Print Thread
Headlights wont turn off???????????????? #1110114
11/09/11 10:52 AM
11/09/11 10:52 AM
NJ
64cuda Offline OP
64cuda  Offline OP

NJ
My 64 Barracuda just had the engine rebuilt. Working fine. Ran the car the other day for a bit when turned off the headlights would not turn off... Had to disconnect battery last night for it to stop. Can this be an issue with the voltage regulator. I belielve that it might be bad and am going to change it?

Any suggestions or info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks Guys...

Re: Headlights wont turn off???????????????? [Re: 64cuda] #1110115
11/09/11 11:11 AM
11/09/11 11:11 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
I'm assuming the HL sw is clicking at it's 2 regular postions when you pull the knob out? Batt cable off then pull knob out all the way then reach underneath and press the nub under the HL sw & hold it & pull the knob/shaft all the way out then unscrew th front bezel and take out the sw backwards far enough so you can easily take off the bakelite electrical connector from it then the switch is free in your hands. Put the shaft/knob back in & depress the nub so the shaft will lock all the way back in & at that point with your VOM ohm it & see if you have continuity from the "in" power feed terminal to the headlight "out" male terminal. Should not. If you do the sw is bad assuming the knob/shaft is seated all the way forward. If no continuity put the batt cable back on and start to plug the sw back into the connector with the shaft still all the way in (headlights in off position) & see if the headlights go on & if so check the connector for burnt/crossed wire(s) or a crossed connection downstream. I'm thinking maybe the knob/shaft just isn't seated as the nub has to be depressed for the shaft to seat all the way into the sw

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth