Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1648914
07/25/14 12:00 AM
07/25/14 12:00 AM
Fredericksburg Va
P
plycuda Offline
mopar
plycuda  Offline
mopar
P

Fredericksburg Va
Is it an aluminum block 632. Fiberglass dash no interior tubular a arms with him in it 2700 at the most

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: plycuda] #1648915
07/25/14 12:30 AM
07/25/14 12:30 AM
NC
S
SLOW67 Offline
super stock
SLOW67  Offline
super stock
S

NC
Still trying to figure out why everyone picks apart the show, IT'S DRAG RACING ON TV!!!! Be happy it isn't boring as h3ll prostock or funny car, If the NHRA got rid of that crap I would actually watch it but for now I'll stick to watching this show and being excited about cars that I can relate to and are very fast no matter what their weight or suspension. I am a huge fan of small tire drag radial stuff but that doesn't make me hate the show because there are backhalf big tire cars....Rant off

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: SLOW67] #1648916
07/25/14 12:49 AM
07/25/14 12:49 AM
Fredericksburg Va
P
plycuda Offline
mopar
plycuda  Offline
mopar
P

Fredericksburg Va
Never said one thing about the show. If you read my post I said they want street legal no chassis cars and the winner gets to run against a chrome moly chassis truck

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: plycuda] #1648917
07/25/14 08:36 AM
07/25/14 08:36 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Never said one thing about the show. If you read my post I said they want street legal no chassis cars and the winner gets to run against a chrome moly chassis truck

who wants that? they don't go out seeking street cars. there are no limits to who can run or what they can run this is not pinks. you got money put it up if you think you can beat them.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: plycuda] #1648918
07/25/14 08:48 AM
07/25/14 08:48 AM
jersey
S
Spaceman Spiff Offline
master
Spaceman Spiff  Offline
master
S

jersey
Quote:

A back half isn't a "chassis"

Guess you bought it was ok when they ran the pro mod Camaro from the dirty south.

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!
Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track [Re: Spaceman Spiff] #1648919
07/25/14 03:16 PM
07/25/14 03:16 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Seems the word "chassis" is where you seem to have an issue. Every car has a chassis and every chassis has to meet a spec for its intended ET. The chassis spec itself is for the drivers compartment. So I can put a 25.3 spec chromoly "chassis" in your wifes Lexus......does that make it a pro-stocker.......hardly. It makes it a car with a 25.3 chromoly spec cage. You keep referring to the truck as a "chassis" car, which technically it does have a chassis. But if you think the winner of the race that will take on Dave is going to be some junk streeter with a hoop in it, you are sadly mistaken.

When the rules at Holly Springs say "street cars" or no "chassis" cars, they simply mean you can't come in there with a stretched out, carbon bodied Pro-Mod, hang some lights on it and call it a street car. We go to Holly Springs all the time. The cars that will be running this class will all be "backhalf" cars that meet the criteria of the rules and they WILL be FAST. So the chances of Dave having his hands full are WAY on the plus side.

We actually considered taking the Buick down to run this class and taking a shot, but better judgement prevailed. Our car has been 4.20s on drag radials and meets the required rules.......BUT, this is a "no prep" race and the track owner has said he is going to scrape it clean and the surface will be BAD. So even if we put slicks on the Buick, it will only hold a 29.5. So even though our car is easy 4.20 capable, it will be on a bad track, on a much smaller tire than most others and then you get a chance at a guy who's car is BUILT for this very type racing........Sorry, I will pass.

We would have NOTHING to gain and EVERYTHING to lose. If we managed to beat Dave, it would be so what "Henderson's car is one of the fastest nitrous radial cars on the planet, it SHOULD win".......however, if Dave beat us, it would be "Henderson's car is one of the fastest nitrous radial cars on the planet and Daddy Dave beat him". The fact that it was a no prep race would be forgotten and it would be all over the net that Daddy Dave beat a 4.20 Outlaw Drag Radial car. THIS is how the legend of the truck being SO fast gets perpetuated. As I stated before, he has beaten MUCH faster cars ON THE STREET. So you see one of these cars at the track running really well, that you have also seen them outrun on the street, people put 2 and 2 together, but they come up with 5.

Dave would not even think about lining up next to us on a prepped race track, even him on big tires and us on small........but us against him on a bad surface, he will take that all day long and most likely clean our clock.

Monte

Page 2 of 2 1 2