Quote:

I have dealt with the same thing this summer.

I had a 7 quart low hanging pan- hated it. I didn't like the ground clearance since I drive all the time and do no drag racing with the car. I beat the crap out of the right side, JB welded it up for extra strength and called it good. Then I got mad about the clearnace and out it came.

In went the road race pan you have. I have a 69 383 RR. Pan is KILLER. fits real well all the way around. EXCEPT the same exact hitting you have and the same exact problem as the low hanging pan. Can't beat on this work of art- way too many complex bends, baffles etc to chance it.

I noted how it hit, and in reality it only hits at full travel and really doesn't increase the turning radius. SO I lived with it.

I knew I wasn't alone on this.
Did you check out the fast ratio arms. They make so much other cool stuff, I'll probably end up spending a lot of $ on that company. Sure they won't mind.

Quote:

I noticed when I changed the pan that my idler has no place for a cotter pin. Disturbing, but I haven't decided on changing it or not. Considered that might be part of the hitting problem.

Try a locking flange nut. The ones on my engine mounts are 42 years old and they're still locking up tight.

Quote:

Then I got an alignment. The toe was off. THe adjustment made the clearance better, but still kisses slightly.

That is where I'm at right now. The pan is a really great piece, for those that haven't seen one I would say it is worth checking out. If you aren't running an external oil line it is a super good option. You could drill it for one I would think if you wanted to run it. It tucks AWESOME. Also has a place for an oil temp sender to screw into.

This pan is TRICK!

Quote:

I changed another 69 RR to the 70 up K bar. Not a hard change at all. Nothing but the K bar and the sway bar is changed and maybe the LCA's.

Much better options on sway bars since it has the pass through design.

So the 70 K member is a straight bolt up deal? My car doesn't even have sway bars front or rear. That's something I'm looking into. There're two things my car won't do: turn and stop!

-1967 Belvedere II 440/4speed