My newest Mopar build-project, a 70 Cuda is heading to the body shop soon, and I'm considering all suspension options for this "clean-slate" build. I'd like some input.

Prior to paint, the car is being fitted with USCT weld-in sub frame connectors and front and rear weld-in torque boxes to help stiffen the car a bit.

I understand good handling and good drag strip qualities don't complement each other, especially with old cars...I get it.

I'm NOT looking to build a road race car, nor a dedicated drag car, but a street car that's handles better than it did stock and can still launch a decent street car 60ft time at the drag strip and run a respectably fast E.T.

I don't have any real E.T. / MPH goals for this car, but I'd like it to drive well on the street.

The Actual Question:

Given all the options out there: Hotchkis, Borgeson, Koni, RMS Suspension Systems, 4-link rear suspension, Cal Trac, Single / Split Monos, QA1 / Viking single and double adjustable shocks, and others...

Is it possible to build an aggressive looking street machine that rides and corners better than stock and can hold it's own at the drag strip? What combination of parts (listed or otherwise) would you use to achieve this goal and why?

Additional Information:

540ci all aluminum engine, 530 lbs, approx 700hp with a camshaft meant for street use. Automatic Transmission. Stall and Gearing to be decided after engine is dyno'd.

More or less the look I'm going for, minus the skinny's up front. (this is not my car)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BigDaddy440; 11/02/22 10:18 PM.

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart