Originally Posted by poorboy
AH, Moparts strikes again! It happens with nearly every question concerning an electrical problem.

We have competing experts saying the other guy is wrong and his testing methods won't work, but mine will.

Is there any wonder why non-electrical people are confused about electrical problems? I've done a lot of automotive electrical repairs, but you guys can confuse me.

The experts argue with each other on how its suppose to be tested and figured out, and all the guy wants to to solve his problem. Who is he suppose to believe?

How about, if YOU have actually SOLVED the particular problem on a similar car the OP has, write a step by step process. If you personally have not solved the problem, don't post. This should not be a location to test theory.

This is how it works. Unless you have some kind of drain (load) in the system the light won't light because it isn't a complete circuit. How do you find the problem? I already answered that. Get a wiring diagram and systematically start disconnecting anything that is a potential load in the electrical system. Yes, it's a PITA but it can be done, I've done it. Now it would be nice if there was some kind of cook book approach but every vehicle has it's quirks and it's own selection of electrical accessories. So every vehicle is going to be different. Some problems aren't solved with an "insert tab A into slot B" approach. This is one of them.

Just a comment, two rules of thumb, incandescent electric lights are current limiters, spark gaps are voltage limiters.

Battery Drain.jpg

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".