Again, just not sure if what I am feeling is normal. This is my fourth complete disassemble-assemble of an BB engine. All those had spring pressure in the 350 range, and this one is in the 420 range, so what I am feeling may simply be 70 pounds difference. I am curious what it feels like to turn over a roller cam on the stand. I have thought about using my torque wrench to measure the resistance and see if I can find some comparison info. I have read that a few engine builders actually measure the resistance to ensure they are where they want to be.

Again, with a short handle 1/2” ratchet sitting in front of it, it rolls over very nicely. Once the rockers are on, the pressure picks up significantly and at a couple of points I have to standup to pull on it. I’m a big boy so I know that if I stand up with a long handle 1/2” bar, I can make things move that maybe shouldn’t move. When I did hit this hard spot the first time (with the gear drive), my dad (real mechanic) was with me, and after checking everything we simply put more pressure on it and it rolled over. I am curious if I put more lube on the cam if I could tell the difference.

I agree with you Cab, the motor is telling me something, I am just unsure if it telling me it has a problem or the engine builder is simply inexperienced.

Again, I appreciate all the feedback.

'75 Plymouth Duster
Phase I 451 906/590/2-660 10.75/126
Phase II 451 Stage VI/590/1050 9.82/135
Phase III 383 906/Victor-Pump gas 11.30/119

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"