09/11/12 04:26 PM
09/11/12 04:26 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
No dry sumps allowed in SS. You can do it in Comp..Well a single stage external is it. No place I am aware of for the 99 but maybe we ovelooked something. So that will make it really tough with a 99.

As for Chris' motor I believe due to its size it woudl be an SS/AS, which might work or SS/AM deal and that is some stout territory. With the cubes might be really heavy too. I believe Leopold has the record in AS with a W8 Stratus, AM is a Sebring with a P5 if I recall at. Anyway I think that would be a decent fit for us. Should be able to qualify but dont have an engine. We will likely sell and do something more mundane like a 383 combo in a traditonal SS class.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Pro Stock Hemi 99 Discussion [Re: Al_Alguire] #1299976
09/11/12 10:12 PM
09/11/12 10:12 PM
Arkansas
A
Adrielp Offline
mopar
Adrielp  Offline
mopar
A

Arkansas
Quote:

No dry sumps allowed in SS. You can do it in Comp..Well a single stage external is it. No place I am aware of for the 99 but maybe we ovelooked something. So that will make it really tough with a 99.

As for Chris' motor I believe due to its size it woudl be an SS/AS, which might work or SS/AM deal and that is some stout territory. With the cubes might be really heavy too. I believe Leopold has the record in AS with a W8 Stratus, AM is a Sebring with a P5 if I recall at. Anyway I think that would be a decent fit for us. Should be able to qualify but dont have an engine. We will likely sell and do something more mundane like a 383 combo in a traditonal SS class.

Wes Leopold actually has a P5 combo in his new Stratus and set the record with the P5 engine combo in his Dodge Daytona. He now owns Douglas Stewarts/Bill Morse ex car which is a 03' or 05' Dodge Stratus.

Scott Gove has the SS/AM record with his 5 speed W8 powered Dodge Daytona but since he hasn't been racing very often, he is no longer the quickest SS/AM car in the country as John Clegg has dipped into the 7's a few times this year. He has a late 80's Firebird powered by a David Nickens built 455ci Pontiac.

In order to run the Hemi 99, you would most definitely have to use a remote pump with some inventive plumbing to make it work. I've seen quite a few Comp cars convert dry sump only motors to use a single stage external pump.

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III
Re: Pro Stock Hemi 99 Discussion [Re: Adrielp] #1299977
09/12/12 01:53 AM
09/12/12 01:53 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Guess maybe I had it backward then. I saw the Stratus very nice car, just did not see it with the hood up

The 99 could possibly be used but the cost involoved to figure out an oil system and destroke it so it does not have to weigh two tons are not worth the effort. Even as a Comp deal it would either need to be destroked or put back into it's true Pro Stock form.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3