Quote:

Had to comment on not seeing anything covering the top of the carb while on the stand. We destroyed an expensive Pontiac Superstock motor 20 years ago because a magnetic screwdriver bit fell down in there, and upon startup, it ran for about 10 seconds, and stopped very quick. The bit had jammed itself between the piston and the cylinder wall. Don't want anyone else to ever go through that.

Won't be a problem on this one...nothing is bolted on. In fact, at this moment, the carb is sitting on a shelf. The intake is just sitting on there, holding the belly pan in place, with masking tape over the port holes. I also peeled off the old masking tape over the exhaust ports when I set the headers on for the pics, then recovered with new tape when I was done. There is also a shop rag that is stuffed in the distributor hole. The only thing that really isn't "sealed up" is the water jackets around the water pump housing, which is just kinda held in place with a couple loose bolts. I know this probably isn't the best way to store an engine, but it's what I've got. I have pulled the plugs and shot some wd-40 inside and turned it over by hand. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that again.

But thanks for looking out for me.