I'm slowly working on gathering the parts needed to swap a 440 into my 86 truck. I've already got all the parts that everyone says you need for the swap: motor mount brackets, rear sump pan with dipstick and pickup, and headers. I also need a small booster, but I will get that new and I do have the bb trans also.

My question concerns the use of headers and what type of plug wires do I need: straight boot or 90 degree? The motor has the 452 heads if it makes a difference. The wires are on my list of items I still need to get, along with the rest of the tune-up (plugs and cap/rotor), a carb, air cleaner, and a kickdown cable. Other than that, I just need the basic essentials like belts and fluids.

I was looking at some plug wire sets online and the one thing that kept coming up was straight or 90* boots so I need to figure out which I need to use with the headers. I'm thinking the straight ones might be best. What do you suggest? Also, can anyone recommend a good set of wires for around $50? I'd love to buy the Firecores, but they are way beyond my price range.

Thanks!