First off a little history before I explain the situation. I have a 97 XJ with a stroked 4.0 in it(4.6). Its got a slightly larger cam and ford 24lb injectors in it. The computer and everything else is stock. Its been in the jeep now for almost 9 years and has been flawless, it has about 50,000 miles on it. However I have had a problem with it kicking back on the starter ever since I put this motor in. I have checked lots of stuff with no luck, I just deal with it and put starters on it more often than I should have to. Its NEVER had a check engine light.

A few weeks ago I had to put a new distributor in because the shaft bushings were smoked in the old one and it was making noise. I put a brand new non reman distributor in. I originally just tried to swap it and out jacked up the install and it didn't want to run right. I then set it at TDC and re stabbed the distributor according to internet info I found lol. Now, it doesn't kick back on the starter and it hasn't ever since I changed the distributor. It runs perfect but it has a check engine light on about %80 of the time and a code 11, the codes go 12, 11, 55 and thats all that is there. Sometimes it will start and have no CEL and when it does this it lopes for a second then idles and runs perfect. If it starts up with a CEL it goes right to idle with no problem. I find it weird that it says that the timing is to far advanced but it no longer kicks back on the starter? Any ideas?

Thanks for any information

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
87 "Chrysler" Conquest