11/21/12 08:01 PM
11/21/12 08:01 PM
Georgia
K
kimber Offline OP
kimber  Offline OP
K

Georgia
I have a 1965 Plymouth Satellite with a conversion electronic ignition. It was working fine, then this week I replaced the engine, and when I hooked up everything back the car won't start. I'm not getting fire to #1 plug, so then I checked if I was getting power to the coil. I'm getting power to the coil, but no fire out of the coil to the distributor. Any ideas?

Re: Electronic Ignition problem [Re: kimber] #1339198
11/21/12 08:48 PM
11/21/12 08:48 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Check if the coil positive primary terminal and the ECU power terminal are getting fire in run and in crank. If good there seperate the dist pickup 2 wire zigzag connector & drag the male terminal of the eng half of that connector across a ground such as the intake to make/break continuity & if the coil secondary wire (dist end) held 1/4" from ground now sparks then all is good in the 'hood except the dist (pickup gap/continuity). If good there plug it back together & take off all wire(s) from the coil negative primary terminal & with a jumper wire with alligator clips make/break continuity to ground the coil primary negative terminal itself (not the wires you removed from the terminal) just like you did with the pickup connector & if the coil wire sparks then that only leaves the ECU/its' ground/its' supporting wiring as the culprit. 1st make sure you're getting fire to the coil/ecu in run and in crank. EDIT you can pull the yellow "ign" wire off of the starter relay to disable the starter while you are checking the crank side, no need to run the batt down & this eliminates the noise distraction & you know the starter/starter circuit works. Holler what it ends up being

Last edited by RapidRobert; 11/22/12 10:23 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth