NY usa
540challenger Offline
master
540challenger  Offline
master

NY usa
Quote:

Quote:

Found these guys today and it looks like they offer a custom 6 bolt Gen III head. http://pwrparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=154

The only advantage of this head is thicker decks for 30+psi of boost. The intake, exhaust and rockers are all the same.

A stock head can make just as much power, if not more.

There is alot of advantages to that head compared to the stock one

Here is that link

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f71/introd...er-head-310779/

This is a completely new casting made of A356 material. Thismaterial is approximately 2x the strength as an OE cylinder head.
All heads will bedrilled for both left and right exhaust bolt pattern and oil drain backs. Thisallows for heads to be interchangeable from side to side and also gives turbocars additional bolt holes for header flanges. One oil return will be pluggedusing a NPT plug to avoid leaks.
The deck thicknesshas been increased and additional features added for strengthening of thecylinder head deck.
Port wall thicknesshas been increased inside port and water jacket side, this allows for differentport shapes (smaller or larger) and adds strength to cylinder head.

All the turbo guys are going to love this head.

Granted 90% of the guys running genIII hemi's myself included the factory heads are more then enough

Re: New 6.2L Supercharged Hemi [Re: 540challenger] #1253796
11/20/12 02:13 PM
11/20/12 02:13 PM
Houston, Tx
A
AlexP Offline
I Live Here
AlexP  Offline
I Live Here
A

Houston, Tx
Most hemi guys can't use 900rwhp effectively due to IRS and weight. Plus, the 8's are already being touched with factory castings. The LX's are going to run into a saftey roadblock really soon.

If a drag pack car is to use them, they wont need near the power and the axle/trans is already better. 640 flywheel is already deep 9's for a DP car. Being that they're class racers and not exhibition or "unlimited" class racers...no DP is likely to use them.

I don't think they're going to be the hit that everyone is expecting. If they changed the intake port enough to put a better than Drag pack intake on or had changed the valve angles, then I would be interested. Wicked things can already be done to the Eagle and that is the thinnest of all the Hemi Heads. The port can be drastically changed...to the point that it doesn't even resemble a factory port.

I'm not trying to be a cynic, but rather to give an informed opnion to give reason to a bit of the "Hype".

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3