08/17/14 04:07 AM
Gateway to the West.
hemi_harvester Offline OP
master
hemi_harvester  Offline OP
master

Gateway to the West.
I'm very interested in the 'Vintage" type of Road Racing
My plans would be a mild 68 Barracuda, However when I look on Google, you Tube etc, for info , rules etc it is all very confusing.
I live near St.Louis and would be willing to travel some to watch, learn what ever it takes to get started.
Any links, idea, or help would be great.

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama & people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #1660062
08/17/14 04:42 AM
08/17/14 04:42 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

My plans would be a mild 68 Barracuda, However when I look on Google, you Tube etc, for info , rules etc it is all very confusing.
I live near St.Louis and would be willing to travel some to watch, learn what ever it takes to get started.
Any links, idea, or help would be great.

You mean door to door racing?

And NOT HPDE's. HPDE is a High Performance Driving Event that is usually a track rental day with regulated with limited passing sections and run groups with similar experience drivers.

Look at what Vintage groups run at the closest tracks near you. And look at what groups allow non originally raced and documented cars. Usually they have to follow rules for a particular year between 66-72.

Before you do anything go to an vintage event and mingle with everyone in the pits.

SVRA and HVRA are groups like that. Start there and find something near you.

IMHO if you are going the door to door racing direction, a "mild 68 Barracuda" isn't going to fit/cut-it. Those need cages, race seats, safety gear. That is what the Team Starfish 66 Barracuda is: http://www.teamstarfish.com/the_car.html

Tim Herren's 70 Cuda AAR clone is like that too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m00FzO3lBQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvnS_kh4YWU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXtFmHCYDLU
http://alltimeracing.com/the-gallery/?album=1&gallery=13

Last edited by autoxcuda; 08/17/14 08:11 PM.
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: autoxcuda] #1660063
08/17/14 06:17 PM
08/17/14 06:17 PM
Gateway to the West.
hemi_harvester Offline OP
master
hemi_harvester  Offline OP
master

Gateway to the West.
I like the Starfish car I watched some you-tube on it, that's what I would like to work towards..

Thanks for the help.

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama & people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #1660064
08/18/14 12:45 PM
08/18/14 12:45 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
Hemi Harvester -- As Autoxcuda said, get to some events and mingle, read the rule books, etc..also... there;'s some good vintage magazines on the market.

Up in the Chicago area, you may want to hook up with Brian Garcia (aka "roadracecuda" here on Moparts)... he runs his 67 BCuda fastback Gurney-ized car in "Vintage Historic" GT-1/TransAm class through the Midwest Council of Sports Car Clubs... www.mcscc.org He will probably run the wknd of Oct 4/5, 2014, at the Joliet Autobahn... see my current post offering a Mopar get-together there for HSAX and W2W racing. Plan to come if you can!

8244134-DSC08405.jpg (139 downloads)
Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 08/18/14 01:07 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #1660065
08/18/14 12:58 PM
08/18/14 12:58 PM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
I agree with others that you need to very clearly define what constitutes the racing you want to do before proceeding. The wide variability of different groups is no doubt why you see a large range of rules that seem confusing. Once you get to the track, look around at the cars in use, and see what the rule overview is, then you can make more informed decisions about what direction you want to proceed in.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: TC@HP2] #1660066
08/18/14 02:48 PM
08/18/14 02:48 PM
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Dan@Hotchkis Offline
super stock
Dan@Hotchkis  Offline
super stock

Santa Fe Springs, CA
One obstacle we've hit in a lot of "Vintage" racing series is that the car has to have a legitimate racing pedigree. While our cars look the part, they are usually asked to run in exhibition or unlimited classes. For true "Vintage" racing, that is done by the collectors who like to use their cars for what they were built for. You could always become good buddies with the Petty's or Knupp's and they can miraculously "find" you one of their old cars.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: Dan@Hotchkis] #1660067
08/18/14 11:11 PM
08/18/14 11:11 PM
Phila. Pa.
Mattax Offline
top fuel
Mattax  Offline
top fuel

Phila. Pa.
Dan, Maybe that was your experience or impression, but lots of options for vehicles without a racing past. Yes there are a few organizations specifically for vintage race cars. For anyone starting from scratch, key is to develop within the rules targetted and you'll be fine.

For example, see Dave's post in this thread about
building a 1966 Trans/Am car where he updates the info I had posted.
Dave's Zebra Dart does not have a racing history.
Ritz's Team Starfish does not have a racing history.
Ott/Hagstrom 'cuda does not have a road racing history AFAIK.
The Benson's Dart and Barracuda do not have a racing history. They do run in an SCCA Open Class mostly because they prefer running radial tires. Remember you got to be having fun, or why do it.

There are other forms of high speed competition as well. Beckman runs vintage (european) rallies with his Ralleycuda (it does not have a racing history). These are sanctioned by FIA. Jess Neal's 'cuda has most fame for taking the vintage class 1st place at Pike's Peak the year Hot Rod magazine went along for the ride. Hill climbs are often sanctioned by smaller clubs in combination with bigger organizations. So the rules and classes at say Pikes Pike are different than say at Durayea or Giant's Dispair.

In addition to what Mitch and Steve wrote about going to events and clubs, look for websites and pages rather than vids. This is where you're more likely to find specifics about clubs, rules and people to contact.

If at the end it all looks too pricey, good places to begine are to find or start a 24 hours of Lemons team on one hand, or go autocrossing for a while with an old mopar. Several people have done both as ways of developing their cars, their driving, and their wheel to wheel skills.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #1660068
08/18/14 11:35 PM
08/18/14 11:35 PM
Phila. Pa.
Mattax Offline
top fuel
Mattax  Offline
top fuel

Phila. Pa.
Quote:

I think it has always been a little confusing Maybe one of many reasons sports car racing has not held a long term US audience. When these cars were newish, SCCA 'club' racers could run A-Sedan (or a slower class with the /6). The best known series we talk about is SCCA's Trans-am, a professional series with a manufacturer's competition. But the trans-am cars and rules of 1966 were very different than 1970. If you compare the pictures of the Chrysler France Racing team, you can see they ran most cars under FIA rules as 'stock'. In some ways they had less race prep allowances than SCCA A-sedans.

The mid generation Barracudas had the misfortune of no manufacturer supported wheel to wheel racing. Harvey's 1967/8 Barracuda was only supported for road ralley. He won (with Beckman as navigator) in the well publicized 1968 cross Canada ralley, but that didn't seem to win the corporate backing for a bigger ralley or racing effort.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: Mattax] #1660069
08/19/14 12:38 AM
08/19/14 12:38 AM
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Dan@Hotchkis Offline
super stock
Dan@Hotchkis  Offline
super stock

Santa Fe Springs, CA
Events I was specifically referring to were true "Vintage" events, not just a class called Vintage for old cars.
-Coronado Speed Festival
-Pikes Peak
-Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: Dan@Hotchkis] #1660070
08/19/14 01:47 PM
08/19/14 01:47 PM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Coronado and Monterey are true vintage events, but Pikes Peak is written as a Vintage class for old cars in their general competition rules. However, they are also underwritten by Rocky Mtn Vintage Racing, which has very specific breakdowns of classifications for Vintage Historic (cars with documented racing history) and Continuation Car (period correct, new builds of cars represented in historic classes) and all cars are expected to be built to the General Competition Regulations rules for the time period they are representative of.

Jess Neal's Cuda ran in display classes when running at RMVR events due to his rack and pinion steering that was outside the intent of the RMVR GCR requirements, but ran in the regular Vintage class on The Peak.

IMO, the Vintage class on The Peak is in danger of disappearing under the weight of factory sponsored cars of the Time Attack class. The Hillclimb Committee has instituted a requirement of a minimum of six cars in the class for it to be considered for race day next year. This year there were only 4 vintage cars registered, so it is entirely possible that if next year is a repeat, the Vintage class will be gone and the few competitors that show up will run in Exhibition.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: Dan@Hotchkis] #1660071
08/19/14 01:53 PM
08/19/14 01:53 PM
Phila. Pa.
Mattax Offline
top fuel
Mattax  Offline
top fuel

Phila. Pa.
I'm sure it is unintended, but that comes across as very condescending toward SVRA, HRG and all those that compete under their sanctions. It also doesn't make sense. As Tony just explained, Pike's Peak is not a vintage event. They have had, on and off, a vintage class. I think Mapes and Ritz are great examples that apply directly to the goal HemiHarvester has stated.

edit:added ref to Tony's post for clarity

Last edited by Mattax; 08/19/14 02:00 PM.
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: TC@HP2] #1660072
08/19/14 04:58 PM
08/19/14 04:58 PM
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Dan@Hotchkis Offline
super stock
Dan@Hotchkis  Offline
super stock

Santa Fe Springs, CA
Quote:

Coronado and Monterey are true vintage events, but Pikes Peak is written as a Vintage class for old cars in their general competition rules. However, they are also underwritten by Rocky Mtn Vintage Racing, which has very specific breakdowns of classifications for Vintage Historic (cars with documented racing history) and Continuation Car (period correct, new builds of cars represented in historic classes) and all cars are expected to be built to the General Competition Regulations rules for the time period they are representative of.

Jess Neal's Cuda ran in display classes when running at RMVR events due to his rack and pinion steering that was outside the intent of the RMVR GCR requirements, but ran in the regular Vintage class on The Peak.

IMO, the Vintage class on The Peak is in danger of disappearing under the weight of factory sponsored cars of the Time Attack class. The Hillclimb Committee has instituted a requirement of a minimum of six cars in the class for it to be considered for race day next year. This year there were only 4 vintage cars registered, so it is entirely possible that if next year is a repeat, the Vintage class will be gone and the few competitors that show up will run in Exhibition.

Exactly. I had tried to run Pikes Peak for 2 years (2012&2013) and had a few exchanges with the board and they would only let us run in Exhibition or Unlimited. I understand completely. They want as-raced vintage racecars. We are working with Jess to get his car dialed in for the 2015 run.

I dunno if your post was directed to me Matt, but I'm not trying to be condescending to any event, just making sure the poster is aware of where his car may or may not be welcome.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: Dan@Hotchkis] #1660073
08/21/14 01:23 PM
08/21/14 01:23 PM
St. Charles, IL
roadracecuda Offline
roadracecuda  Offline

St. Charles, IL
I have raced various cars with numerous Vintage organzations at a national level and every organization has their own idiosycracies. However, I can say with certainty that exclusivity for cars with documented racing history is with a few exceptions a thing of the past. Pikes Peak changed their vintage policies two years ago which is a damn shame becuase after the success that Jess Neal had with his 71 Cuda there was a contingent of us that were planning an assault on Pikes Peak in 2016 for the 100th anniversary. Larger events may require you to request an invitation, but they rarely will flat out refuse a car if it hasn't raced for 30 years. It is always a plus if it has, but not a requirement. What is more important is that it is built to the spirit of the rules at the time. If you show up running rack and pinion, an aluminum block, six piston calipers etc. that's not going to fly. But if your car is clean and well prepped, the overwhelming majority of organizations need the entries and have backed off their older policies of requiring documented history. The financial downturn, the increased competition from other sanctioning bodies, and quite frankly the 'Barret Jackson Affect' of skyrocketing car values have all been factors in the gentrification of vintage fields. I mention the latter because I can tell you for a fact that the majority of cobras and GT40s running vintage events are continuations because a lot of guys just won't risk a seven figure car on the track anymore. This is not at all limited to the Ford camp. Organizations had to choose betweeen allowing clones or watch their grids shrink. I am speaking from both a racer and organization stanpoint as I have done both.

Back to the issue at hand - yes, please! Build another Barracuda vintage racer so I have someone else to play with. With the exception of a couple times when one of the orginal Trans Am cars has been at Road America, I am pretty much the only mopar at any midwest vintage race. There was a guy in Michigan campaining a duster last season but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. The only real mandated requirements for racing will be of the safety nature - roll cage, harness, seat, etc. The rest of the car prep is really up to you. If you are just starting out I'd say you are going the right way - start with light prep. Money/time is better spent leaning to drive a reliable but perhaps underprepared car than trying to build the perfect beast before you drive. Take it from someone that did it the wrong way. You can always develop the car as you go. I will PM you my contact information - feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email with questions. If you are able to make the drive to the Chicagoland area at some point I can show you some basics to get you going.

Brian - 67 Barracuda Vintage Racer

1967 Barracuda Fastback Vintage Road Racer
1971 Scamp
2015 Challenger
1998 Ram 2500 CTD
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #2004632
02/03/16 03:56 AM
02/03/16 03:56 AM
Coronado, CA
G
go-fish Offline
mopar
go-fish  Offline
mopar
G

Coronado, CA
So this thread kind of died out but I am going down this road now. I have a "Pro-touring" car now and want to get it to a point where I can start doing HPDE's, track days, and eventually become associated with a sanctioning body of racing. Up for sale is everything "Pro-touring". I came to realize the "Pro-touring" cars are really just pretend race cars and I went down the wrong road for a long time. If you guys know anyone who wants to buy a 19"/18" wheel and tire combo let me know.

My plan is to sell my suspension, wheels/tires, Pro-charger, 5 speed, and possibly the Dana in favor of more reliable and durable components. What I need to do is re-cam the engine, get higher CR pistons, 4 speed or close ratio 5 speed, make it safe, and get some realistic tire sizes on the car. I need a little guidance on

I know this doesn't all have to happen at once to go have fun but that is my intended end state. My order of business is pulling the engine and doing what is necessary to it. It is a solid engine with not a lot of miles and it's all forged internals make a great staring point for the power plant. I need a little guidance on cam profiles and ideal compression ratio for the intended purpose.

The wheels and tires cost an obscene amount of money but at this point, if I can get out of them what it takes to get into some Minilites and tires than I'm fine with that. I have a cage builder lined up and I'm trying to find out what the specs need to be before we start on that. SCCA GCR is pretty simple but my intended use is not Auto-X. I have no idea what other GCR's I should be looking at. I guess I need to find out what sanctioning body I will be associated with and look at their GCR to determine their req.'s for the cage, right? Or, is there a standard of cage which can be built that exceeds all other standards? Couldn't I just build a chromoly 10 pt cage and be blessed by any sanctioning body?

So, after cage, tires, and building a high RPM N/A engine get me into the action? All the other stuff is second priority from what I'm understanding. I intend to replace the other components but to get going, are these the items needing attention first?

I have so many other questions about things like the virtues of an 8.75 rear vs the S-60, will my current suspension be allowed for display classes, ...? I don't really have a hard on to run in Vintage class but are there sanctioning bodies that won't let me run at all with a coilover suspension?

Finding a mentor, so to speak, would be great. I'm not really looking for someone to tell me how much worse Alter-K-tion suspensions are than stock, or how 6 piston Wilwood calipers dust boots are going to fail. Like I said, a lot of that stuff is planned to be replaced. I just want someone to help me arrive at a starting point to get on the track.

70 'cuda: ProCharged 408, Tremec 5 speed, S60,triangulated 4 link, Hydroboost and Wilwoods
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: go-fish] #2005140
02/03/16 11:18 PM
02/03/16 11:18 PM
IN
A
ahy Offline
master
ahy  Offline
master
A

IN
A few general comments from a beginner.

For HPDE, HSAX and track days you may like to have a cage but not required. The cage is required for wheel to wheel in general.

As far as wheels and tires, there are some dedicated track tires in 15 and 16" but very limited selection and not much of anything in an ultra high performance road tire (eg 200 TW). With the right tires, your current 18/19 wheels may be fine if they are not too heavy, especially if you want tires that work for both road and track.

On the engine, are you starting with AL heads? If so compression in the low 10's should be safe for sustained hard running and a cam in the range of 230-240 intake duration @.050. The engine deserves its own thread with more detailed info. For handling duty, keeping the oil under control is important. I just changed to a Milodon road race pan for this reason.

If your 5 speed transmission has the long OD (~71 ratio) it will functionally be a 4 speed at the track and that should be fine as long as rear ratio is dialed in. I wouldn't see need to change it.

In terms of rear axle, an 8.75 will have adequate strength and be a little lighter... but I would not make changing it a priority. Not a big gain IMO.

Not sure about your suspension and brakes. There are plenty of threads on setting up T bar/rear leaf if that's the way you go. On a medium or larger track, the brakes will get quite a workout with multiple laps. Cobra style 13" discs in the front and 11.7" discs in the rear gets it done for me (after I burned up the rear drums).

I guess there are lots of ways to get started. I went to an all day driving school sponsored by the NSSCC (club). I guess I drove well enough that they invited me back. I followed that by another full day. HPDE in the AM and 8 timed HSAX runs in the PM. Loads of fun.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #2005181
02/03/16 11:52 PM
02/03/16 11:52 PM
Nebraska
72Swinger Offline
master
72Swinger  Offline
master

Nebraska
Your car would be a shoe-in for SCCA CAM-T and Optima events. You dont have rules at track days either.

Mopar to the bone!!!
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: go-fish] #2005703
02/04/16 09:46 PM
02/04/16 09:46 PM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Originally Posted By go-fish
I have a "Pro-touring" car now and want to get it to a point where I can start doing HPDE's, track days, and eventually become associated with a sanctioning body of racing.

Key thing here is you need to do some hard defining of what sanctioning body racing you plan on getting to before you just start unloading all your parts. HPDE, track days and time trial types of racing are much looser with rules, if they even have any. Where rules do exist, such as NASA time trials, the type and level of the modification will alter your classification, so they still aren't particularly tight.

If you are considering sanctioned racing in a door to door environment, then you can throw away all vestiges of having a street car and simply build it as a racer. In that case, it may actually be easier and money ahead to pick up a Dynacorn Challenger shell and build it to what ever spec you chosen organization has rather than sell off, modify, and cut up your current car.

Pro touring maybe pretend race cars, but they are still a long, long way from being real race cars. The range of diversity between the different sanctioning bodies and their differing classes means there really is no one size fits all set up you can easily pursue. You will need to pick one, maybe two, and go after it.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, spending time at the track, talking to the guys in your chosen class before you start selling off parts and making your changes is the first order of business.

Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #2009643
02/11/16 01:30 AM
02/11/16 01:30 AM
Albany, NY
67SATisfaction Offline
The member whose name is actually Art
67SATisfaction  Offline

Albany, NY
Similar to go_fish and the OP, I'm a complete rookie but very interested in track racing, so I am very grateful for this thread and all the information contained in the responses.

Last year was my first, nervous, introduction to the scene and I attended club-sponsored track days. A local mechanic/racer kind of 'recruited' me and he's become a mentor. He is very helpful, as are every other driver I've met so far.

What I wanted to share with go-fish, was that for the club track day, they had a well-written checklist of their tech inspection points, plus personal safety gear requirements. I got the list in advance, it was easy to understand and not hard or costly to comply with. That was all my car and I needed to get on the track (plus the $299 fee for the day).

2016 will be my second season of track "racing". I will attend more of the same; solid well-organized club events with a decent tech inspection, where you practice on the track, then race against the clock, no passing except on the straights (I guess this is what you call HDPE).

Following advice from others, instead of plunging into my car for improved performance, I've really just focused on myself as a driver. Cheaper, less labor intensive, more track time. The car works well, and I attend time trial track days, so I compete against myself, see what improvements I can gain.

I am making a few small careful incremental improvements to the car, but (hopefully) my improving skill will give me the most gains. Most importantly the car hasn't broken and I am having a blast.

It will be fun to keep lurking here, see how things develop for go_fish and you all.
Cheers,
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: hemi_harvester] #2009699
02/11/16 03:15 AM
02/11/16 03:15 AM
Coronado, CA
G
go-fish Offline
mopar
go-fish  Offline
mopar
G

Coronado, CA
Thanks Art! I think that is what I am going to do as well. I talked to Dan which helped me dial in exactly what I want to do. My main thing would be to just have fun driving spiritedly on a track, not necessarily going wheel to wheel. Against the clock is what I would be happy with. Are you able to take a passenger/navigator?

70 'cuda: ProCharged 408, Tremec 5 speed, S60,triangulated 4 link, Hydroboost and Wilwoods
Re: Help ! I would like to get started and need some help. [Re: go-fish] #2016999
02/22/16 12:09 AM
02/22/16 12:09 AM
Albany, NY
67SATisfaction Offline
67SATisfaction  Offline

Albany, NY
Originally Posted By go-fish
Thanks Art! I think that is what I am going to do as well. I talked to Dan which helped me dial in exactly what I want to do. My main thing would be to just have fun driving spiritedly on a track, not necessarily going wheel to wheel. Against the clock is what I would be happy with. Are you able to take a passenger/navigator?

Yes, a passenger/navigator was OK - but they had to meet the same requirements as any other track day driver: Sign up, pay the full fee, have a SNELL 2015 helmet, wear non-synethtic cotton clothing and sign the waivers. It had to do with insurance.

On the plus side, this means the passenger/guest/navigator can drive the car too.

So I asked another driver with a cool car if I could ride with him. And he drove his car while I took video of him, then we swapped places and he took video of me.

Here's the YouTube clip I uploaded from the day (non-Mopar content). Super fun.

https://youtu.be/X-Q6PYQJMkk

Cheers!
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle