OP
mopar
cesar perez  Offline OP
mopar
C

florida dade
to the caltrac gurus what is the best caltrac setup ? with sliders-floaters-stock caltrac setup-or with monoleaf with 4 link setup ?

Re: caltrac [Re: cesar perez] #1714446
12/23/14 01:57 AM
12/23/14 01:57 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
I like sliders, mono leaf and regular caltracs. I also like real good shocks to control them, like a DA afco or Santhuff.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: caltrac [Re: cesar perez] #1714447
12/23/14 02:54 AM
12/23/14 02:54 AM
Ohio
L
lockjaw-express Offline
mopar
lockjaw-express  Offline
mopar
L

Ohio
I installed the Calvert sliders today to my SS Leafs and Caltracs, and the sliders cured my binding issues, and the car sits level now...I am still thinking about the Calvert single wheelie bar.

My car is a '69 GTX that I will race this spring, and am going over the rule issues now.

Re: caltrac [Re: lockjaw-express] #1714448
12/23/14 03:06 AM
12/23/14 03:06 AM
Janesville, WI
SpareParts Offline
pro stock
SpareParts  Offline
pro stock

Janesville, WI
I can't think of any rules where caltracs are a problem. You'll have more problems with the SS springs and caltracs

Re: caltrac [Re: SpareParts] #1714449
12/23/14 03:14 AM
12/23/14 03:14 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Someone mentioned that using the longer ft. segment(25")may not fit into the "Stock Location" rules but just what I read.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: caltrac [Re: Thumperdart] #1714450
12/23/14 03:39 AM
12/23/14 03:39 AM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Quote:

Someone mentioned that using the longer ft. segment(25")may not fit into the "Stock Location" rules but just what I read.

Stock suspension racing is dead, they let ladder bars in with no weight pentaly. The only class you can't run a ladder bar is the leaf spring class. They add so many suspension mounting holes to a mustang I would love to see them measured as I know a few that are longer.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: caltrac [Re: SpareParts] #1714451
12/23/14 06:34 AM
12/23/14 06:34 AM
Ohio
L
lockjaw-express Offline
mopar
lockjaw-express  Offline
mopar
L

Ohio
Yes, I talked to John Calvert, and the Mono-leaf would work better, but I will try the SS springs since I do drive the car on the street once in a while.

The rules/inspections are a number issues with Hose clamps, grade 8 bolts and large washers for the battery box, fuel cell, and etc...

Re: caltrac [Re: lockjaw-express] #1714452
12/23/14 12:57 PM
12/23/14 12:57 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Quote:

Yes, I talked to John Calvert, and the Mono-leaf would work better, but I will try the SS springs since I do drive the car on the street once in a while.

The rules/inspections are a number issues with Hose clamps, grade 8 bolts and large washers for the battery box, fuel cell, and etc...

I am using SS springs myself with CT this yr for the 1st time.Good luck!

GOTBOOST!New improved with Victor heads.
http://www.enginelabs.com/mopar-big-bloc...t-of-necessity/
Re: caltrac [Re: lockjaw-express] #1714453
12/23/14 01:18 PM
12/23/14 01:18 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

It`s 2014 people why would we even consider the multi-leaf crap is beyond me but it`s your deal. Caltracs at a minimum w/sliders will go a LONG way when tuned in for your car and I don`t know about you guys but I`m about progress NOT regress..............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: caltrac [Re: Thumperdart] #1714454
12/23/14 01:36 PM
12/23/14 01:36 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Quote:

Quote:

It`s 2014 people why would we even consider the multi-leaf crap is beyond me but it`s your deal. Caltracs at a minimum w/sliders will go a LONG way when tuned in for your car and I don`t know about you guys but I`m about progress NOT regress..............

If people would be focused on helping people instead of trying to sell them a new car it would be more helpfull.

Re: caltrac [Re: Clanton] #1714455
12/23/14 01:51 PM
12/23/14 01:51 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If people would be focused on helping people instead of trying to sell them a new car it would be more helpfull.

You`re kidding right? Sez the guy w/a blown car on crap springs goin WAY slower than he should........... Too funny.

Just being blunt here and I try to help the best I can WHEN I can but you`ve been fighting your car for years and now to want to remove the blower and start over. You car`s performance has been a bit soft you must admit so not picking on ya just stating the obvious and ONE(1)weak link in a car can be the difference in it`s overall performance...............

Last edited by Thumperdart; 12/23/14 02:27 PM.

Re: caltrac [Re: Clanton] #1714456
12/23/14 02:03 PM
12/23/14 02:03 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

People have to learn what the spring does.. what the
front and rear of it does.. the front holds the axle
in location PLUS gives the lift(pushing down on the
axle)... the rear is the spring rate... in racing
we just want the rear to hold the body up.. we dont
want 14 leafs in the rear... if the rear has multi
leafs and is clamped as the body lifts at the hit
the pinion is rolling up giving the lift in the front
BUT it will also pull the back down.. so you have 2
forces fighting each other.. a single leaf in the rear
of the proper rate wont fight as much

Re: caltrac [Re: Thumperdart] #1714457
12/23/14 02:31 PM
12/23/14 02:31 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You`re kidding right? Sez the guy w/a blown car on crap springs goin WAY slower than he should........... Too funny.

I do what I can and that is my point about the OP.We can not get there all at once.

Re: caltrac [Re: lockjaw-express] #1714458
12/23/14 02:43 PM
12/23/14 02:43 PM
Puyallup, WA
S
StealthWedge67 Offline
master
StealthWedge67  Offline
master
S

Puyallup, WA
Quote:

I've been running my split mono's with C-T Bars on the street for a few years now. No issues, don't know why there would be any; in fact, they work great because you can back the preload out of the bars and have a nice soft ride. The bars rely on the controlled flex of the split mono's, and transfer that flex into effective motion. I don't see where adding C-T bars to SS springs (which are just plain stiff) will have any effect. (??)

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120
Re: caltrac [Re: cesar perez] #1714459
12/23/14 02:44 PM
12/23/14 02:44 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
The sliders are nice.. just keep them clean.. what
MOST people forget is the rubber bushings on old cars
are hard and tend to bind up.. if you run shackles
the old bushings can cause issues.. they can bind
then snap free.. chassis's dont like to be upset..
thats part of the reasons that people really like
the sliders.. they put a new item on the car that
isnt binding... plus the sliders lower the back of
the car and in most cases that helps on traction
(gets the CG down a little more so its easier to get
the front over the CG point)... but if people would
just lube the rubber points now and then it would help

Re: caltrac [Re: StealthWedge67] #1714460
12/23/14 03:01 PM
12/23/14 03:01 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Quote:

Quote:

I've been running my split mono's with C-T Bars on the street for a few years now. No issues, don't know why there would be any; in fact, they work great because you can back the preload out of the bars and have a nice soft ride. The bars rely on the controlled flex of the split mono's, and transfer that flex into effective motion. I don't see where adding C-T bars to SS springs (which are just plain stiff) will have any effect. (??)

I can bend my ss like a twizzler[20* pinion up untell the u jount binds],what would a mono do?By the way Calvert told me if I liked my ride height/spring rate I did not need to go to a mono.

Re: caltrac [Re: Clanton] #1714461
12/23/14 03:06 PM
12/23/14 03:06 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can bend my ss like a twizzler[20* pinion up untell the u jount binds],what would a mono do?By the way Calvert told me if I liked my ride height/spring rate I did not need to go to a mono.

Fightin this all the way.............. Just look at the c-trac design and your q`s will be answered.

Re: caltrac [Re: Thumperdart] #1714462
12/23/14 03:11 PM
12/23/14 03:11 PM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fightin this all the way.............. Just look at the c-trac design and your q`s will be answered.

I was speaking in relation to spring rate that the ss is more in the front segment]I agree to how the C-T work.

Re: caltrac [Re: Clanton] #1714463
12/23/14 03:14 PM
12/23/14 03:14 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like your SS springs are shot...and yes you
wouldnt need to change the rear segments if your
spring RATE and height are good... they make mono
fronts all sorts of thickness BUT I'm sure he told
you with the CT bars it would work.. the bars act as
a bridge network to stiffen the spring... I assume
you know what a bridge network is).. but basically
its like a ladder bar but that comes to a single point
so it doesnt have anything sliding

Re: caltrac [Re: Clanton] #1714464
12/23/14 03:35 PM
12/23/14 03:35 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
The c-track has a big bolt/sleeve that presses down on the ft. segment so wrap up is non existent where the multi`s don`t and even w/the c-trac bars you`re still dealing w/a mix matched set up............just ask the guys at Calvert...........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3