Quote:

well TTI is great unless your car is manufactured wrong like mine was...my 71 barracuda 440-6 the pipes hit everything but the lottery, the tips stuck out to far...a total waste of 1000 bux if you ask me. when I called they told me my car must be manufactured wrong and it couldnt possibly be thier tail pipes...have a local shop bend you a system and put the other 600 bux into something else

I know of a few people that have said that about their installations, some of which that are very experienced with working on these cars. I found that on a couple of them, they tried to do the installation from the collectors on back, while we did ours from the tailpipes on forward. In our case, we did not have to do any cutting, just patience with a pry bar and keeping everything semi-loose to ensure the exhaust was where we liked it before we did the final tightening. It took a few hours to do it with the car up on jackstands. I'm sure it would have been much more pleasant on a lift. I will say the tips are not exactly centered in the rear valance, but that could be from it being a re-pop valance instead of original equipment. Or...a mixture of both.

I don't have any first hand experience with TTI headers, for my wife's car is running Hooker Comps and our other cars have fabricated headers.