Quote:

thanks for this update! i've been thinking of switching my cast housing and pump to this but have been worried about what i've read in the Tech section about restrictions. please let me know how this works out for you!

The post above by GTX Ken was a thread I started on the Charger board. The 440 source housing was a big problem at that time. The overheating issue was resolved with a stock housing & HV Milodon pump.

My new engine is a pump gas 572 and it now has a Mancini Racing housing and pump: http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/brbhigvolwat1.html

The engine runs cool and water circulation across the top of the rad is very good...even at idle. The Mancini waterpump is a dead ringer for the Milodon HV pump and the housing has nice large radiused passages into the block. I would not hesitate to use the Mancini setup....it's working fine on a 700hp roller cammed street car with an aluminum rad and pusher fan.

Worth noting ; a buddy has a 440 source WP housing and i checked it out before we installed it on his motor. The passages were fine but his has the 440 source logo cast into the housing and mine didn't. They must have changed suppliers at some point and somebody dropped the ball. The logo version housing seems to work fine on my friends 440 which is a mild build and is regularly street driven.

Ron