Originally Posted by gregcharger72
Thanks for the replies, I'm trying to decide on what would be the best approach to reducing my ET. I want to run a 10.50 index class and I am now consistently running 10.70's. Was considering a cylinder head swap from 240 to the 270 head but a cam change may get me there if 650 hp is doable with the 240 head. My current cam is a flat tappet 254 int and 260 exh @ .050. Looks like I would need about a 40 hp increase to get me there.

Would need a little more information before I could provide specific advice. Car details, engine details, etc.

If you're making 600 hp today then it should be possible to increase the engine to 700 hp with a well matched solid roller. You'll need a really good intake to hit 700 hp. Good intakes are hard to find for the standard port heads so you'll most likely need to have an intake ported which could cost $1000 just for the porting. You'll also need a set of good 2 inch headers and the oiling system needs to be correct for that much power.

It is probably cheaper to swap over to a set of 270 heads since then you can buy a better intake. Sell the 240 heads and 4150 carb and intake and buy a set of 270 heads with the good roller springs. Then get a solid roller in the 260/270 range (talk to Dwayne), a good intake and a 1050 Dominator. If you get decent prices for your existing parts you won't be out a ton of money. Especially if you can buy the intake and carb used.