Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

Quote:

Some of you guys get luck and good driving confused.

exactly, we give him hell when he drives bad and we should give him credit when he drives good.

Amen to that. Great driving job AJ as he hit the tree when he had too and of course anytime you win there seems to be something going your way thru the rounds. Of course we would all like to see the winner have the fastest car and dominate everyone but that does not happen to much in Pro Stock. I say it was a good win and take them anyway you can get them. Nice job AJ and crew. Ron

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: dOc !] #1457340
06/24/13 09:18 PM
06/24/13 09:18 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

And again ....LADY LUCK was on his side ....

If that gate job he slapped on Edwards was luck , he manufactured it.
Great job ! I'd say he Smith- Barney'ed that event win.

He EARNED it.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: dOc !] #1457341
06/24/13 10:47 PM
06/24/13 10:47 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if the track was worth a crap he may have not needed any Luck, but a holeshot win is not considered luck. but how would you know you don't race still working on your mini van

Well Qt ..... he had LUCK when he needed it ....and it does not take being an active racer to KNOW THAT ...

He got on the tree most other rounds THEN pulled out that hole shot on the final !! ..... oh AJ and the crew are GOOD TOO ... but LL had a part in their win there also ...

..... and I am not working on ANY THING right now ....NO PLACE to do it. And the way things are going trying to pick up a lite-wait-car is not going all that well either ..... so a 500 inch Caravan might be a more logical project ......

NOW to find a chassis shop ..... ....

I am not sure you want a chassis shop, you have about 30 large you are ready to throw down? thats probably just for starters. if so see Paul at JCR chassis he's around the Ocala area

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: Quicktree] #1457342
06/24/13 10:48 PM
06/24/13 10:48 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if the track was worth a crap he may have not needed any Luck, but a holeshot win is not considered luck. but how would you know you don't race still working on your mini van

NED is one of the flattest, smoothest tracks in the country...a few of my friends were racing there this weekend and said the track prep was excellent....they were spraying and dragging the track every couple of classes and the place was jam packed with fans Saturday & Sunday

Rickster

AJ nailed the tree when it counted...was it luck...possibly but who cares he won

very well could be, but that doesn't make it a good track for the pro's. you know that, bunch of losses due to them not getting their setup right .

Fixed it for you.....some did and some didn't

Rickster

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: rickstershemi] #1457343
06/24/13 10:50 PM
06/24/13 10:50 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NED is one of the flattest, smoothest tracks in the country...a few of my friends were racing there this weekend and said the track prep was excellent....they were spraying and dragging the track every couple of classes and the place was jam packed with fans Saturday & Sunday

Rickster

AJ nailed the tree when it counted...was it luck...possibly but who cares he won

very well could be, but that doesn't make it a good track for the pro's. you know that, bunch of losses due to them not getting their setup right .

Fixed it for you.....

Rickster

not really but ok, the track sucked if it was one car i would agree with you.to be honest the place really didn't look ready for a natl event

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: rickstershemi] #1457344
06/24/13 10:54 PM
06/24/13 10:54 PM
las vegas
70AARcuda Offline
master
70AARcuda  Offline
master

las vegas
“It just worked out that Jeggie was first on that third round run and we had the cars set up identical,” Johnson said. “He shook and our guys made a last second decision on something which allowed me not to shake. I spun, but I didn’t shake. In the final, we made a real radical change for a hot weather track and it really worked. We figured out something there.”

chassis adjustment after jegs shakes...

Tony

70 AARCuda Vitamin C
71 Dart Swinger 360 10.318 @ 128.22(10-04-14 Bakersfield)
71 Demon 360 10.666 @122.41 (01-29-17 @ Las Vegas)
71 Duster 408 (10.29 @ 127.86 3/16/19 Las Vegas)
Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: Quicktree] #1457345
06/24/13 10:57 PM
06/24/13 10:57 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Fixed it for you.....

Rickster

not really but ok, the track sucked if it was one car i would agree with you.to be honest the place really didn't look ready for a natl event

They did a great job for their first event and i'll wager they will have more and they will be better organized....a few of my friends had to pit in terrible conditions, but never complained and were actually amazed at how smoothly the event was run.

Half of the Pro's won....imagine that.....AJ did an awesome job, as did the other half that won....the track was fast as well....and not much prior run info for this track, I would say all did a great job.

I agree to disagree

Rickster

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: 70AARcuda] #1457346
06/24/13 11:14 PM
06/24/13 11:14 PM
Syracuse,NY
CompWedgeEngines Offline
master
CompWedgeEngines  Offline
master

Syracuse,NY
Quote:

“It just worked out that Jeggie was first on that third round run and we had the cars set up identical,” Johnson said. “He shook and our guys made a last second decision on something which allowed me not to shake. I spun, but I didn’t shake. In the final, we made a real radical change for a hot weather track and it really worked. We figured out something there.”

chassis adjustment after jegs shakes...

Exactly !..thank you AAR for that post of facts..wow...that doesnt look like LUCK to me...looks like a smart team that made adjustments to their set up based on data...and a crew chief sharing data from a second team car...must be luck they also had a second car there too....congrats to Team Johnson for another Mopar win, and by the way...its called HARD WORK and TESTING...not LUCK. ...I hope Jeggie and Vincent get one soon too...

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.
Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: CompWedgeEngines] #1457347
06/25/13 01:53 AM
06/25/13 01:53 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Come on Wedgie .... why not just point a finger directly at me ?

IF you read and digested my post .... I said that there was MORE to what AJ has done in PS(now and before) than just luck ......

And there have been many successful pros say .... in so many words ....I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD.

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: dOc !] #1457348
06/25/13 05:49 AM
06/25/13 05:49 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

IF you read and digested my post .... I said that there was MORE to what AJ has done in PS(now and before) than just luck ......

And there have been many successful pros say .... in so many words ....I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD.

back pedal fest going on here

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: Quicktree] #1457349
06/25/13 10:24 AM
06/25/13 10:24 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
dOc !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

back pedal fest going on here

I agree ... someWHERE in NY ...... that better start !

Re: AJ WOW WHAT A WIN [Re: dOc !] #1457350
06/25/13 07:06 PM
06/25/13 07:06 PM
in the middle
D
dodger mope Offline
enthusiast
dodger mope  Offline
enthusiast
D

in the middle
you have to do a tremendous amount of work and testing plus the accomplishment's it will take before lady luck can help

Page 2 of 2 1 2