Quote:

im afraid your right, but those dont seem to like sollidroller lifters from what i have read in the catalog and thats kind of a dealbreaker for me

my plan was to just have a new block and lower compression to be able to use most of my old parts from the last broken 340 while adding a blower,

this hobby sure gets expensive quickly and feels like i may endup replacing and buying alot more parts than was planed

Solid rollers is a non-issue. The solid rollers that Comp Cams just started making attaches the link bar to the front side of the lifter body and the link bar is bent in a way that give ALOT of clearance. Brian at IMM hleped out on these lifters quite abit and has many pictures. I just finished building a 59 degree lifter R3 block and used his lifters. No problem at all. He did recommend using a custom cam with a smaller base circle to add extra insurance so the lifter does not uncover the oil galley. From the sounds of it, you would want a custom cam anyways. It doesnt cost any extra to have that done to the cam.

5517441-P9230023.JPG (65 downloads)
Last edited by sloan; 10/01/09 02:01 PM.

10.53 @ 125mph. 1.37 60 foot. Caltracs and Monoleafs, AFCO shocks.

Heads by INDIO MOTOR MACHINE; IMM.
CP Pistons, PC Carbs.