Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Special Thanks to CC Events & Mo-Power owners old & new [Re: VernMotor] #1454603
06/21/13 08:34 PM
06/21/13 08:34 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Well as I mentioned many time in the past these promoters were on a path of selfdistruction.The way they schudled events,brought personal drama to public attention,mistreated the people that attended and played games with rules and payouts along with an aready uncertain economy it was only a matter of time before the support would drop of.
Personally we enjoyed a long run with the Blankenship family,7 of the last 8 years hosting the Curt Memorial Race at PRP.We have the utmost respect for Chris,Eddie and the crew but the last few years Charlie's attitude strained the relationship and PRP decided that they would not tolerate Curt's memory, their track and crew being disrespected.The first CC event that Jeff Johnson hosted at PRP was his last for being disrespectfull of the track personal and when the Tedescos ask us to put together the first Curt Memorial Race shortly after his death,which we did with only two weeks to prepare.Jeff decided to negatively comment via the internet his opinion of the event and we felt that was very disrespectful of Curt's memory and to our family.For this he has never apologized and I can never in my heart support his events.
The new management at PRP was slow to respone to plan the event and a lot was left up in the air and it was uncertain weather there would be a 2013 race we were concerned.Norm Fox from Quaker City contacted us about hosting the event since he understood Curt started his racing career at Quaker and it was his home track for many years.
We are pleased that the event will continue and hope to see all our old friends and meet new ones at this event.
As far as Charlie,Jeff,Larry and others we can only wish them success and good health.We want also to thank all those who attend and support the upcomming Curt George Memorial Race.
Respectfully
Bob

Re: Special Thanks to CC Events & Mo-Power owners old & new [Re: julian2007] #1454604
06/21/13 11:43 PM
06/21/13 11:43 PM
Caledonia, Ohio
B
BigDog68Dart Offline
super stock
BigDog68Dart  Offline
super stock
B

Caledonia, Ohio
Quote:

I won the mopower events super pro event at Kilkare last year and won a 575.00 and it cost me 90.00 to enter

This year we were lied to about the ladder and it put myself and my team car against each other in the first round.

The ladder was set but A dragster broke and left the race track so we went to the tower and asked them to take him off the ladder (per the rules) even though It gave my team car a by run in round 1 if they left that broke car on the ladder. We were told they were in contact with the broke car's owner by phone and he was coming back. We asked them again because if they were to take the broke car off the ladder that put myself and my team car against each other 1st round and we were going to spray away from each other. They said no he stays on the ladder he is coming back. Well guess what at the last minute they changed the ladder when we had no more hits at qualifying. We went to the tower and asked why they put the screws to us and They said it was Blankenships call not the towers so we went to Charlie and he said it was the towers call. The next day we called the broke cars owner and He said He spoke to no one before or after he left

But it was always like that change the rules to benefit someone they liked and screw everyone else.

I met almost all of my best friends at the cc events and that is cool but I could not give less of a $hit about the series.

After Columbus this year We had a team meeting and decided to never run the mopower events again. That's nine race cars, We figured we gave them better part of two grand every event for the last 10 years only to get lied to.

I will very much miss the racers but not the promoter.

I have seen promoters let cars qualify after the session was over,seen them change the advertised program. enough to discourage me to drive to or support their series, I'm sure my one car won't be missed

Re: Special Thanks to CC Events & Mo-Power owners old & new [Re: B G Racing] #1454605
06/22/13 01:20 AM
06/22/13 01:20 AM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
As far as Charlie,Jeff,Larry and others we can only wish them success and good health.
Respectfully
Bob

Thanks Bob for wishing me success and good health. As for success, everyday that I wake up is success, and as for my health, just had a root canal done yesterday so that I could have my famous smile working just for the Bob George racers when they show up this weekend at NTR for the Nostalgia race where you can have a chance to kick some brand X butt. So far tonight it looked to be about 80% Mopar at this race. Hope to see you soon, Larry

Re: Special Thanks to CC Events & Mo-Power owners old & new [Re: BigDog68Dart] #1454606
06/22/13 07:34 AM
06/22/13 07:34 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

I won the mopower events super pro event at Kilkare last year and won a 575.00 and it cost me 90.00 to enter

This year we were lied to about the ladder and it put myself and my team car against each other in the first round.

The ladder was set but A dragster broke and left the race track so we went to the tower and asked them to take him off the ladder (per the rules) even though It gave my team car a by run in round 1 if they left that broke car on the ladder. We were told they were in contact with the broke car's owner by phone and he was coming back. We asked them again because if they were to take the broke car off the ladder that put myself and my team car against each other 1st round and we were going to spray away from each other. They said no he stays on the ladder he is coming back. Well guess what at the last minute they changed the ladder when we had no more hits at qualifying. We went to the tower and asked why they put the screws to us and They said it was Blankenships call not the towers so we went to Charlie and he said it was the towers call. The next day we called the broke cars owner and He said He spoke to no one before or after he left

But it was always like that change the rules to benefit someone they liked and screw everyone else.

I met almost all of my best friends at the cc events and that is cool but I could not give less of a $hit about the series.

After Columbus this year We had a team meeting and decided to never run the mopower events again. That's nine race cars, We figured we gave them better part of two grand every event for the last 10 years only to get lied to.

I will very much miss the racers but not the promoter.

I have seen promoters let cars qualify after the session was over,seen them change the advertised program. enough to discourage me to drive to or support their series, I'm sure my one car won't be missed

Larry,we will miss you and Special Kay at this event but understand.What happen last year would piss anyone off.Seen you soon.

Page 2 of 2 1 2