Page Two

mopargord
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 06:40 PM

I've got a lot of thankyou's to say! First to John for a splendid effort in organizing this much needed get-together to ward off the winter blahs and for such a great job on the name tags Thanks a bunch John!! Next, too Mr. & Mrs. Unlawfl, thanks for being such generous hosts AGAIN! Joan and I enjoy seeing you guys and the "pups" so much.
It was great to meet a few more moparts members and to catch up with a few familiar faces.
We had a great time all weekend and hope to see more of you guys and gals at future moparts get togethers.
Thanks again John!

===============================

onebadsuperbird
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 06:52 PM

Gord, you're very welcome! Glad y'all had a good time and a safe trip home! Hope to see y'all again soon!
John
OneBadSuperbird

===========================

Dart Girl
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 06:57 PM

I really wanted to be there and I think I might have been in "spirit" if anything.
Hey Jon, I'm glad no tornadoes or other natural disasters occured. Maybe it's best I did stay away...I have a vision of the museum floating away into a wicked twister and me just stading there with my hands in my pockets going "damn!"

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I hope to be at the next one of these get togethers wheater you guys like it or not....

==============================

onebadsuperbird
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 07:05 PM

DG, oh trust me, you were there in spirit alright! When I came up out of the basement of the museum, which is where the Hemi display is, the first thing I thought of was you when i looked out the window and seen that it was snowing! It may not have been a tornado but somehow you managed to affect the weather again!
And, yes, I can quite easily picture you standing there saying "damn" as the entire rest of the museum swirled away!

Actually though, we did miss not having ya there. It was a lot of fun and you definitely would have spiced up the afternoon some!

John
OneBadSuperbird

71T/A
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 07:43 PM

Was cool talking with Dave "H." since he was from the hood, I didn't know and not overly concerned that his is a shooter at MP. Just a friendly guy with an unusual amount of Mopar info that "caught my full attention".
Like I emailed Dale, a couple years ago I was pushing my daughter on a swing and talked to another guy for a 1/2 hour while he was pushing HIS daughter. Nice guy. Kinda quiet. We talked about kids and the neighborhood. As I was leaving the park I bumped into another neighbor who said "Jim! That was Steve Yzerman (SP?)". Yeah so. Seemed like a nice guy and since I am REALLY not into sports he probably appreciated the chat without all the usual baggage. Too bad he moved to Bloomfield Hills. Nice guy.

Hope to bump into Dave H. again. He said he and some other Mopar guys grab a coffee at a local coffee shop sometimes. He was also mentioning an origianl Ramchargers guy that lived in Grosse Pointe Park. THAT might have been the guy I spoke to on the phone and emailed a couple times before I bought my Challenger. He had a 70 Hemi Cuda for sale for $62K. I just called to ask if he was the guy on Lincoln Rd in Grosse Pointe that has a B7 AAR in the garge and local rumor (actually a casual friend who own a realestate company over here) has it, this Chrysler exec/eng had stored a dozen Mopars in neighbors garages. It wasn't him but he DID invite me over to see the car's he said he presently had. Said he had gone thru DOZENS of very high profile Mopar muscle cars over the years. MUST be the Ramchargers guy. I remember searching his name on Google and saw he went to Liggett (a private school on this side of town) with Art Van's boys. Only info I could find on this anonymous "Mopar" person. You would think if he was a Ramchargers guy it would turn up on the net. I JUST DON'T remember the name now. Maybe Dave H. can help me with it.

=================================

1967gtx440
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 08:04 PM

Carol and I just want to say "THANKS" for the great time and the great name tags I put ours in the GTX all ready for future use. Wish we could have stayed longer and meet more people but we had to be back home by five o'clock. I am planing on going to some cruise's this summer in Mich.hope to see and meet more great Mopar and Mopart people.
"HAPPY NEW YEARS" and all the best.
Murray & Carol Lewis

peelerboy
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 10:23 PM

Hey Dean... no sweat whatsoever. It's just after talking to Dave that I got the impression he was going to let everyone else know who he worked for at his own speed. Like I had told Jim (71 T/A), Dave just didn't want anyone copping an attitude towards him since he worked for MP/Chrysler. (good, bad or indifferent) NOOO problem. Really.
Dale

Todd DesMarais
Moparts Member
posted 12-29-2002 10:45 PM

Hey everyone, I had a great time. Thanks to John for setting it up! I had an encounter with one of the museum folks. I was looking real close at the 66 belvII( for obvious reasons) and the heavyset woman literaly came sprinting over to me saying to get back. I was on my side of the barrier, but was pointing close to the side moulding. She calmed down when she realized I wasn't touching, then said "I bet you are restoring one of these". Did my enthusiasm show that much??
As for David H. I knew who he is, but never take advantage of peoples positions. The volunteers were talking about him owning the green charger, but had no idea of who he is. I had to let them in on the secret. Sorry
Any idea when the W.P.C. swap is??
T.

p.s. for those who didn't meet me, I was the one wearing the leather outback hat.

================================

TX9AAR
posted 12-30-2002 01:01 AM

I remember thinking Dave Hakim was so cool cause he had a GLHS Omni when he was at Mancini. My best friend had his car (1970 440-6 challenger) in the Mancini exhibit at the Autorama in 1988? I met Dave there and he gave me tips for my lowly GLH turbo.I was only 16 but I still remember drooling over that car in the parking lot.I also remember sneaking a few too many beers from their cooler!Fast forward 14 years and I am parking next to his R.R. at Woodward in the Chrysler display,and drooling over his hemi at the museum .Still the same down to earth guy.This time he didnt have any beer to sneak!

onebadsuperbird
Moparts Member
posted 12-30-2002 01:39 AM

Hey, it's way cool that everyone had a good time! We definitely gotta do something again in the spring!

John
OneBadSuperbird

peelerboy
Moparts Member
posted 12-30-2002 11:27 AM

Yeah! It was nice meeting you Todd!
WPC swap meet is almost always Superbowl Sunday. At least it has been for the last decade or so. Am I right, John?

That was a funny story about Dave Hakim, Randy. Dave is definitely a down to earth guy.

Dale

montyq
Moparts Member
posted 12-30-2002 01:10 PM

I missed all the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The WPC swap meet is the last Sunday of Jan., at the college ,same place as last year,have the info somewhere,someplace will post when I find,maybe a mini-meet there??????

Paul
Moparts Member
posted 12-30-2002 01:45 PM

Looks like you guys had a great time, unfortunately I had family obligations which prevented me from attending Saturday... although, I did get to visit Henry Frod Musuem over the w/e. They have a great automotive exhibit there as well... future Moparts round up?
John, definately yes, another planned get together in the spring would be fantastic.

onebadsuperbird
Moparts Member
posted 12-30-2002 03:43 PM

Dale, yep the last Sunday in January it is!
Paul, bummer that ya couldn't make it but I'll think real hard later on and see what i can come up with for some sort of cool event for the spring. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I know where we could get some nametags made up...

John
OneBadSuperbird

fjr340gts
Moparts Reader
Reged: 01/19/03
Loc: Detroit, Michigan

Here's the motley crew at breakfast! MoparTony was the only brave soul to have the "breakfast" chili!! About 20 guys showed up for chow. Not a lot of deals at the Swap! Only a couple of members were walking around with parts purchases in their hands! I still can't believe the few guys that were selling parts off card tables OUTSIDE in the 10* weather!!!!!

fjr340gts
Moparts Reader
Loc: Detroit, Michigan

BTW: The elusive Ken Hull was doing business INDOORS this time! I have pictures to prove it!!

MPerry
Moparts Reader
Reged: 01/20/03
Loc: Leominster,Massachusetts 05-29-2000 Status: Moparts Member Total Posts: 3597

I see a few familar faces! ~Mike~

DynoDave
Moparts Member
Loc: Oxford, MI

I had a good time. It was nice meeting everyone for breakfast.

I found a few items. Picked up some publications. Also bought some vinyl dye. Picked up a few business cards for future reference. Got to meet Rob Wolf from MCG. And I saw Ken Hull too!

It was sort of strange standing around outside looking at parts.

Saw a few more parts that I could have used, but WAY too spendy for me. But I can say that, before I died, I got to lay my hands on the Holy Grail of Slant 6 items, a complete Hyper Pak intake and exhaust setup.

DUSTER_340
Moparts Stock
Loc: Armada MICH.

It was great to see some of you guys again, and really nice to meet some more of the other members.In addition to the great deal on some wheels I got, I did pick up a side marker light for my 68 barracuda.

GTSport340
Moparts Reader
Loc: formerly known as GTSport69

I think everyone in our crew had a good time.

I didn't see much to get excited about in the swapmeet, but might have if I was moving more on my Mopar projects.

The only deals I did were out in the parking lot with fellow Moparts members!! Fancy that, Moparts must be the best place for parts contacts. Thanks guys.

63CandyMatic
Moparts Reader
Loc: Grand Haven, Michigan

That's funny about Ken Hull. Over the years, I have bought more stuff from him while he had his van or trailer parked outside. He's definately a piece of work. Generally, I thought the swap was a little worse than last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

MoparPhil
Moparts Reader
Loc: Southwestern Ontario Canada

Slim pickings in my price range. Best deals were within the first few minutes of entry and out in the parking lot. The hardcore stuff might as well be bought new for what the asking price was for used. Not the best year for me personally, but maybe I already have most of the required mopar parts to go relatively fast on a budget. I always wish there was more time to socialize.

Unlawfl
Moparts Member
Loc: Mi

I scored a TM-7 intake manifold in nice shape for $125. Also, I picked up a steering column coupler rebuild kit w/the good clamp for $25 from Flite727's brother, and member here "ekim". Renewed my subsciption to MCG and got the cool black Hemi T-shirt and a couple of axle seals that I dont need..

OneBadSuperbird
Moparts Member
Loc: Just NW of the Motor City -- Detroit, MI

Had the usual great time doing the meet 'n' greet with everyone and not really picking up much in the way of anything other than a couple model kits.

Besides the elusive Ken Hull, did anyone notice the notorious Gary Rollins on the prowl walking thru the swap? First time I'd seen him in a lot of years...

DUSTER_340
Moparts Stock
Loc: Armada MICH.

Wow Gary Rollins was there too , and I didn't have my autograph book, Darn!

OneBadSuperbird
Moparts Member
Loc: Just NW of the Motor City -- Detroit, MI

I know!!! Just think of all the unique autograph opportunities that could have been had yesterday!