12/14/11 08:37 PM
12/14/11 08:37 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
As far as tires go, if I can't hook on the legal tires I need to go back to chassis set-up school.
Doug

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: old_racer] #1123013
12/14/11 08:42 PM
12/14/11 08:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

I bought my 1963 plymouth Belvedere new in 64. It is a stage III 426 aluminum car with all aluminum frontend with trunk mounted battery. It came with the new improved 518 stage III heads.I believe the fastest I went with it was 12.27 on a set of drag 500 slicks out back on SS springs.
I still race it to this day, only modifications I made were a set of Cal-tracs and hooker headers bumped up the compression and a roller cam for some more power,Dvorack prepped my heads years ago and we were able to go low 11's. 11.08
I still enjoy the NSS racing and love how these cars are still racing strong after all these years.

How about a picture! I'd love to see that car! They're is a guy that races with us once and a while at Cordova Ill. that has a 64 hemi aluminum Dodge that he bought I heard in 65,it's red and silver and it still has all the old lettering on it from back then and the aluminum is getting ratty here and there but its a real car and he's having fun with it, it's really neat to look at. I can't remember his name at the moment.
Russ

Yes I have a few pictures of the car now as it sits.My brother also has a 64 Aluminum Savoy. We both got them in White with Red interiors.
We still retain the factory lapbelts and pushbutton on the dash board.
I did however break the ball & trunion years ago and I put in a 65 slip yoke transmission.

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! #1123014
12/14/11 08:45 PM
12/14/11 08:45 PM
Connecticut
5126brl No more Offline
top fuel
5126brl No more  Offline
top fuel

Connecticut
Yes I have a few pictures of the car now as it sits.My brother also has a 64 Aluminum Savoy. We both got them in White with Red interiors.
I did however break the ball & trunion years ago and I put in a 65 slip yoke transmission.

Oh! I thought it was all original...

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! #1123015
12/14/11 09:01 PM
12/14/11 09:01 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

I bought my 1963 plymouth Belvedere new in 64. It is a stage III 426 aluminum car with all aluminum frontend with trunk mounted battery. It came with the new improved 518 stage III heads.I believe the fastest I went with it was 12.27 on a set of drag 500 slicks out back on SS springs.
I still race it to this day, only modifications I made were a set of Cal-tracs and hooker headers bumped up the compression and a roller cam for some more power,Dvorack prepped my heads years ago and we were able to go low 11's. 11.08
I still enjoy the NSS racing and love how these cars are still racing strong after all these years.

I have to tell you I would love to own your car... That must of been awesome to walk into a Dodge or Plymouth dealership back then spend under 5k and walk out with a serious car with a max wedge with a crossram or a hemi......ood luck with your car post a picture of it if you have one...

Rob

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: actionange] #1123016
12/14/11 09:07 PM
12/14/11 09:07 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Casey.....Casey.....Casey....

I cant believer you think its just that easy to bolt on a nitrous plate and go that fast....LOL

Those that have never used it always like to dis-credit the people using it to go fast. Im not discrediting anyone...Just stated who i thought had the fastest NSS car, and his haters jump right on that. meanwhile i really dont know any of these guys other than to maybe say hi. This site is more biased than i thought, because im getting PM's about voicing my opinion in here??? WOW ....
AND i know how hard it is to go 8 anything WITH OR WITHOUT nitrous...SO props to all the fast NSS cars out there getting it done while still maintaining that 1960's look.

Also accept my apology if you took my sarcasm the wrong way, just indicating that a lot of Mopar guys really are stuck in the 60's...in technology as well as mentally...LOL

PEACE

PS...Just re-read your post, all i want is for the "haters" to see that yes SSR is going in the 8's with just an Indy head, very 1960's appearing car. Thats all...AND for the record, when i get on the same track/pits as SSR im going to show him what a real street car runs like

Yes your right he just broke into the 8's he went an 8.97 in Nov in great air and it was 55 deg out...

Tony we are waiting for your dart to take out that 1200 hp TS motor next season... His car was supposed to go 8.20's from what I recall reading under his car picture...

He went the 8.90's with the light blue 65 dodge. The black car has gone 8.50's and still tying to sort it out.

Did you see it run 8.50's?

DID YOU? I know I DIDN"T see it either but what's the point? This is a nice informative thread and now the doubting and question comment.

Do I have to send you back into your garage like I sent Al the other day?

LMFAO Ang im not AL ill send you somewhere else my friend... Dont kill this thread its going good..."ANYWAY BACK TO YOU JIM"

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: joshking440] #1123017
12/14/11 09:09 PM
12/14/11 09:09 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

So we are 100% positive that a B-1 is legal, and a sheet metal intake is legal....... so what if a SS/AH car shows up on a 10.5 and no transbrake.....whats the ruling there

Im thinking I need to put up a few thousand dollars for a heads up NSS shoot out.......

Maybe we can get SSR to come out and run Poppa J and they dont even have to put up any money! That way we can really find out who has the fasted NSS car

And I know, its a bracket race.....but Mopar racers as a whole would rather chase a timeslip than win a bracket race and we all know that....I Know I do

I know Casey will show up thats for sure.... But the heads up NSS race sounds good to me.. Maybe we can get Tony with his dart to run BigFoot now that sounds like a better race...

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: NoJoke] #1123018
12/14/11 09:28 PM
12/14/11 09:28 PM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I cant believer you think its just that easy to bolt on a nitrous plate and go that fast....LOL

Those that have never used it always like to dis-credit the people using it to go fast. Im not discrediting anyone...Just stated who i thought had the fastest NSS car, and his haters jump right on that. meanwhile i really dont know any of these guys other than to maybe say hi. This site is more biased than i thought, because im getting PM's about voicing my opinion in here??? WOW ....
AND i know how hard it is to go 8 anything WITH OR WITHOUT nitrous...SO props to all the fast NSS cars out there getting it done while still maintaining that 1960's look.

Also accept my apology if you took my sarcasm the wrong way, just indicating that a lot of Mopar guys really are stuck in the 60's...in technology as well as mentally...LOL

PEACE

PS...Just re-read your post, all i want is for the "haters" to see that yes SSR is going in the 8's with just an Indy head, very 1960's appearing car. Thats all...AND for the record, when i get on the same track/pits as SSR im going to show him what a real street car runs like

Yes your right he just broke into the 8's he went an 8.97 in Nov in great air and it was 55 deg out...

Tony we are waiting for your dart to take out that 1200 hp TS motor next season... His car was supposed to go 8.20's from what I recall reading under his car picture...

He went the 8.90's with the light blue 65 dodge. The black car has gone 8.50's and still tying to sort it out.

DID YOU? I know I DIDN"T see it either but what's the point? This is a nice informative thread and now the doubting and question comment.

LMFAO Ang im not AL ill send you somewhere else my friend... Dont kill this thread its going good..."ANYWAY BACK TO YOU JIM"

Sorry Rob! In keeping with the Christmas spirit I'm don't want thread to stop. Thats why I commented as I did.
This is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise rotten world.
I'm going back to the garage now to do more work on my car.
On another note lets ALL meet at the Beaver in July so all the really fast NSS cars can duke it out- East coast vs Mid west. OK?
BTW- Who's JIM?

6967349-SSRbuilding.jpg (104 downloads)
Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: actionange] #1123019
12/14/11 09:31 PM
12/14/11 09:31 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PEACE

Sorry Rob! In keeping with the Christmas spirit I'm don't want thread to stop. Thats why I commented as I did.
This is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise rotten world.
I'm going back to the garage now to do more work on my car.
On another note lets ALL meet at the Beaver in July so all the really fast NSS cars can duke it out- East coast vs Mid west. OK?
BTW- Who's JIM?

Have fun in your garage.... By the way can the picture be any smaller?

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! #1123020
12/14/11 09:36 PM
12/14/11 09:36 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about a picture! I'd love to see that car! They're is a guy that races with us once and a while at Cordova Ill. that has a 64 hemi aluminum Dodge that he bought I heard in 65,it's red and silver and it still has all the old lettering on it from back then and the aluminum is getting ratty here and there but its a real car and he's having fun with it, it's really neat to look at. I can't remember his name at the moment.
Russ

Are both cars auto or stick? White with red sound nice to me....

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: NoJoke] #1123021
12/14/11 09:53 PM
12/14/11 09:53 PM
Michigan
G
Get-X Offline
mopar
Get-X  Offline
mopar
G

Michigan

Here's the fastest NSS car, it just doesn't know it yet!

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup
Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: Get-X] #1123022
12/14/11 09:56 PM
12/14/11 09:56 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Nice how about some more pictures....

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: NoJoke] #1123023
12/14/11 10:01 PM
12/14/11 10:01 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
So we are 100% positive that a B-1 is legal, and a sheet metal intake is legal....... so what if a SS/AH car shows up on a 10.5 and no transbrake.....whats the ruling there

Im thinking I need to put up a few thousand dollars for a heads up NSS shoot out.......

Maybe we can get SSR to come out and run Poppa J and they dont even have to put up any money! That way we can really find out who has the fasted NSS car

And I know, its a bracket race.....but Mopar racers as a whole would rather chase a timeslip than win a bracket race and we all know that....I Know I do

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: joshking440] #1123024
12/14/11 10:05 PM
12/14/11 10:05 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

SS/AH car should be totally legal I dont see why it wouldnt be but it would have to be a NSS/FX race then because of the sheetmetal intake since I have the same issue...

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: NoJoke] #1123025
12/14/11 10:16 PM
12/14/11 10:16 PM
Texas
dannysbee Offline
master
dannysbee  Offline
master

Texas
Being it ia a race for the fastest it stands to reason that the AFX NSS cars would be the ones competing. The SS/AH car will have to change tires.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.
Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: joshking440] #1123026
12/14/11 10:19 PM
12/14/11 10:19 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

i for 1 run a cast crossram and yes id like to see a ah car with 10.5 and no transbrake run. im sure they would get down the track but it may be difficult for them. and my hats off to those guys for going as fast as they are.

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: Get-X] #1123027
12/14/11 10:22 PM
12/14/11 10:22 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

where lol.

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: ro23car] #1123028
12/14/11 10:23 PM
12/14/11 10:23 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: ro23car] #1123029
12/14/11 10:28 PM
12/14/11 10:28 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
maybe the real qusetion should be who has the fastest nmca nss/nss fx car. and who has the fastest nss 420 car because of the different rulesi.e tire size,not electrics.sheetmetal vs cast intake and so on. i would run in a nss shootout. p.s on my 10.5's

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! [Re: ro23car] #1123030
12/14/11 10:37 PM
12/14/11 10:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless this is wrong,this seems to be the fastest NSS time to date.I may be wrong since I'm an ol'fart and this is from a very old article.

http://www.moparmax.com/events/2010/v_10-monstermopar-3.html

Re: NSS Record Holder!!!! #1123031
12/14/11 10:47 PM
12/14/11 10:47 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline OP
mopar
NoJoke  Offline OP
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Unless this is wrong,this seems to be the fastest NSS time to date.I may be wrong since I'm an ol'fart and this is from a very old article.

http://www.moparmax.com/events/2010/v_10-monstermopar-3.html

From what Casey said Sanders and Habura with Keeping The Faith car both went 8.49....

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17