St.Louis, Mo.
M
mokid Offline
enthusiast
mokid  Offline
enthusiast
M

St.Louis, Mo.
just went by Gateway and its filling up quick, looks like great weather for racing and great pay outs,

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: mokid] #1435467
05/18/13 02:06 AM
05/18/13 02:06 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Online tonguue
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Online Tonguue
I Live Here

A Red State
Definitely a light car count today.

I know that some guys that are dialed in on their cars are only coming in tomorrow and Sunday.

Rain and power outages slowed down time trials today.
I think it was between 2 and 3 when cars started making passes.

I finally got to make some passes in mine.
First one it felt like it was missing and not pulling hard at all it ran a 12.91 at 105 mph.
It just felt like crap.

I went back to the pits and checked the timing (36 degrees total) and pulled the plugs and most were wet with gas.
One looked covered in carbon and gas. It was probably the one that was missing.

I made another run this time it ran 11.99 at 111 mph. The 60 ft was 1.72.
Better it it still feels like it's not pulling hard as it should above 4k.

I'll play with it more tomorrow.
The current coil is a stock 40 year old one, that may be part of the problem.

I've also decided that I'm going with drag radials rather than slicks.
I can't stand the loose rear sway at higher speeds with the ET Streets.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1435468
05/18/13 07:38 AM
05/18/13 07:38 AM
St. Louis, MO
Blues_Cuda Online content
master
Blues_Cuda  Online Content
master

St. Louis, MO
Rich- I'll bring a Blaster 2 coil with me if you want to use it. It's off Amy's car.

I know they would not fit, but I'd let you try the drag radials off Amy's car as well.

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: Blues_Cuda] #1435469
05/18/13 05:51 PM
05/18/13 05:51 PM
st. Louis Mo.
D
dartphil Offline
enthusiast
dartphil  Offline
enthusiast
D

st. Louis Mo.
This is the worst mopar event I have been to at gateway. Small car count in all catagories,terrible swap meet,and small car show too. In fact we left around noon, not worth sticking around as a spectator!

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: dartphil] #1435470
05/18/13 09:06 PM
05/18/13 09:06 PM
Chi-Town
PlumCrazyCharger Offline
pro stock
PlumCrazyCharger  Offline
pro stock

Chi-Town
Maybe a poor car count but they paid the guarenteed payouts! Only 3 q16 TS cars and they split $4000 and are running for the jacket Sunday. No meetings no yelling they just came right out and said here's the $4000 you guys decide. Stand-up move by St. Louis!

Next year will be much better. Four of us TS guys either broke or went to the ADRL race at Cordova. To many races going on this weekend.

A lot more to the story than what everyone thinks that happend to Monstor Mopar and St. Louis after talks with the track. Remember two sides of the story and then the truth.

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: PlumCrazyCharger] #1435471
05/18/13 11:42 PM
05/18/13 11:42 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Quote:

A lot more to the story than what everyone thinks that happend to Monstor Mopar and St. Louis after talks with the track. Remember two sides of the story and then the truth.

Any chance that we'll ever get to hear the truth?

Master, again and still
Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: Blues_Cuda] #1435472
05/19/13 01:11 AM
05/19/13 01:11 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Online tonguue
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Online Tonguue
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Rich- I'll bring a Blaster 2 coil with me if you want to use it. It's off Amy's car.

I know they would not fit, but I'd let you try the drag radials off Amy's car as well.

Thanks for bringing the coil Scott!
It seems to run smoother and better at higher rpm now.

My only pass today (time run) was screwed up, some was my fault. I have one of the shifter gate plates install in the factory shifter.
I did the burnout 1-2 shift the just bumped it forward again into first.
When I launched with my hand on the shifter it fell back into second. I then pushed it back into first but obviously that runs was already screwed.

I should have pushed the button and gone to neutral then back to first.
I would have had to push the button for it to go to second.
A rookie mistake that I hope to not do again.
You live and learn.

The other thing that kinda killed the run was letting out of it after seeing the guy in the other lane grenade his engine and seeing parts (wrist pins, rod parts, etc) heading into my lane.
He was just ahead of me so I saw all the shrapnel dancing across the track heading my way.

I still ran a 12.54 at 108 mph.

Of course there were rumors flying about Gateway and Monster Mopar and assorted issues.

What's the truth? Who knows....

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1435473
05/19/13 11:10 AM
05/19/13 11:10 AM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
The truth is on the inter webs.

It was very simple for the people who remember what happened involving test and tune on Thursday last year and the 40-50 dollar TNT fee the track decided to charge last minute. I came under some pretty heavy fire both at the track and on the forums about that which I had zero control over. It was not what I had been told or discussed with them. The track wanted to make x amount of dollars to run that TNT deal and the gouged the racers. I still don't think what they did was right and I still stand behind that.

But regardless of the situation or all the absolute childish rumor mill that I have heard in these last days about it, no one has even came close to knowing what they are talking about.

These are the things that will ruin the Mopar hobby guys.

As far as the reduced payout at mmw. It can only cost so much money to put on a show based on the amount that comes in the door. I have paid out of my pocket tens of thousands of dollars to make these races happen... Everyone of them has cost me money. Not made me money, so just remember that. Sponsorship money doesn't exist in this hobby right now. I'm grateful to the few that help me out with what they can but its simple math guys and I don t expect it to be anybetter anytime soon, but I'm not complaining. I signed up for this.

See you guys in June

Last edited by joshking440; 05/19/13 11:16 AM.
Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: joshking440] #1435474
05/20/13 03:45 AM
05/20/13 03:45 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Online tonguue
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Online Tonguue
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

The truth is on the inter webs.

It was very simple for the people who remember what happened involving test and tune on Thursday last year and the 40-50 dollar TNT fee the track decided to charge last minute. I came under some pretty heavy fire both at the track and on the forums about that which I had zero control over. It was not what I had been told or discussed with them. The track wanted to make x amount of dollars to run that TNT deal and the gouged the racers. I still don't think what they did was right and I still stand behind that.

But regardless of the situation or all the absolute childish rumor mill that I have heard in these last days about it, no one has even came close to knowing what they are talking about.

These are the things that will ruin the Mopar hobby guys.

As far as the reduced payout at mmw. It can only cost so much money to put on a show based on the amount that comes in the door. I have paid out of my pocket tens of thousands of dollars to make these races happen... Everyone of them has cost me money. Not made me money, so just remember that. Sponsorship money doesn't exist in this hobby right now. I'm grateful to the few that help me out with what they can but its simple math guys and I don t expect it to be anybetter anytime soon, but I'm not complaining. I signed up for this.

See you guys in June

The $40 Thursday Test & Tune definitely irritated some people but I don't see how anyone could blame Josh for that.
It was Gateway that charged that.

Everyone had the choice to pay it and get some runs in or decline.
Kayse and I paid it so we could get some runs in.
It was a choice, simple as that.

Until Friday at the track I hadn't heard that was part of issues that created the Monster Mopar, Gateway problems.

Rumors.

At Mega Mopar they didn't even off the option of test & tune runs on Thursday.
But then again there were 15-20 cars there a best then.

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1435475
05/20/13 09:23 AM
05/20/13 09:23 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
I had no real big issues with the race For those who complained that there was not many cars, that is the fault of those owners / drivers for not being there or showing up!
I got to race, Got a check I was happy!
Was there some issues, Yep! will they take care of it? I believe they will, Me and at other racers talked to the lady about some,and she took notes and promised that a lot of the issues will be addressed!

I wasn't called names, she listen , and agreed that she would take the advice along with others ideas
At least they are willing to talk to racers not belittle them ,
I speak my peace,some like it some don't,
The other show is a proven winner for years, and will always have it's following .
As for those who came and thought for some reason they was going to see the 'other show' here, It was not, it too has to grow,and they only way it does is you stick to it, address issues as you go, talk to the racers, when there is issues, make needed changes only,
I saw a lot of great things that could be a great start for this event,
Some forget the 'the other show' was just a Sunday race, and a car show, less than what we saw this weekend, so
It was great to see all the racers who did show up, and again the winners want to thank all who decided not to show!!

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: dennismopar73] #1435476
05/20/13 01:12 PM
05/20/13 01:12 PM
St. Charles, MO.
S
Slingshot383 Offline
mopar
Slingshot383  Offline
mopar
S

St. Charles, MO.
There were to many big events within a 5 hour drive of Gateway last weekend, that was part of the reason for the low car turnout, the political pissing match was part of the reason, and the still piss poor economy was the other reason. Low spectator count cat be attributed to lack of advertising, and the piss poor economy. Let's face it, we are fighting for a share of people entertainment budget, and unlike the stick and ball sports that get the free advertising by being on the new media on a daily basis, auto racing for the most part is ignored by the media. Any event like this will start out small with lots of lessons learned afterwards. If the track learns, and makes the correct corrections, the event will grow, simple as that.

1994 Undercover Chassis 125" altered stack injected big block, soon blown and injected Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: Slingshot383] #1435477
05/20/13 08:04 PM
05/20/13 08:04 PM
off the grid
340B5 Offline
pro stock
340B5  Offline
pro stock

off the grid
It would have helped if they would have advertised the 3K payout a little sooner.

Yeah, it's got a smallblock.
Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: Slingshot383] #1435478
05/25/13 11:09 AM
05/25/13 11:09 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

There were to many big events within a 5 hour drive of Gateway last weekend, that was part of the reason for the low car turnout, the political pissing match was part of the reason, and the still piss poor economy was the other reason. Low spectator count cat be attributed to lack of advertising, and the piss poor economy. Let's face it, we are fighting for a share of people entertainment budget, and unlike the stick and ball sports that get the free advertising by being on the new media on a daily basis, auto racing for the most part is ignored by the media. Any event like this will start out small with lots of lessons learned afterwards. If the track learns, and makes the correct corrections, the event will grow, simple as that.

It seams what is happening is actually to many events , all stacked up in several months, what used to be a event a year has turned to multible events during the spring/summer.at all tracks.
The economy has a little effect for some, But the biggest issue was the 'Political actions' taken by most!
There was lots of cars that didn't leave the garage.
Gateway advertised , and did a great payout, the issue is no one came to race for it,!
For the most part no one wants a event to go away,
we can say all the things that has been mentioned on this site and others.
is the reason it failed, It failed because racers didn't show for what ever reason being!
The track may have learned something, after lossing what they lost this weekend and on the others hard to stay open be there for the racers, when the racers are not there for the track!!!
Seams no one likes any of the dealings of Super Chevy/Ford/ Mopar, Every hopes they fail and do go away,!
The only issue with that is,Most of the tracks that host these are in the hands of the track, they are all part owners of it, so when they lose on 4 different styles of racing then the track can be in trouble .
Which is seen in so many areas, where tracks have folded up,
Did G M P make a bad choice??
How will it effect the rest of this years racing, or for that matter next years??
Last Time I checked ,It was always our decisions to go to any certain track or event.
Payouts play a big part, distance,and what track.what time of year is it held,

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: dennismopar73] #1435479
05/26/13 07:20 AM
05/26/13 07:20 AM
Missouri
68KillerBee Offline
master
68KillerBee  Offline
master

Missouri
Gateway hardly advertised at all. If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't have known about it. They used to play commercials on the radio even, not this year. Everything was lower all across the board. None of my family knew anything about it until I brought it up. Had they known sooner, that would have been at least 7-8 more cars in the show field alone. Instead they had my dad and I show up on Sunday for a little bit. Instead of the 7-8 cars plus 12-15 people they (Gateway) missed out on (I say "They" because I saw what was there and there wasn't anything I would have missed out on if I never went. Just my $15)
But one good point you have is there are too many shows/races to choose from.

I'll let this thread die now.

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: 68KillerBee] #1435480
05/26/13 11:24 AM
05/26/13 11:24 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

Gateway hardly advertised at all. If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't have known about it. They used to play commercials on the radio even, not this year. Everything was lower all across the board. None of my family knew anything about it until I brought it up. Had they known sooner, that would have been at least 7-8 more cars in the show field alone. Instead they had my dad and I show up on Sunday for a little bit. Instead of the 7-8 cars plus 12-15 people they (Gateway) missed out on (I say "They" because I saw what was there and there wasn't anything I would have missed out on if I never went. Just my $15)
But one good point you have is there are too many shows/races to choose from.

I'll let this thread die now.

It was advertised and played on a lot of the radio station ,in paper,on media and magazines, facebook, dragracing online.com,web sites
Biggest issue was the mess that started it, and those that could not get over it and move on was the straw ,I think the answer should have been when they lost power due to the new construction and seeing the lower car count, they should have just canceled it,
I am sure that was being tossed around by the powers that be!!

Re: Mega Mopar Series [Re: dennismopar73] #1435481
05/26/13 01:12 PM
05/26/13 01:12 PM
off the grid
340B5 Offline
pro stock
340B5  Offline
pro stock

off the grid
I did hear 1 radio advertisement. At the end the announcer says "This show is a Monster"....stopped right there for some reason

Yeah, it's got a smallblock.
Page 2 of 2 1 2