pro stock
F

Lakeland FL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, sorry for the delayed response ( I only have online access at work).. I am getting old and and its been a long time since I assembled the engine..

Johns pic of the bracket that bolts to the very back intake bolt is correct.. I must of been thinking of the throttle cable bolting to this bracket.. thanks for all of the help on here, if I want to use the aluminum intake I have I will use one of Andy's brackets.

You don't need that bracket the factory one will work w/ almost every intake on the market.

Exactly ... he still hasn't said what intake he has ...

OK, Manifold has been in storage for 2 years, not sure what is it besides a dual plane.. Probably an edelbrock...

As long as it is not an RPM you should be fine using your current linkage setup , make sure to readjust it after the change over.

thanks again John

Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: floridian] #1574894
02/10/14 06:40 PM
02/10/14 06:40 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
The best (and one of the most stock looking) intake is the Indy 440-2d and you can make the stock throttle bracket work with a simple spacer between the bracket and the intake...you want to do this anyway since the carb pad is a bit higher and the spacer keeps the throttle cable angle the same relative to the support. Although it is bigger and freeer flowing than the Performer RPM, the carb pad is actually a good bit (maybe 3/8" ) LOWER so filter clearence is better for 67-earlier B body cars.

The 440-2d also has the tapped bosses for the coil mount.

FWIW, I prefer the later 2 bolt style throttle /kickdown bracket (maybe 74 and later)
it uses the bolts in front of #5 and behind #7 and still looks factory.

8034495-indy440-2.jpg (59 downloads)
Last edited by Streetwize; 02/10/14 06:43 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: Streetwize] #1574895
02/10/14 06:58 PM
02/10/14 06:58 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

The best (and one of the most stock looking) intake is the Indy 440-2d and you can make the stock throttle bracket work with a simple spacer between the bracket and the intake...you want to do this anyway since the carb pad is a bit higher and the spacer keeps the throttle cable angle the same relative to the support. Although it is bigger and freeer flowing than the Performer RPM, the carb pad is actually a good bit (maybe 3/8" ) LOWER so filter clearence is better for 67-earlier B body cars.

FWIW, I prefer the later 2 bolt style throttle /kickdown bracket (maybe 74 and later)

That's a good intake but probably overkill for what I can only assume is a STOCK 440 .

Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1574896
02/10/14 11:02 PM
02/10/14 11:02 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Quote:

"I don't know how folks claim they can use the stock throttle and kickdown on an RPM without tweaking the cable and linkage north about an inch. I'm building mine now and it ain't happening with stock linkage. Andy's (ARE) bracket is awesome and the best solution I've seen."

I didn't have an issue, I added a 3/4" piece to the and of the cable and there are plenty of threads on the stock kick-down linkage to adjust. I also had to add some lenght to the stock 6-pack cable on this car, due to the Stage VI heads and carb spacers. Takes about 10 minutes.

Picture please.

I’m listening.
Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: JohnRR] #1574897
02/11/14 10:55 AM
02/11/14 10:55 AM
Lakeland FL
F
floridian Offline OP
pro stock
floridian  Offline OP
pro stock
F

Lakeland FL
Quote:

Quote:

That's a good intake but probably overkill for what I can only assume is a STOCK 440 .

Yes, stock 67 440/375.. Bored 40 over, Original stock exhausts, stock intake, original carb ( carter)....

Looks like I have a Edelbrock performer..

Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: Big Bad Bee] #1574898
02/11/14 11:13 AM
02/11/14 11:13 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

"I don't know how folks claim they can use the stock throttle and kickdown on an RPM without tweaking the cable and linkage north about an inch. I'm building mine now and it ain't happening with stock linkage. Andy's (ARE) bracket is awesome and the best solution I've seen."

I didn't have an issue, I added a 3/4" piece to the and of the cable and there are plenty of threads on the stock kick-down linkage to adjust. I also had to add some lenght to the stock 6-pack cable on this car, due to the Stage VI heads and carb spacers. Takes about 10 minutes.

Picture please.

At work now, i'll try later but it's like this... I took a flat piece of metal, rounded the edges, drilled holes and bang done.

8035293-cable.jpg (41 downloads)
Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: floridian] #1574899
02/11/14 11:58 AM
02/11/14 11:58 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, stock 67 440/375.. Bored 40 over, Original stock exhausts, stock intake, original carb ( carter)....

Looks like I have a Edelbrock performer..

Just swap the intake , readjust the linkage , DONE ...

Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: Mr.Yuck] #1574900
02/11/14 02:00 PM
02/11/14 02:00 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Picture please.

At work now, i'll try later but it's like this... I took a flat piece of metal, rounded the edges, drilled holes and bang done.

Thank you, Jeff.

I’m listening.
Re: Any good new aluminum 440 intakes for sale [Re: Big Bad Bee] #1574901
02/11/14 02:20 PM
02/11/14 02:20 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Picture please.

Thank you, Jeff.

N/P. Just make sure you make the holes big enough so they pivot easy. You also want to make sure you have full extention and the carb(s) open 100% (just as you would with any set-up)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3