Quote:

Let me say one more time, the timing number that your motor runs best N/A has absolutely no bearing, where it needs to run on spray, so the "x" per hundred, or fifty, or whatever, is useless. Let me put it this way, lets say you have two nearly identical motors, but for whatever reason, one liked 32 degrees and the other liked 40 degrees on motor. If you used to "2 per 50" rule, motor 1 would be at 24* with a 200hp shot, motor 2 would be at 32* with a 200hp shot. Motor 2 is not going to be happy, as that is too much timing, for a properly tuned 200hp shot. This is an extreme example, but it shows why the "X per hp" rule, is about the dumbest thing they ever came up with. This gets more people in trouble than anything else. As far as "that is what is in the NOS catalog", well, not for long. New catalogs and instruction sheets are being printed and a new way to arrive at timing numbers is being included. I know this, because I wrote the new instructions and tune ups, for the new catalog.

Monte

when are the new catalogs going to be ready?