Hi All, I figured I would record my restoration (it will move slowly) here as I spend a lot of time on the site reading and following others restorations. I am also on the 71-74 site. This is my Y8 1972 Dodge Charger SE Brougham (production date 7-71) that I purchased from Nigel at National Moparts it was a rust-free North Carolina car that was parked due to a bad transmission and brought to Canada. To keep it running and because it was also a 318 car I swapped in my old 318 & TorqueFlite 727 from my first SE and drove it for about 5 years. It was last registered and on the road in 1992. It's traveled with me from place to place waiting for a restoration. I guess it's time to track what I will be doing, I am not a mechanic (or a body guy) but I have enjoyed working on my cars since I was young. I learned a lot early on from not having a lot of money to pay someone else to do the work for me. Funny enough now in my 40s I still don’t have the money.

This is basically how I bought it in August of 1992, I put on my Western Turbine rims that I had on my previous SE. It did come with 14" Rallye's which I sold to a guy with a Challenger. Then I bought a set of 15x7 Rallyes from Motor City Originals. Shortly after getting it home I added the Year One front spoiler, I also added the dual cut-out exhaust rear valence from a '74, it was pretty rusted, I cleaned it up and painted it, thought it looked cool even though my exhaust was nowhere near the openings. I never would have thought that 17 years later there would be new ones being produced, thanks AMD.

I’m not sure on the colour, I could go original but I probably won’t. I’m just adding the parts to it that I like such as the Ramcharger hood, front & rear spoilers, buckets, console with shifter, R/T taillights, hood pins and a tachometer to replace the clock. As far as the engine I will probably go with a 360.

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions guys/gals.

Those are P275/60R15's on the rear and up front P255/60R15's.

Rattle-can WAL-Mart black primer:

Yes it has the rear spoiler decklid cut-outs and yes it is the original '72 decklid.  :2thumbs:

Here she sits, March 2007 just after me moved to the new house, double-car garage... finally, now I'll have some room to work on it. Don't really have a budget, I'll probably fund some of it by selling some of my extra "back-up" pieces (yes still have a few). This will be a slow restoration that's for sure, I'll be doing as much as I can.

Removed the hood, decklid, fenders, doors, etc.

Not too bad behind the fenders:

Quite a bit of undercoating.

Some rear shots:

Last edited by CDN72SE; 05/03/18 03:08 PM.