FOUND:

1970 F 440 HP2 "six pack" block & main caps.

Engine VIN pad # 0G219932

I bought this block & caps in Racine, WI. The previous owner pulled it down and had it hot tanked and discovered a couple of casting lines that he thought were cracks. He decided to just get another block and kept all the original six pack stuff and sold the empty block to me. I bought it thinking it was cracked, but planned on just using it as a 'dummy' engine to have set-up on a stand. We finally made our way down there to pick it up and my father said it doesn't look cracked to him, more like an odd casting marks. My father kept saying it would be a shame to have that block just lay around if it was a good block and convinced me to at least have it checked out. I decided to get it fixed (if it could be) so I brought it to my welder so he could work his magic. He mag'd it and used his mirrors and magnifying glasses to check everything out and said it wasn't cracked at all, they were indeed just casting markes that were not that good looking. He said he could cover them if I wanted but said it would be a waste as just painting the block would make them disappear.

1969 Dodge Super Bee A12 (440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 4.10)

1972 Plymouth Road Runner (400, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)

1974 Plymouth Duster 360 (360, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)