10/28/12 03:25 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Finally! There it is! The Hemi Haines experience that I have been searching for! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience there, but you have contributed to my happiness that I have chosen Dan for my project! I'm glad that I posted the question on Moparts, and you guys came through for me again! THANKS GUYS!!!

You could have that same experience and worse with the fact that he was going to allow you to HELP with the build , there is the perfect out for him if there was ANY issue.

I spent the afternoon at Dan's yesterday, I live in New Hampshire, I've already had Dan machine and assemble one shortblock for me and I'll be packing my Hemi and my 383 based stroker 383 for him to take care of.

Having something like your Blown Hemi build, and pretty much anything except for maybe a basic stock rebuild , broken in and tuned on a dyno is money WELL SPENT in the long run.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: JohnRR] #1323843
10/28/12 06:32 PM
10/28/12 06:32 PM
Oregon
KillerCuda Offline
enthusiast
KillerCuda  Offline
enthusiast

Oregon
Quote:

You could have that same experience and worse with the fact that he was going to allow you to HELP with the build , there is the perfect out for him if there was ANY issue.

Having something like your Blown Hemi build, and pretty much anything except for maybe a basic stock rebuild , broken in and tuned on a dyno is money WELL SPENT in the long run.

amen to that brother. i WISH i had done a little more research. that, and the fact that i live on the west coast didn't help matters.

sash7, good luck on your build, and thanks to all the others in here that have chimed in. i myself will probably be contacting dan, to query him about a few hemi related questions i have, since i have no help from the source who built mine......

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: KillerCuda] #1323844
10/29/12 11:14 PM
10/29/12 11:14 PM
Delray beach, Florida
P
Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
Hey guys, Sorry it took so long to get back on here.
John, Hopefully all is well on the home front when you get back. It was great to see you again.

Lee, Yes, we do Gen 1 hemi's also. If you don't have someone else in mind please give me a call.

Killercuda, Just let me know if there's something i can help with. It's disturbing to hear your builder isn't helping with your issues though.

Steve, It was great talking with you. I think we have a pretty solid plan going forward. It should be a fun build.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: Performance Only] #1323845
01/03/13 03:21 AM
01/03/13 03:21 AM
Lynden, Wa
P
pmarvetz Offline
pmarvetz  Offline
P

Lynden, Wa
I'll throw in my 2 cents regarding Dan Dvorak, He is a thief and a liar. That's the best I can say about him.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: pmarvetz] #1323846
01/03/13 05:23 AM
01/03/13 05:23 AM
Western Washington
Sixgun Offline
top fuel
Sixgun  Offline
top fuel

Western Washington
I am truly sorry to see Uncle Dan D get such bad ink.I absolutely will not try and say you didn't see what you saw, or get (or didn't get)what you got.
Dan taught me some very valuable lessons many years ago about engines, and spent a lot of time with me on the phone long long before I ever bought anything from him.
My 500" siamese bore alloy headed motor may have cost me a little more than we discussed,but it was real close to what we agreed on.He got paid and shipped the motor.No BS.There was waaay less smooth talk and snake oil on that 10K build
than my last 2500 dollar flower planter from Oregon City.
I got what I paid for from Dan D.
Sorry it went sour for others.Really.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: Sixgun] #1323847
01/03/13 11:18 AM
01/03/13 11:18 AM
South-Central (Sebring), FL
Commando1 Offline
master
Commando1  Offline
master

Since this thread has roared back from the grave, AND since we have discussed Florida engine builders, anyone with experience from A.P.E. (Auto Performance Engines) in Auburndale, FL?

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: pmarvetz] #1323848
01/03/13 11:32 AM
01/03/13 11:32 AM
Pangaea
B5 Bee Offline
master
B5 Bee  Offline
master

Pangaea
Quote:

I'll throw in my 2 cents regarding Dan Dvorak, He is a thief and a liar. That's the best I can say about him.

Add drunk to the thief and liar list and that's the "No Dyno Dan" that I experienced 22 years ago.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: B5 Bee] #1323849
01/04/13 10:53 AM
01/04/13 10:53 AM
Commando1 Offline
master
Commando1  Offline
master

Quote:

Quote:

Add drunk to the thief and liar list and that's the "No Dyno Dan" that I experienced 22 years ago.

Who are you using today?

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: Commando1] #1323850
01/04/13 11:45 AM
01/04/13 11:45 AM
Pangaea
B5 Bee Offline
master
B5 Bee  Offline
master

Pangaea
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who are you using today?

Dave Hartman, Hart Beat Racing, Mt Dora FL. Most of his equipment came from Bo Laws' shop when it was closed down.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: B5 Bee] #1323851
01/04/13 02:15 PM
01/04/13 02:15 PM
central Florida
VL21 Offline
pro stock
VL21  Offline
pro stock

central Florida
Quote:

Quote:

I can feel the love from here!

It takes gasoline to interest me.
Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: VL21] #1323852
01/04/13 09:00 PM
01/04/13 09:00 PM
Oregon
KillerCuda Offline
enthusiast
KillerCuda  Offline
enthusiast

Oregon
back to the original person in question, i would LOVE to see eddie haines respond in a public forum to my claims of leaving me high and dry with no returned responses on an engine that is not right, after paying full price. maybe he lurks here, who knows. anyhow, i don't see how he can rely on his reputation for business, if he won't even deal with me, a paying customer, on resolving a problem. and mind you, i am VERY easy to work with, providing lots of wiggle room for a resolve, if you will just RETURN A PHONE CALL OR EMAIL.

anyway, big thumbs down on customer support from eddie haines.

7533181-IMG_2920_2.jpg (238 downloads)
Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: B5 Bee] #1323853
01/05/13 11:18 AM
01/05/13 11:18 AM
Commando1 Offline
master
Commando1  Offline
master

Quote:

Quote:

Who are you using today?

Dave Hartman, Hart Beat Racing, Mt Dora FL. Most of his equipment came from Bo Laws' shop when it was closed down.

Thanks.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: KillerCuda] #1323854
01/07/13 01:26 AM
01/07/13 01:26 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Quote:

back to the original person in question, i would LOVE to see eddie haines respond in a public forum to my claims of leaving me high and dry with no returned responses on an engine that is not right, after paying full price. maybe he lurks here, who knows. anyhow, i don't see how he can rely on his reputation for business, if he won't even deal with me, a paying customer, on resolving a problem. and mind you, i am VERY easy to work with, providing lots of wiggle room for a resolve, if you will just RETURN A PHONE CALL OR EMAIL.

anyway, big thumbs down on customer support from eddie haines.

I'm sorry but that is funny right there. Tell it like it is brother.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: KillerCuda] #1323855
01/07/13 01:54 AM
01/07/13 01:54 AM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Quote:

i recently had a 472 hemi engine built by eddie haines. it had some issues, had to go back, and he rectified them, but after installing it, my rear main leaked like a sieve. he has cut off all communication with me, saying "the agreement between buyer and seller has been met, i never implied there was any warranty". lame in my opinion, for the amount of money i spent there....

so, two engine pulls later on a freshly restored car to solve issues that had NOTHING to do with me, and plenty of my own money/labor going into shipping/gaskets/seals, etc, i had to do the work myself to repair the rear main leak. it's a nice engine, but he sucks in the customer service department.....

my two cents, from a paying customer of his. live and learn i guess........

Bummer that you went all the way to FL for that. You could've worked with a good engine builder here in Oregon and saved the hassle.

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: AndyF] #1323856
01/07/13 10:52 AM
01/07/13 10:52 AM
Oregon
KillerCuda Offline
enthusiast
KillerCuda  Offline
enthusiast

Oregon
Quote:

Bummer that you went all the way to FL for that. You could've worked with a good engine builder here in Oregon and saved the hassle.

AndyF, i couldn't agree with you more. 100%. i fell for the hype, and hindsight is 20/20, and i am humbled by this mistake this late in life. should have done more homework and kept it local. huge lesson learned, best lemonade i can make now is to try and help some others avoid my mess of a situation. i have trusted others word with good results, but this one? not so much....

i saw a link on your name/page, maybe you could be so kind as to shoot me a pm with some names of area hemi builders/tell me about that ar-engineering? thank you.......

d

Re: Eddie "HEMI" Haines...good or bad Hemi builder??? [Re: Hooligan] #2043128
03/31/16 11:22 PM
03/31/16 11:22 PM
Texas
M
mikejm Offline
mikejm  Offline
M

Texas
Steer clear from this clown. In my opinion, he is a con man. Yes, I went to his shop and it looked neat and clean and he does a pretty paint job on your motor but that's about all he did correct on my Gen I 392. I gave Eddie the best parts such as new Hot Heads aluminum cylinder heads, $1000 Titan pro oil pump, Crower billet cam, Arias pistons, and Bill Miller aluminum rods. All I got back from him was a ticking time bomb. The engine lasted 45 seconds at break in and then locked up. We found he did not check the valve springs' travel and they bottomed out causing extreme pressure on the valve train and cam...ultimately frying the cam bearings and damaging the cam, rocker bushings and shafts. In addition, I have an email from him instructing us exactly how to hook up the oil lines from the block to a remote filter adapter. He instructed us to do it backwards! He claims to be an early hemi expert. I would think before you nickname yourself "Hemi" Haines you would know the proper way to hook up the oil lines. He also bugged the heck out of me to give him a testimonial before I even fired the motor which I did but if you read between the lines I gave him a good rating based on what I knew up to that point and said nothing about engine performance. When I tried to contact him via email and phone about the issues I had with the engine he stopped communicating. I ended up using Mission Auto out of San Antonio and they did a beautiful job. I am using this engine in a wheelstander which makes it even more crucial that it is correct and I have made successful full 1/4 mile wheels up passes with it. There are plenty of good engine builders out there. Don’t be fooled by Eddie “Hemi” Haines’ b.s. and slick web site.

Last edited by mikejm; 03/31/16 11:27 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4