Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

Take him to court in NC?

Real convenient for the person scammed. It'll end up costing him more than the amount owed, in aggravation if nothing else.

Real useful suggestion there.

That's how these scammers operate and without the internet there was damned little one could do to get resolution. Statute of limitations is probably over negating any number of other options, such as mail fraud.

So he's left with public shame as his only choice and we all see how that is working out. Maybe USCT will go under and no one gets paid, other than just desserts for JP.

There is no statute of limitation in commerce.

Kevin

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: doctor_mopar] #1525434
11/06/13 09:28 PM
11/06/13 09:28 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
He won't come here
He knows that the real wolves will come out if he does & this will blow up on the internet

This thread is at the top of the second page of a google search of his name

If he comes here, it goes to the top of the first page It's all damage control for him now

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1525435
11/06/13 09:35 PM
11/06/13 09:35 PM
Boston, MA
C
crocha617 Offline
top fuel
crocha617  Offline
top fuel
C

Boston, MA
Quote:

Quote:

This thread could've died a week ago for only $275

Why is that?

If it was you that was out the money would you feel the same way?

A man is only as good as his word.

If the part isn't going to be made the the money should be refunded, returned or what ever way you want to say it.

You misunderstood me. I was trying to say USCT could've made this go away a week ago for $275. Now he may lose 100 or more times that amount in future business.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: crocha617] #1525436
11/06/13 09:55 PM
11/06/13 09:55 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Wow, it surprises me how many people are giving the OP flak over this. Certainly the first to scream if it happened to them.

It's sad that people are so numb to the idea of making this right. OP might as well post this on any car forum he can find.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1525437
11/06/13 10:14 PM
11/06/13 10:14 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Wow, it surprises me how many people are giving the OP flak over this. Certainly the first to scream if it happened to them.

It's sad that people are so numb to the idea of making this right. OP might as well post this on any car forum he can find.

Yea the "divided we fall mentality", I don't understand the lynch without due process concept. And I don't understand why asking for hearing the other side is giving the OP flak. NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY has stated that the OP does not deserve his money returned, GOT IT?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Twostick] #1525438
11/06/13 10:50 PM
11/06/13 10:50 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

There is no statute of limitation in commerce.

Kevin

Where do you get that?

NC has three years across the board. Other states have other limits.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: jcc] #1525439
11/06/13 10:58 PM
11/06/13 10:58 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

Yea the "divided we fall mentality", I don't understand the lynch without due process concept. And I don't understand why asking for hearing the other side is giving the OP flak. NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY has stated that the OP does not deserve his money returned, GOT IT?

^^^Yet another example of it, thanks. Quit trying for the lock.

The other side has been asked for REPEATEDLY and nothing came back. That is nonsense.

I want my fair share
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1525440
11/06/13 11:33 PM
11/06/13 11:33 PM
new jersey
M
mitchell Offline OP
mitchell  Offline OP
M

new jersey
Thanks for the help and support most of you have of you have given me.

I think most understand it's not about my $275.00 it's about sending a message to John Pasemann and others like him, thinking about ripping people off in the future. It's not going to be worth it.

I welcome anyone who wants to join me and put ever more pressure on John Pasemann by posting your comments on this and other forums. Strength in numbers is working, it's just a matter of time.

How long can John just sit there and let this go on?

Thanks again,
Jim

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: mitchell] #1525441
11/07/13 12:14 AM
11/07/13 12:14 AM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: bigdad] #1525442
11/07/13 12:33 AM
11/07/13 12:33 AM
Rancho Cordova, CA
Exit1965 Offline
master
Exit1965  Offline
master

Rancho Cordova, CA
This has been an entertaining thread to read in a sad way. Many times, people come here to create a thread like this, the vendor comes in after a while, and things are eventually settled. It's very un-settling to see this go on so long with no attempt at ANYTHING from the vendor.

He will definitely lose a lot from not handling this situation properly. It's not about the $275 any more, it's about a fairly small community who puts a priority on honest business. There are too many choices for parts now a days to think this sort of practice isn't going to be detrimental to one's business.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Exit1965] #1525443
11/07/13 12:45 AM
11/07/13 12:45 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
I spoke to John today and told him to take care of this, he told me he hasn't looked at the thread, but then when I said there were links to yahoo groups he yes "I know" I immediately responded with how do you know if you haven't seen it. He is very aware and chooses not to deal with it. He did tell me I could broker a deal to get Mitchel his money back under the condition that this post go away, are you serious, just remember you cant get in trouble for telling the truth even if its bad about someone.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Exit1965] #1525444
11/07/13 12:58 AM
11/07/13 12:58 AM
central P.A.
HEMIDOG 70 Offline
top fuel
HEMIDOG 70  Offline
top fuel

central P.A.
After following this thread. I can say usct has got the last dollar from me. I bought frame connectors and a k frame dolly from them. If this is their customer service policy I will not be back. Did this guy go to the F Mitchell school of business?

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #1525445
11/07/13 01:35 AM
11/07/13 01:35 AM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
Quote:

I spoke to John today and told him to take care of this, he told me he hasn't looked at the thread, but then when I said there were links to yahoo groups he yes "I know" I immediately responded with how do you know if you haven't seen it. He is very aware and chooses not to deal with it. He did tell me I could broker a deal to get Mitchel his money back under the condition that this post go away, are you serious, just remember you cant get in trouble for telling the truth even if its bad about someone.

Herb, He could care less for the other 49 who were violated could he?

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1525446
11/07/13 01:47 AM
11/07/13 01:47 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
jcc  Offline
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

^^^Yet another example of it, thanks. Quit trying for the lock.

The other side has been asked for REPEATEDLY and nothing came back. That is nonsense.

I asked a question about what I don't understand and your response is "trying for a lock". Nice attempt at avoiding the issue, you in cahoots with US tool?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: formula_s] #1525447
11/07/13 01:54 AM
11/07/13 01:54 AM
Pangaea
B5 Bee Offline
master
B5 Bee  Offline
master

Pangaea
Quote:

John Paseman..... This is not his first scam against the Mopar community, who remembers the 69 GTX he had on HEMINET years ago? It was a gold car with a bench seat...... Anyone recall??

Care to fill others in that don't remember?

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #1525448
11/07/13 02:05 AM
11/07/13 02:05 AM
New Castle, Indiana
H
held1823 Offline
mopar
held1823  Offline
mopar
H

New Castle, Indiana
Quote:

...a deal to get Mitchel his money back under the condition that this post go away,

he had that option on october 28th.

all the more reason to archive this thread.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: mitchell] #1525449
11/07/13 02:31 AM
11/07/13 02:31 AM
missouri, USA
moparmojo Offline
master
moparmojo  Offline
master

missouri, USA
Wow this post is like a train wreck. I'm not taking sides or trying to invalidate anyones opinion but it surprises me how many are willing to throw this site sponsor/vendor under the bus merely because he fails to respond to the accusations on this post. What happened to until innocent until proven guilty? Sure do I think it is weird that usct has failed to reply, yes. But I also know that we don't have all the facts to make a sound judgement on the issue especially when many have had good experiences with them in the past. Usct has a history here to some degree. I also find it weird that we just now hear about this issue 8 years later from a new member and who during this post has encouraged us to go on other websites and youtube to bad mouth usct. The timing just seems unusual. I'm also confused about the email that was posted that appeared to be from John offering money back. Did the op take him up on the issue and he failed to follow thru or did the op demand an alternative resolution? Again unanswed. 8 years why the wait, why come on here now and talk about. Not like he saw a similar post and just had to share his story, but he created the post. I mean if it was me, after 8 years, I would have considered the money gone but even so I wouldn't sign up on mopar sites and just now start telling people to go on YouTube and kill someone's rating...for what, revenge? Again these events just seem out of the ordinary. Now I'm not saying I don't believe the op, however I just want to reserve judgement. There can be many reasons a company/person may not want to go on a site and respond to accusations. Is this the op's first posting like this? Has usct posted on other forums? If so was the response or process of discussing this issue in public a benefit? Who knows. Certainly it would be nice to hear the other side but I don't want to hang a guy wo the facts.
Case in point my brother had a small business selling after market car parts. Things went well until one guy contacted him about a broker part. This was a beefy part and hard to break so my brother questions how it occurred. Buyer merely said during normal install or thereafter part broke . My brother did not sell parts with a warranty, however asked the guy to send the part back and he would send a replacement, however the buyer only wanted his money back. The was not an option, but the offer was out there. My brother heard back from the guy. But several months later he was made aware of a post on a website he sponsored where the buyer went on there and bad mouthed his part and parts. Which if that wasn't bad enough he completely fabricated the events of the situation which is my way of saying, he lied. Well this got the ball rolling and all these people were on the site slinging mud about my brother/company, so by the time he got on the to clear the air, the damage could not be fixed. He said so many people had came up with their own conclusions without the facts that when he did get on there they could only pepper him with bs questions as to not look bad themselves. Meaning they were already invested in what they perceived to be the outcome, therefore they tried to make it come true. There was no real winner and even though my brother had offed to replace the part free of charge people lost confidence in his business, that up until then had an unblemished reputation. Orders slowed, his suppliers wanted larger purchases so he just chose to fold up shop. Hard to stop a rolling snowball.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: moparmojo] #1525450
11/07/13 03:00 AM
11/07/13 03:00 AM
KS.
H
HairOtheDog Offline
HairOtheDog  Offline
H

KS.
Quote:

Wow this post is like a train wreck. I'm not taking sides or trying to invalidate anyones opinion but it surprises me how many are willing to throw this site sponsor/vendor under the bus merely because he fails to respond to the accusations on this post. What happened to until innocent until proven guilty? Sure do I think it is weird that usct has failed to reply, yes. But I also know that we don't have all the facts to make a sound judgement on the issue especially when many have had good experiences with them in the past. Usct has a history here to some degree. I also find it weird that we just now hear about this issue 8 years later from a new member and who during this post has encouraged us to go on other websites and youtube to bad mouth usct. The timing just seems unusual. I'm also confused about the email that was posted that appeared to be from John offering money back. Did the op take him up on the issue and he failed to follow thru or did the op demand an alternative resolution? Again unanswed. 8 years why the wait, why come on here now and talk about. Not like he saw a similar post and just had to share his story, but he created the post. I mean if it was me, after 8 years, I would have considered the money gone but even so I wouldn't sign up on mopar sites and just now start telling people to go on YouTube and kill someone's rating...for what, revenge? Again these events just seem out of the ordinary. Now I'm not saying I don't believe the op, however I just want to reserve judgement. There can be many reasons a company/person may not want to go on a site and respond to accusations. Is this the op's first posting like this? Has usct posted on other forums? If so was the response or process of discussing this issue in public a benefit? Who knows. Certainly it would be nice to hear the other side but I don't want to hang a guy wo the facts.
Case in point my brother had a small business selling after market car parts. Things went well until one guy contacted him about a broker part. This was a beefy part and hard to break so my brother questions how it occurred. Buyer merely said during normal install or thereafter part broke . My brother did not sell parts with a warranty, however asked the guy to send the part back and he would send a replacement, however the buyer only wanted his money back. The was not an option, but the offer was out there. My brother heard back from the guy. But several months later he was made aware of a post on a website he sponsored where the buyer went on there and bad mouthed his part and parts. Which if that wasn't bad enough he completely fabricated the events of the situation which is my way of saying, he lied. Well this got the ball rolling and all these people were on the site slinging mud about my brother/company, so by the time he got on the to clear the air, the damage could not be fixed. He said so many people had came up with their own conclusions without the facts that when he did get on there they could only pepper him with bs questions as to not look bad themselves. Meaning they were already invested in what they perceived to be the outcome, therefore they tried to make it come true. There was no real winner and even though my brother had offed to replace the part free of charge people lost confidence in his business, that up until then had an unblemished reputation. Orders slowed, his suppliers wanted larger purchases so he just chose to fold up shop. Hard to stop a rolling snowball.

No offense intended,
but you need to go back to page 1, and re-read the entire thread.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HairOtheDog] #1525451
11/07/13 03:08 AM
11/07/13 03:08 AM
NM
74fish Offline
mopar
74fish  Offline
mopar

NM

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: crocha617] #1525452
11/07/13 03:50 AM
11/07/13 03:50 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This thread could've died a week ago for only $275

Why is that?

If it was you that was out the money would you feel the same way?

A man is only as good as his word.

If the part isn't going to be made the the money should be refunded, returned or what ever way you want to say it.

You misunderstood me. I was trying to say USCT could've made this go away a week ago for $275. Now he may lose 100 or more times that amount in future business.

That's the problem with what's written some times, it can be taken the wrong way.

I apologize for thinking that you meant it wasn't worth the O/P time or trouble for the money involved.

From reading some of the latest replies it looks like John at USCT knows that there's a problem but doesn't care enough to fix it.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17