Funny to hear some of the comments about the strange/odd/harsh feel of the bias ply tires because I'm old enough to have experienced the "strange, wiggly, soft, squirmy feel" of radials when they first started to become popular in the late '60's-early '70's. The radial tires always looked under inflated and all of the "road feel" went away which at the time was not considered a good thing A lot of drivers didn't like radials at first and if you asked guys what they thought you got almost a reverse of what is written here "you'll lose a lot of road feel and they squirm and........" I guess you could argue about how bad all of the old technology is from not having four wheel independent suspension and not having four wheel disc brakes and no variable ratio power steering and........ I guess if I get a set of bias ply tires and drive on them for a while I can have the wife complain about the terrible harsh ride for a while then put a set of radials on a set of 15" wheels and have the road feel go away and the car squirm and wiggle down the road just like the old days

But these sure look nice IMO

MikeR

6360462-g70-14-rs_21.jpg (189 downloads)