03/14/14 06:14 PM
03/14/14 06:14 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State

This thread has turned into a complete train wreck.

I don't know why any promoter would even want to try to put on an event because no matter how good it goes more than likely someone will bash you over something that they felt wronged about.

Serious racers are going to go to the race where they can win the most $$$$$.
They're not worried about it only being Mopars.

I agree with what was said about specific brand (Mopar) events are as much about having fun by being there with people that are into the brand that you all like.

I freely admit I "play" at the race track, I'm there to have fun and hang out with friends.
I try not to embarrass myself too badly when I make a pass.
Most of all I want to have a good time.

This thread was about Monster Mopar events but it's turned into a bash-fest.

I don't see the point in publicly bashing any promoter.
If you have a problem take it to them personally.
If you have a problem with Indy Cylinder Head why are you bashing an employee here on Moparts and not talking directly to ICH?

Communication from the Promoters is key to making people happy.

It looks like Monster Mopar at Gateway is probably dead.
Scott won't answer his phone (nothing new there).

If it fits your budget and travel plans Monster Mopar at Kilkare and Norwalk are scheduled events.

What ever events you go to, try and enjoy yourself.

Life is too short to spend it being bitter over trivial things.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: tboomer] #1589601
03/14/14 06:20 PM
03/14/14 06:20 PM
wisconsin
swifter Offline
enthusiast
swifter  Offline
enthusiast

wisconsin
Just so everyone knows, since they want to make it public, I had to sell my 71 GTX to cover the debts from the 2012 and 2013 Rain outs just to try to do it again this year

Somethings VERY wrong here !!!!!!!!!

2007 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Dodge Nitro 1970 340 Valiant Duster
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ] #1589603
03/14/14 06:38 PM
03/14/14 06:38 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

This is good information for potential racer who want to race at certain venues this coming year.
They can either partake in the series or venture off to other races.
The racer/s ought to know what has transpired over the course of this MMW event series.
Personally I would leave this thread up and let it work itself out.
Things need to be aired out in order to make progress one way or the other.

Once the name calling started it pretty much locked in no good will ever come from this.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: joshking440] #1589604
03/14/14 10:29 PM
03/14/14 10:29 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Back to the point at hand----

I am apparently a swindler no good money grubbing thief

Now that we have that out of the way

Im sorry that we were rained out

IM SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT COMING BACK TO INDY

IM SORRY THAT WE HAVENT HAD THE ABILITY TO BANK ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER EVERY RAIN OUT WE HAVE

Just so everyone knows, since they want to make it public, I had to sell my 71 GTX to cover the debts from the 2012 and 2013 Rain outs just to try to do it again this year

I am going to make every attempt I can to have the Saturday Race at KilKare be free to try to make up for it but I am starting from ZERO again and im not sure if I can cover it------ Im sorry if that answer is not definitive enough, but it is the best I can do-------

DVW, I tried to return your call yesterday but I think I was just a few minutes after 12 when I called---Sorry I missed you

so um no kool aid?

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589605
03/14/14 11:29 PM
03/14/14 11:29 PM
Michigan
BPE Offline
mopar
BPE  Offline
mopar

Michigan
In almost every negative post in this thread it seems that the poster has said how " I didn't get this or that". I'm sure there were spectators, vendors and sponsors that spent plenty of money on travel, lodging, food, entry fees, ect. but they are not on here complaining about how they were not treated fairly. Why is it that nobody seems to care about anyone besides themselves anymore? It's always me,me,me. Some of you guys ought to sit back and take serious look at yourselves and then ask, What would I do in the same situation? but then you would have to realize you wouldn't take that kind of a risk because of the financial or personal responsibility that goes along with it. Well, at least Josh is trying to do something about the hand he was dealt. And when his events go off without the rain you will realize he has done more for you than any other mopar promoter out there.

Rod

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: BPE] #1589606
03/15/14 12:27 AM
03/15/14 12:27 AM
pa
D
demongup Offline
mopar
demongup  Offline
mopar
D

pa
I will be attending both races , thanks for a place to race

Dealer For Calvert Racing Products Free Shipping on any order
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: joshking440] #1589607
03/15/14 12:46 AM
03/15/14 12:46 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

Quote:

The answer maybe Josh needs to sell MMW to someone who can run it , return it to the event it was known for?

Pony up the money Dennis....you loud mouth----

I would if I could !

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: dennismopar73] #1589608
03/15/14 12:55 AM
03/15/14 12:55 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
At least the 10.5 guys are going. All 10 of them.

Come-on guys you gotta laugh at that one.

Life is GREAT. Enjoy the moment.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: pittsburghracer] #1589609
03/15/14 02:21 AM
03/15/14 02:21 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Yea even that is a good funny

Russ

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: max_maniac] #1589610
03/15/14 10:50 AM
03/15/14 10:50 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
This is where I should be. These guys could put on a clinic on "how to promote a drag race"
https://www.facebook.com/LooseRocker

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: pittsburghracer] #1589611
03/15/14 11:23 AM
03/15/14 11:23 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

This is where I should be. These guys could put on a clinic on "how to promote a drag race"

maybe you should support some race instead of bashing every race and racer on the internet

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: bigtimeauto] #1589612
03/15/14 11:38 AM
03/15/14 11:38 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe you should support some race instead of bashing every race and racer on the internet

Hey BOB I made a suggestion or two to Josh. #1 was to communicate with the racers better and #2 was if you took in 75 dollars for a race and it gets rained out roll some of the 75 dollars into the next days race. NOT 75 dollars but a fraction of it. He owes that much to the racers and it would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad you got your wheels from Josh and now say that YOU will be attending his race. Glad you will now be attending so you guys can ALMOST fill the field.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Jerry Kathe] #1589613
03/15/14 11:53 AM
03/15/14 11:53 AM
J
Jerry Kathe Offline
enthusiast
Jerry Kathe  Offline
enthusiast
J

I have been watching this board for a couple of weeks now, along with a few others in an effort to make planning choices for this season. I have never met Mr. King, never participated at any of his events, nor would I judge anyone I have never interacted with personally. With all of that said, a few of the opinions posted are very relevant and some are just simply left of center…IMO.

I do not support the idea of no concessions for rain outs regardless of how the promoter contracted with the facility, this should be considered into any business plan – it is simply the cost of doing business. Sorry, but I also don’t believe that racing is a byproduct of a Mopar event, if I enter the racing class that is a primary function for me, not a social event that happens to have racing – again, my position, obviously not all’s.

I also believe that the effort he has put into assembling this series is of value and that he has most likely suffered through a learning curve that may leave permanent scars. But I also would like to believe these past experiences, whatever the facts may be, has set the tone for him going forward. With that said, I’m going to invest the faith to attend and I will see personally – without all of the drama – just what direction these events are headed in. I would like to request all of those who are still on the fence to join in, give it another chance or like me, a first shot. My one and only disclaimer is the fact he still hasn't structured the event as of yet, if something impractical (for me anyways) is put together, then I will be a no-show, but I think….based on his replies, that won’t happen…..we will see.

I hope the event at Kil-Kare is a good one, but I look at it like this; just a couple weeks prior to the Norwalk Mopar race is the Triple Tens at Norwalk, for the last several years I have faithfully attended that event. I have been choosing between one or the other as I simply don’t have the time or funding to attend both. This race at KK will probably determine which Norwalk event I will attend in September.

Also FWIW….I plan to attend the Chrysler Classic at National Trails this May, I used to run JJ’s series in the past….well three of the five anyway (lol) and always experienced a very good time and a program that was just as it was advertised. I then ran two of the successors’ events and really learned enough from the first one, to question myself why I ever attended the second one. Certainly glad to see that change.

For me….in the perfect world, I would like to see Mr. King and Mr. Johnson team up and combine the current Mopar events, for the participant it would be a win – win.

All together now, lets sing kumbyah

Last edited by Jerry Kathe; 03/15/14 11:57 AM.
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: pittsburghracer] #1589614
03/15/14 12:00 PM
03/15/14 12:00 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey BOB I made a suggestion or two to Josh. #1 was to communicate with the racers better and #2 was if you took in 75 dollars for a race and it gets rained out roll some of the 75 dollars into the next days race. NOT 75 dollars but a fraction of it. He owes that much to the racers and it would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad you got your wheels from Josh and now say that YOU will be attending his race. Glad you will now be attending so you guys can ALMOST fill the field.

First off I was going no matter what. Is it his fault I blew a trans last year and he didn't give me a refund? C'mon guys give it up at least he is out there trying. I met him from the races and he does the best he can. Isn't that all we can ask from people?
I support every race I can so people like YOU can sit home on your computer and complain about something you NEVER went to nor plan to support.

Like I said, you guys keep bashing there will be no place to race, no parts to buy and maybe your job/business will close. Sad world we live in.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: bigtimeauto] #1589615
03/15/14 12:17 PM
03/15/14 12:17 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
First off I was going no matter what. Is it his fault I blew a trans last year and he didn't give me a refund? C'mon guys give it up at least he is out there trying. I met him from the races and he does the best he can. Isn't that all we can ask from people?
I support every race I can so people like YOU can sit home on your computer and complain about something you NEVER went to nor plan to support.

Nope its not his fault you broke again and you deserve no refund but that's a totally different subject. But when a race is rained out monies were taken in to make pay-outs and that portion of the money paid in should be paid out.
EXAMPLE: 300 race cars 75 dollars entry equals 22500.00
If you would take a portion of the monies paid in say 20 dollars and roll it into the next days race that would be 6000.00
That would leave 55.00 per racer to go toward track rental for the day per person. 6000 dollars divided into the classes for INCREASED pay-outs for the next days racing.

Oh and by the way I probably race the same or more than you do as I hit the track 1-2 times per week from April to November.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Jerry Kathe] #1589616
03/15/14 12:31 PM
03/15/14 12:31 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Quote:

I have been watching this board for a couple of weeks now, along with a few others in an effort to make planning choices for this season. I have never met Mr. King, never participated at any of his events, nor would I judge anyone I have never interacted with personally. With all of that said, a few of the opinions posted are very relevant and some are just simply left of center…IMO.

I do not support the idea of no concessions for rain outs regardless of how the promoter contracted with the facility, this should be considered into any business plan – it is simply the cost of doing business. Sorry, but I also don’t believe that racing is a byproduct of a Mopar event, if I enter the racing class that is a primary function for me, not a social event that happens to have racing – again, my position, obviously not all’s.

I also believe that the effort he has put into assembling this series is of value and that he has most likely suffered through a learning curve that may leave permanent scars. But I also would like to believe these past experiences, whatever the facts may be, has set the tone for him going forward. With that said, I’m going to invest the faith to attend and I will see personally – without all of the drama – just what direction these events are headed in. I would like to request all of those who are still on the fence to join in, give it another chance or like me, a first shot. My one and only disclaimer is the fact he still hasn't structured the event as of yet, if something impractical (for me anyways) is put together, then I will be a no-show, but I think….based on his replies, that won’t happen…..we will see.

I hope the event at Kil-Kare is a good one, but I look at it like this; just a couple weeks prior to the Norwalk Mopar race is the Triple Tens at Norwalk, for the last several years I have faithfully attended that event. I have been choosing between one or the other as I simply don’t have the time or funding to attend both. This race at KK will probably determine which Norwalk event I will attend in September.

Also FWIW….I plan to attend the Chrysler Classic at National Trails this May, I used to run JJ’s series in the past….well three of the five anyway (lol) and always experienced a very good time and a program that was just as it was advertised. I then ran two of the successors’ events and really learned enough from the first one, to question myself why I ever attended the second one. Certainly glad to see that change.

For me….in the perfect world, I would like to see Mr. King and Mr. Johnson team up and combine the current Mopar events, for the participant it would be a win – win.

All together now, lets sing kumbyah

Very well said..and my thoughts exactly.

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: wheelsup68dart] #1589617
03/15/14 12:55 PM
03/15/14 12:55 PM
Nelsonville , Ohio
D
Duster3105 Offline
mopar
Duster3105  Offline
mopar
D

Nelsonville , Ohio
Thanks for bringing me out of retirement.

I wish I could retire, hope you & family are doing well,
I gotta get on here more, I know we just started our 2nd small business and I am learning more every day, even at my age. I'll keep quiet and just read now.
Rick......

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Duster3105] #1589618
03/16/14 06:37 PM
03/16/14 06:37 PM
reynoldsburg,ohio
poppaj Offline
mopar
poppaj  Offline
mopar

reynoldsburg,ohio
Think you are doing a good job Josh, we look forward to your events. Thanks poppaj

AA/NSS 65'Coronet "Whompin Wedge"
Pop & Son Performance 557" B-1 power
John Holt Chassis
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: pittsburghracer] #1589619
03/16/14 06:47 PM
03/16/14 06:47 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

EXAMPLE: 300 race cars 75 dollars entry equals 22500.00
If you would take a portion of the monies paid in say 20 dollars and roll it into the next days race that would be 6000.00
That would leave 55.00 per racer to go toward track rental for the day per person. 6000 dollars divided into the classes for INCREASED pay-outs for the next days racing.

I don't want to keep this going with you but you are forgetting a few other things in your math.
-track rental
-insurance
-employees
-advertising
-food
-security
-pit parking pass stickers

and I'm sure there are others

Most of the time the promoter will rely on sponsors to pay the classes while the gate pays for these things.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: bigtimeauto] #1589620
03/16/14 07:44 PM
03/16/14 07:44 PM
SW Ohio
AAR-B4 Offline
mopar
AAR-B4  Offline
mopar

SW Ohio
Just wanted to be the 200th reply to this post

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12