Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
Steve Earwood ( pres of Rockingham Dragway) held a meeting of the NC Motorsports Assoc. last week NC has the same laws, that are now being enforced on I-85 and this presents a big problem with the 1st annual Carolina Nationals NHRA race in Sept @ the new Lowes Dragstrip.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: SLEDGEHAMMER] #102946
08/11/08 05:15 PM
08/11/08 05:15 PM
Big Western Pencilveinya
U
Uncle Barry Offline
super stock
Uncle Barry  Offline
super stock
U

Big Western Pencilveinya
then if people has to have a cdl to haul their race cars with their pickups, they should be allowed to take their cdl driving exam with their pickups. i would like to see somebody try and pull that off. you and i know that wouldnt be allowed to happen.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: Uncle Barry] #102947
08/11/08 05:25 PM
08/11/08 05:25 PM
Maryland
S
SLEDGEHAMMER Offline
enthusiast
SLEDGEHAMMER  Offline
enthusiast
S

Maryland
Quote:

then if people has to have a cdl to haul their race cars with their pickups, they should be allowed to take their cdl driving exam with their pickups. i would like to see somebody try and pull that off. you and i know that wouldnt be allowed to happen.

I did it....with my F350 and my 32Ft Enclosed trailer.

I have my "restricted" Class A CDL. I don't have my air brake endorsement which is why it is restricted.

When I presented my registration of the truck and trailer they were like you can't use this for your CDL driving test. I pointed out don't go by the registrations go out to the truck and open the door. That is what the DOT officer is going to do...the sticker in the door is 13000lbs on the truck and my trailer is 15500lbs.

Then I stated the last time I checked at 28500lbs...I need a class A CDL. So if I need a CDL to drive this vehicle why can I not present it to take the test? They could not give me a reason why I couldn't so off we went for my road test.

1971 Dodge Dart - Powerplant <<TBD>>
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: SLEDGEHAMMER] #102948
08/11/08 05:37 PM
08/11/08 05:37 PM
Fort Pierce, FL
O
Outlaw10_5 Offline
super stock
Outlaw10_5  Offline
super stock
O

Fort Pierce, FL
At least for FL, what about...

S2296 GENERAL BILL by Posey; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Commercial Motor Vehicles [EPCC]; Exempts certain vehicles that
occasionally transport personal property to and from closed-course
motorsport facilities from the definition of "commercial motor vehicle"
for the purposes of statutory provisions relating to state uniform
traffic control and statutory provisions governing motor vehicle
licenses and driver's licenses, etc. EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/2008.
- - - - - - - -

CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.
An act relating to commercial motor vehicles; amending s.
316.003, F.S.; exempting certain vehicles that
occasionally transport personal property to and from
closed-course motorsport facilities from the definition of
"commercial motor vehicle" for purposes of statutory
provisions relating to state uniform traffic control;
amending ss. 320.01 and 322.01, F.S.; exempting certain
vehicles that occasionally transport personal property to
and from closed-course motorsport facilities from the
definition of "commercial motor vehicle" for purposes of
statutory provisions governing motor vehicle licenses and
driver's licenses; providing an effective date.
Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. Subsection (66) of section 316.003, Florida
Statutes, is amended to read:
316.003 Definitions.--The following words and phrases, when
used in this chapter, shall have the meanings respectively
ascribed to them in this section, except where the context
otherwise requires:
(66) COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE.--Any self-propelled or towed
vehicle used on the public highways in commerce to transport
passengers or cargo, if such vehicle:
(a) Has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or
more;
(b) Is designed to transport more than 15 passengers,
including the driver; or
(c) Is used in the transportation of materials found to be
hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials
Transportation Act, as amended (49 U.S.C. ss. 1801 et seq.).
A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and
from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s.
549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if it is not used
for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in
this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a
payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit
provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying
activity, other than the display of product or corporate names,
logos, or other graphic information on the property being
transported.
Section 2. Subsection (26) of section 320.01, Florida
320.01 Definitions, general.--As used in the Florida
Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:
(26) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is
not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses
special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has
a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or
more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when
the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross
vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal
property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as
defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if
the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not
involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate
sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind
service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in
relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of
product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information
on the property being transported.
Section 3. Subsection ( of section 322.01, Florida
322.01 Definitions.--As used in this chapter:
( "Commercial motor vehicle" means any motor vehicle or
motor vehicle combination used on the streets or highways, which:
(a) Has a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or
more;
(b) Is designed to transport more than 15 persons,
including the driver; or
(c) Is transporting hazardous materials and is required to
be placarded in accordance with Title 49 C.F.R. part 172, subpart
F.
A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and
from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s.
549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not
for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in
this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a
payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit
provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying
activity, other than the display of product or corporate names,
logos, or other graphic information on the property being
transported.
Section 4. This act shall take effect July 1, 2008.

And unless somthing has changed, there is no way to tag a FL trailer RV. All tags are just tags and not for "purpose". Cargo and RV - same tag.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: Outlaw10_5] #102949
08/11/08 05:48 PM
08/11/08 05:48 PM
541 slobovia
A990 Offline
master
A990  Offline
master

541 slobovia
I have to chime in here with a question.

Just what is meant by "...a highway in interstate commerce"...

Im sorry, but hauling to a shop or car show or test~n~tune etc is hardly commerce

(Sounds like Florida inserted some common sense verbiage)

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: B G Racing] #102950
08/11/08 06:38 PM
08/11/08 06:38 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
"The Not So NEW DOT Regulations That Impact Car, Boat, and Horse Enthusiasts
By Mary Cedeno

The Regulations are NOT new. They seem new because we simply went on our merry way before and never thought about them. But when our friends started getting pulled over and cited and told to get US Dept. of Transportation (USDOT) numbers, they kind of got our attention.

However, simply obtaining a DOT number is not where the difficulty lies. It is what comes AFTER that. Any commercial vehicle operating in interstate commerce, who obtains a USDOT number, is required to abide by the FMCSA Safety Regulations. This includes keeping a daily log book, certain safety training, vehicle inspections, annual log reviews, etc and so on…obviously meant for COMMERCIAL transporters. There are strict requirements for these log books, it’s not simply writing down your mileage from one place to the next. If you are interested in learning more about these regulations, you can stop at any truck stop and purchase the 661 page “Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook” for about $5. Oh, but don’t forget to grab the $2 (or so) “Official Deluxe Duplicate Copy DRIVER’S DAILY LOG” – because you’ll need that too if you get your USDOT number and intend to travel across state lines (even with your hobby race or show car).

Hobbyists, trailering their car, horse or boat to an event, are being stopped on the roads by enforcement officers all across the country and told they need a DOT number. The hobbyists are simply taking their hobby vehicle to a show or race event. They are on the road perhaps five or six times a year with their vehicles, in summer weather usually, and often towing some of their most valued possessions. To hold hobbyists to the same commercial standards as commercial transporters simply does not make sense. And the lawmakers obviously agreed - which is why they specifically wrote certain applicability requirements into the exceptions of the regulation.

Specifically, 390.3(f) Exceptions. Unless otherwise specifically provided, the rules in this subchapter do not apply to -

(f)(3) The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise;

Even with the Guidance below, supplied by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, hobbyists are being stopped and cited by enforcement officers.

Question 21: Does the exemption in §390.3(f)(3) for the “occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for compensation nor in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise” apply to persons who occasionally use CMVs to transport cars, boats, horses, etc., to races, tournaments, shows or similar events, even if prize money is offered at these events?

Guidance: The exemption would apply to this kind of transportation, provided: (1) The underlying activities are not undertaken for profit, i.e., (a) prize money is declared as ordinary income for tax purposes, and (b) the cost of the underlying activities is not deducted as a business expense for tax purposes; and, where relevant; (2) corporate sponsorship is not involved. Drivers must confer with their State of licensure to determine the licensing provisions to which they are subject.

SO, WHY ARE HOBBYISTS BEING TARGETED?
I asked a question of two different Federal Officers …What if a person is a member of a car club and the club obtains money from sponsors, the car is required to run the decals of the sponsors. The prize money for anyone who wins is made up partly of the money the club obtained from sponsors and partly from membership dues. Now, is that considered corporate sponsorship? BOTH of the agents I spoke with told me no, that would be prize money and the exception would still apply if they claimed it as regular income and did not write off expenses as part of a business. The difference is Corporate Sponsorship is what is paid to an individual whether they win a race or not, endorsement money is based on a driver winning and is therefore PRIZE money.

Part of the problem appears to be how the officer stopping you interprets what he/she is seeing. And, how do you, as the one being ticketed and potentially impounded, prove to the officer that you are simply a HOBBY racer and not in business or under a corporate sponsorship?

Even the people answering the phones at the FMCSA Help Line do not know about this exception and insisted anything over 10,000 lbs combined must have a DOT number. I spoke with supervisor after supervisor, until they finally referred me to the FMCSA Enforcement Office in Washington.

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
According to the IRS, a business venture needs to have profit as its primary motive and the individuals involved need to spend a substantial amount of time participating in the venture. In order to write off business expenses the business needs to be profitable within three years and have a profit two out of five years with very few exceptions to this rule.

Just because you may have a lot of money invested into it, unless it is specifically performed for PROFIT and your “business” turns a profit in at least two of five years (generally speaking), then you have yourself a hobby, not a business.

So here we are, the hobby racer, seemingly stuck in the middle of two opposing federal rules. But not so, the IRS clearly defines the rules of business, and with the GUIDANCE in question 21 above, the FMCSA has clearly defined “commercial”. But unless the enforcement officer agrees, you will still be ticketed.

CONSEQUENCES OF USDOT NUMBERING
Some of you are wondering, “Wouldn’t it be easier to just get the DOT number and be done with it?”

Well, if you are operating a commercial motor vehicle over 10,000lbs for business purposes, you have no choice, you must get the DOT number. However, if you are a hobbyist abiding by all the restrictions of the exception noted above, and you still want to get the DOT number and cross state lines, you WILL be subject to the DOT safety regulations just as they apply to the commercial truckers.

If you are driving a 26,000 lb or more CMV, you are most likely required to obtain a CDL (commercial drivers’ license). This will kick in even more restrictions, including annual drug and alcohol screening. However, if you are operating an RV - these CDL rules may not apply.

APPLICABLE OR NOT, HERE THEY COME
Well, here it is. The Federal government has given us an exception to the applicability of the DOT numbering requirements; they gave their guidance describing who exactly gets the exception. Both are available for review online by anyone who would like to look at them. And then we have the enforcement agent.

It seems that some of the DOT enforcement officers are unaware of the exception and may have never seen the interpretation in the FMCSA guidance documents. They may be having difficulty determining who IS a business and who is not. So, they appear to be requiring EVERYONE to get a DOT number….even though the regulation stipulates hobbyists as described above, don’t need one.

It’s the equivalent to hauling in all the redheads on the block because someone saw a redhead committing a crime. If the police did this, they would be in the wrong and there would be many, many people pointing it out. So where is all the fuss? Why isn’t anyone saying anything? I think folks are intimidated and afraid to speak out. After all, the enforcement officer wields a lot of power over the average driver and they CAN make your life difficult - if only for a short time.

In the end, hobbyists are subject NOT to the actual regulations, but to the INTERPRETATION by the officer who stops us on any given day, in any given state. Just because we may be right does not mean we won’t get stopped by an officer somewhere who sees the rules/regulations differently.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
If you ARE just a hobbyist and do not write off your expenses, and you want to take the exception, I suggest you not only carry a copy of the regulation and exception, but read it and understand it so that you can CALMLY explain it to the officer who may stop you. Because it sounds to me like the officers on the road are going to test your knowledge.

If you ARE cited, be sure take the opportunity to go to court to explain the situation and defend yourself. Because if you ARE just a hobbyist, the exemption in the regulations is written for YOU. If you do go to court, you might want to bring your tax records with you as proof.

Although all the States have adopted the federal regulation, be aware that individual States may have additional regulations written in to their traffic laws. It is your responsibility to contact the state where you plan to tow your vehicle and check on the regulations that apply. That is easier said than done of course. I personally was transferred over seven times on the phone when trying to find a DOT officer in one state who could tell me if they had any additional regulations that may apply. I ended up back at the first one who transferred me!

Don’t be shy. Contact your local track owners, state representatives and anyone else who will listen. There is an exception - if it does not apply to hobbyists - then who does it apply to?

RV’s AND THE USDOT NUMBERING REQUIREMENTS
OK, here’s the rub guys. You can get yourself a nice big toter home and tow your 50’ recreational stacker trailer anywhere you want and you won’t need to worry about those silly little DOT numbers. You can tow it all day long – cover 80ft of road and no worry. No USDOT requirements for RV’s used solely for recreational purposes, if you use them for business that’s something else and the regulations would apply.

CDL LICENSING
If your gross vehicle weight (GVW) or gross vehicle combined weight (GVCW) are over 26,000 lbs you are most likely required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). You might be able to get away with an RV Endorsement if you have an RV, but it varies from State to State and it might be easier just to get the CDL. However, the CDL licensing may kick additional regulations into play. Please contact your DMV office and ask the questions before you decide to get the CDL.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
FMCSA = Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

The specific regulation is 49 CFR 390.3
The FMCSA web site where the regulation and Guidance document are located are at:
www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/390reg.htm "

I have been told by a FMCSA rep that ALL states have adopted this federal regulation.
My suggestion is to make a copy of the exemption and give it to the nice officer when he tries to cite you. If he continues get his Name (first and last) his badge number the Zone/district he works in and his commander/commandant name. Let him know that when you go to court to fight said citation and win you are going to writ a lerter to the papers in his zone letting the area residents and public officials know the facts and the continued harassment the law enforcment people to do keeping you from spending $$$ in their area.
Now mind you better have your I's crossed and T's doted cause he's gonna look for something ... but be polite and firm with your information.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: B G Racing] #102951
08/11/08 07:09 PM
08/11/08 07:09 PM
Out West
408strokerdart Offline
master
408strokerdart  Offline
master

Out West
Quote:

The very pleasent DOT officer said this follows the federal transportation act guidelines. and if yor rig falls in the CDL requirements you must keep a log book.I will keep everyone informed as I go through the process and pending hearing and get more info.

Bob, If PA has so many extra DOT officers....maybe they can send them to the Border here in Texas to make sure all of the trucks coming across from Mexico are "safe". I see some of the biggest POS on the road hauling all over Texas with non functioning lights, re-treads getting ready to fly off, etc. Just ridiculous that DOT needs to be searching out the recreational tower.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: 408strokerdart] #102952
08/11/08 07:26 PM
08/11/08 07:26 PM
Charleston, SC
S
SCDaytona Offline
mopar
SCDaytona  Offline
mopar
S

Charleston, SC
So my Dodge 2500 is rated at 8800 GVW. My trailer is 28' and registered at 9900 GVW. If I have to go register the truck for 18700 GVW, I will have to register it as commercial in CT. Not going to happen. If this is where this country is going, it is a sad day for all of us. I have spoke with several officers in the past and they said I was legal as did the local DMV. Now what is the law stating if the people enforcing the law don't know.

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: 408strokerdart] #102953
08/11/08 07:28 PM
08/11/08 07:28 PM
Harrison, Arkansas
K
kdalters Offline
kdalters  Offline
K

Harrison, Arkansas
Well, I guess everybody figured out how the state of PA is going to pay for all those toll boths they are going to put on I80! Federal guidlines have been around for decades. Some states opted to use them, some didn't. To get more federal highway funds, some of the states that didn't now are following federal guidlines. Same process goes for smog testing. Some states don't do it, some do.Every now & then, the feds will pressure a state to follow fed guidlines for smog inspections to receive federal money for highway upkeep & construction. Kinda like when the proctologist has BOTH hands on your back during an examination!

Kerry

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: kdalters] #102954
08/11/08 07:32 PM
08/11/08 07:32 PM
Kissimmee Fl.
D
dusturbd340W5 Offline
master
dusturbd340W5  Offline
master
D

Kissimmee Fl.
looks like it may be time to go back to some POS open trailer and tell them where to stick it

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: dusturbd340W5] #102955
08/11/08 07:37 PM
08/11/08 07:37 PM
Fort Pierce, FL
O
Outlaw10_5 Offline
super stock
Outlaw10_5  Offline
super stock
O

Fort Pierce, FL
Bob, one thing that wasn't brought up (or maybe I missed it) was, how are your vehicles registered?

Are they in your name or your companies name?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: jcc] #102956
08/11/08 07:39 PM
08/11/08 07:39 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Guys, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for you. This topic has been hammered numerous times here on moparts. And the usual response was "it doesn't effect me, why should i care?" Well it does effect you, and the way you protect YOUR rights is by protecting the other guys rights first. Well did anybody now complaining speak up for the other guy? No I didn't think so.
you may want to reread your hax mat there has to be a certain quanity before you placard od need haz mat endorsement
These basic laws have been around for years. They constantly increase enforcement as they slowly tighten the noose. Just because you get away with something, doesn't mean that it will be the case for long. You are dreaming. IMO it is possible with a very strick interpretation of the existing laws to make almost every single truck on the road today illegal. What kind of legal system is that?

Back to specifics, there is one area IMO that should be the line in the sand on this whole matter. Please pay attention. You as a us citizen has certain rights. They are very difficult to mess with as much as those in charge try. However a business, which is anything commercial has zero constituitional rights. Therefore if the government can get something classified as "commercial", any laws can be passed and then enforced with no rights to worry about. "Commercial" is usually defined as any endeavor to attempt to recieve financial gain. Those that fit this category, join the rest of us in business and bend over, it is not going to end. The rest of you guys, weekend racers and hobbyists, raise stinking bloody murder, and just don't think becuase your state ie currently lenient, its not coming, and its a lot easier to start stopping it now.

You guys have no idea what you are in for.

PS Any commercial trailer over 10,000lbs requires at least a driver with a Class "A" CDL, random drug tested, yearly medical exam ( no BP over 140/90) and if hauling ANY hazard materials ( race fuel), every 2? years a criminal background check, and a curent up to date/hr 8 day log book if you are 100+ miles from home base for starts

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: ro23car] #102957
08/11/08 07:59 PM
08/11/08 07:59 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
I have known about this for quite awhile. I never worried about it because my bro in law always drives and he has his CDLs.

And the "not for profit" non commercial thing doesn't fly because what are you going to the track to try and win?

Money......

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: 408strokerdart] #102958
08/11/08 08:02 PM
08/11/08 08:02 PM
Northern N.J.
hemi_doug Offline
master
hemi_doug  Offline
master

Northern N.J.
Quote:

Quote:

The very pleasent DOT officer said this follows the federal transportation act guidelines. and if yor rig falls in the CDL requirements you must keep a log book.I will keep everyone informed as I go through the process and pending hearing and get more info.

Bob, If PA has so many extra DOT officers....maybe they can send them to the Border here in Texas to make sure all of the trucks coming across from Mexico are "safe". I see some of the biggest POS on the road hauling all over Texas with non functioning lights, re-treads getting ready to fly off, etc. Just ridiculous that DOT needs to be searching out the recreational tower.

The difference is the good people of PA can pay the fines....the Mexicans can't (or more likely DON'T)...and there in lies the rub....Like almost every traffic law....safety and common sense takes a back seat to $$$$$$$$$$$

71 440-6 4spd & 69 Hemi 4spd
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: hemi_doug] #102959
08/11/08 08:26 PM
08/11/08 08:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok...Help me understand. I have a new 08 Hemi Ram 1/2 ton--I have bought the extra weight on my NC tag to cover a combined 12000 lbs ( was some extra $$ but not too bad ) tag says WEIGHTED and my registration shows the 12000 OK I hook to my open trailer, go pick up a Roadrunner then I am approx 11000-11500 or so AM I OK?? Not a business, just found me a car and are heading home

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: ] #102960
08/11/08 08:43 PM
08/11/08 08:43 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
N
nasty68 Offline
nasty68  Offline
N

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I am still trying to understand this. I thought that the sticker inside the door was just for the maximum weight the truck could haul including passangers and cargo. I didn't think it had anything to do with a trailer, thats why (at least in my state) you tag your trailer for the maximum amount of weight it will haul. My trucks sticker says 11,200 but the truck is 7500 empty, and my trailer is tagged for 7,000 and hauls a 4,000 pound jeep (for now) so i would think i would be ok because i am under the gvw for the truck and trailer? This has me worried about hauling my trailer period.

68 dart, 383, 727
2013 Jeep JKU Sahara
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: ] #102961
08/11/08 08:44 PM
08/11/08 08:44 PM
Great White North Werst coast
runya Offline
mopar
runya  Offline
mopar

Great White North Werst coast
So what about car dollys or trailers you get from Uhaul or Penskie, will those require CDL if they are over the limit?

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: moparacer] #102962
08/11/08 08:57 PM
08/11/08 08:57 PM
541 slobovia
A990 Offline
master
A990  Offline
master

541 slobovia
Quote:

I have known about this for quite awhile. I never worried about it because my bro in law always drives and he has his CDLs.

And the "not for profit" non commercial thing doesn't fly because what are you going to the track to try and win?

Money......

But what if you are going to track to try and tune that bog etc?

Success....

Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: B G Racing] #102963
08/11/08 08:59 PM
08/11/08 08:59 PM
Mi.
G-Money1320 Offline
top fuel
G-Money1320  Offline
top fuel

Mi.
Quote:

I would think the log book would only come into play if you were traveling across country and were driving around the guidelines of maxing out the hours you drive. I have driven a truck for 22 years locally and have never had to fill out a log book!

416 stroker from Nick at Compu-flow. 11.14 in full street trim. Seems like a new best every time out.
11.06 open headers----so far!!
Re: Warning for racing rigs in Pa. [Re: runya] #102964
08/11/08 09:03 PM
08/11/08 09:03 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline OP
master
B G Racing  Offline OP
master

Eighty Four, PA
There is a manufacture max gross combination(towing) weight.My Dodge 3500 is gvw at 12,200lbs my max combination weight is rated at 23,000lbs.I can only licence my total combo weight at the 23,000lbs even though my trailer is rated at 16,000lbs.Last night I was weighed at 20,200lbs,my fine was based on the difference of my truck gross and combo gross weight,8000lbs.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12