Originally Posted by SattyNoCar
... All the TQ's I ran were on stock engines, so can't tell ya' about putting one on something cammed and making real power, but for my intentions, they were great...

My last 360 build was using a 238/244 @0.050" on 108 LSA hydraulic flat tappet cam...so yup, low idle vacum (7" at 850-900 RPM) on a good day lol.

Needless to say, working the airbleeds and adjusting for the low vacum is what made the whole difference between "it runs but I never know if it's loading up on fuel or starving?" to "damn, this thing is spot on everywhere!".

So to the original OP: you can post the model number of what you have, that would let us assess what configuration that is (i.e. how many of the additional emissions stuff you've got on there, fuel provisions - jetting, rods, etc.).

BTW: I'm running the aftermarket TQ, that being a 9800 carb, which is what has the electric choke and is the smaller 1-3/8" primaries carb. I wish Carter made these in the larger 1-1/2" config because the current build I am buttoning up is a 408" stroker W2 motor and that'll want more air for sure. I most likely will toss the SuperQuad on there just to try it out.