PA
B
BTTG Offline OP
mopar
BTTG  Offline OP
mopar
B

PA
I'm getting my AC reconnected on my 69 Coronet R/T. going to 134.

the shop is telling me my system keeps freezing up... I had installed a new compressor before taking it in and had them reconnect the discharge and suction hoses to avoid leaks being my fault. what i didn't realize was that there was no EPR valve in the remanufactured compressor. As I had read about so many folks pulling their EPR's when converting i figured this would not be an issue (I already returned my core long ago and left the EPR valve in it). there replacing the expansion valve and retrying... do i need the EPR valve? where can i get one? or do i need the thermostatic cycling switch from Classic Air? Can i install this after having it charged?

I'm likely running up quite a bill and may not be moving towards an operable system

It is tough to find shops in these parts that still know these systems well.

thanks

Re: AC conversion question [Re: BTTG] #1656144
08/07/14 07:26 PM
08/07/14 07:26 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA

When removing the EPR valve, the clutch cycling switch is a must. No need to open the system to install the cycling switch.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Re: AC conversion question [Re: John_Kunkel] #1656145
08/08/14 12:17 AM
08/08/14 12:17 AM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

When removing the EPR valve, the clutch cycling switch is a must. No need to open the system to install the cycling switch.

That is correct. It does what the Suction throttle valve on Fords and GM cars did. I would think some of these AC companies sell like a universal cycling switch. I remember some had a small hole into the AC suction line at the firewall that the cycle switch tube went into to sense the temp there after the evaporator and some had the tube go right into the evaporator. Others went into the suction side of the exspansion valve (H-valve some called it) thats really part of the suction side after it comes out of the evaporator. Maybe the aftermarket AC companies sell one that wraps around the suction line and gets covered and secured to the line. Ron