Okay, 69 bee total restoration happening here. Let me explain my ideas and ill hopefully snag one of the other guys running a big hammer that can give me a bit of advise. So im running a 505 indy headed EZ-1 295s. 11:1 COMP Fairly large flat tappet cam everything was spec'd out by porter racing heads, cam heads being ported etc... Ill assume im 675 700 hp range. Im running a dana 60 BUT no fuel tank. Ill have a fuel cell mounted in the trunk. My issue is the exhaust size. Ive always used 3inch. But this time im kicking around 3.5 due to power level. id assume but not sure if 3 inch is big enough or if it would be a bit restrictive, or if 3.5" is over kill. Not concerned about price. It is what it is.

Origional plan was since my collector is 3.5 inch i was going to run a granatelli 3.5" elec cutout then from that down to a 3" X-PIPE and run 3" all the way out.

2nd idea was stay with 3.5 the whole way through a 3.5 " Xpipe 3.5 out the tail end.

3rd was to stay 3.5" from Collector thro the cutout 3.5" Xpipe, then possibly step down to 3" out the rear.

Mufflers are chosen i plan on running the round dynomax ultraflows whatever size i decide on pipes. Id love to hear some 3.5 inch exhausts if anyone has vids. Anyone think for 700ish HP the 3.5 is over kill???? I think it would have a nice sound.