Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not to start a POR 15 debate, but I learned to stay away from it.
Zero-Rust for me now.

would you mind explaining why? I always like to hear both sides of the story.

Me to

I have not had positive long term results with POR15. I prepped exactly as stated, used all their products, but over a period of time (a couple of years) the rust would return. The POR would come off in sheets. I am not the only one with this problem (search old topics on this board). These were on cars that saw real weather after, not show cars. Probably if it never sees moisture, you would be fine. But then what is the point?
It is also just a real pain to apply. Gets all over the place, since it is so thin.

I tried Zero-Rust on a trailer as a test. Did minmal prep as they state and it held up perfect. Been about 5 years now. Way easier to apply, since it is more like regular paint. Way easier to clean up too. POR sticks to everything you dont want it to (better then the rust itself). Like your skin, cloths, etc.

I have done iron furnature, my oil tank and a few other things with Zero Rust and they all look super. The black will fade to a gray, but so does POR.

You could say it was my prep work, but I followed their instructions to the tee with the metal ready, etc. If it is that picky, then it is not worth it for me.