Quote:

Quote:

last one for the nasayers.

In the old days, they would just machine the tops of the runners back further to have straighter/shorter air flow path somewhat. Have you thought about doing that? Are you going to touch the runners or raduis any of the inlets at all? Just curious.

I like the looks of those intakes, but after running a rat roaster for years with two 750 eddy carbs I modifed, I really don't have the want to go back that way again. I do give you a lot of credit though for making it work that well. I know from running mine that the metering rods and other tricks were closely guarded secrets. I asked more than a few people that had them running well, but always recieved very little info. I learned a few things that made my run what it did, but even the new single dommy intakes and carbs out run them.

Randy, i understand the rat roaster like the str14 were of a similar design, which IMO was not a good design. i heavily modified a str-14 which i got running pretty good but nothing like this 440-25.
these intakes really work, making 80 hp over a stock oe max wedge crossram and 100+ over the STR-14
if i had a choice i would run a 440-3X and be done with it but NSS rules state no single 4-bbls allowed.
also i like the challenge and fun to get these 2-4bbls to run and work with this 440-25 intake.